Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,392 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,320
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Game Suggestions » AoC Black Screen w/ Sound HELP ME

4 posts found
  pleasenjoi93

Novice Member

The believer is happy, the skeptic is wise.

OP  7/08/09 8:24:16 PM#1

Every time I try to load up AoC, I press PLAY and a wonderful black screen appears with the sound of all of the logos poppin' up and such. The logos do no good when I can't see them, but hey, at least it sounds good! Then after I hit the login screen (I can tell from the music) I press Esc and mountain scene  appears where characters usually are, but are not this time. I understand this was a problem awhile ago for the AoC community so I have found a lot info on the problem and how to fix it... NOTHING HAS WORKED, at all. Nothing. Ive tried changing the resolution, deleting this is that file, downloading that is this file and nothing. I also wasn't even able to find and E-Mail address for Funcom so I can't get their help, which is ridiculous considering I'm paying them $14.99 a month for black screens and lame music.

If anyone has some new, valid information on how to fix this problem, or an E-Mail address for Funcom, please help me. I would be grateful. If not, looks like AoC is not for me, or I'll try re-installing or something. Thanks all.

"...these forums are like soap operas"-Nihce

pleasenjoi93

Novice Member

The believer is happy, the skeptic is wise.

OP  7/08/09 8:27:53 PM#2

Bump

"...these forums are like soap operas"-Nihce

Sevenwind

Advanced Member

7/11/09 12:25:58 PM#3

Have you got the latest drivers and patches for your comptuer? What are your computer specs? OS? Video card?

Another thing to try is get the latest directx redist at microsoft and make sure your directx is up to date.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

Might want to make sure you have the latest sound drivers as well. Is anything running in the background that might not like AoC?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Sevenwind

Advanced Member

7/11/09 12:27:42 PM#4

I should have checked post history. Seems you got it working? What was the problem?

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.