Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,637 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,202
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Class Discussion » Looking at HoX

7 posts found
  fossilfied

Novice Member

OP  6/28/09 3:52:37 PM#1

After all the changes ive been curious to play a HoX and was wondering if any HoX players or people who know of any sites for good info on them, would be most appreciated! Thanks! Also too share any current experiences with them and different play styles that would be fantastic

ProfRed

Apprentice Member

6/28/09 4:03:47 PM#2

My original char was a HoX and I took him from launch to around level 70.  It was a blast to play with very high close range AOE and single target DPS.  I took out 2-3 people my level regularly (I usually got the jump).  It really was fun to play.  Only beef I have is that the armor looks like complete crap (worst than level 1-40) from 50-end game sets.  I mean it is to the point that I can't even bring myself to try to get him to end game and get a set.  Even then they can look pretty stupid. 

HoX still is one of my favorite classes from any MMO ever.  Highly recommend it if you are going to play AoC. 

fossilfied

Novice Member

OP  6/28/09 4:07:46 PM#3

awsome! Thanks for the post!  The info on the armor was definantly a good heads up too, ill try to find some screenshots on the web to check it out, looking dumb while kicking ass is definantly kinda a downer, who really wants to be a hobo in a suit? lol

Teiman

Novice Member

6/28/09 5:06:06 PM#4
Originally posted by fossilfied

After all the changes ive been curious to play a HoX and was wondering if any HoX players or people who know of any sites for good info on them, would be most appreciated! Thanks! Also too share any current experiences with them and different play styles that would be fantastic

I don't know now. But is a character all  burst damage, withouth a second thing to save his ass.  This mean that you are either killing things very fast, or dyiing very fast.  It may sound awesome, but for PVP in a game where there are people with 4000 HP is not that good.  This mean you exist to kill other magues. But you have no utility against medium or heavy armor. Or thats my impression, I could be wrong. 

For some reason was more fun to play a tank.  Because the tank do have utils, like charges and stuns.  Is more fun to have some tools, 4 or 5, and play tactically.  Wen you are a HoX I think you don't have much optios, maybe one, and once that one is burned, you are burned. Is more a Kamikaze class than a Assasin class,  maybe.

fossilfied

Novice Member

OP  6/28/09 5:43:01 PM#5

Also another good view of the class, thanks for that post as well, any and all information or viewpoints are welcome!

catlana

Advanced Member

Playing GW2, ToR, PoE
Played AoC, Aion, DDO, EQ2, CoH, Rift, TERA, WAR, WoW

7/02/09 11:44:35 AM#6

A HoX is a lot of fun to play. Yes, a HoX is truly a glass cannon but when you hit stuff it really hurts.  The class is extremely popular because who does not want to be a whirlwind of destruction? Downside, you will die quite abit. HoXs are high priority targets in pvp simply because they deal so much damage.

User Deleted
7/02/09 11:51:09 AM#7
Originally posted by catlana

A HoX is a lot of fun to play. Yes, a HoX is truly a glass cannon but when you hit stuff it really hurts.  The class is extremely popular because who does not want to be a whirlwind of destruction? Downside, you will die quite abit. HoXs are high priority targets in pvp simply because they deal so much damage.

That is exactly right, and it's something some ppl fail to recognise about the class and thus they whinge about it being so squishy.

Glass cannons are exactly that, very high DPS but at the cost of survivability, you have to be on the ball constantly while playing the class but if done right means your a power to be reckoned with and if your fortunate enough to have a good healer backing you up as a duo then things get even better.

No class out there has everything their way, their is a downside to each and every class, however if played well each class will bring alot to both PvE and PvP, play it like an idiot and your going to find yourself looking for alot of tombstones.

Just remember, HoX = High DPS but very squishy due to this fact.