Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,954 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,918
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Class Discussion » Are the classes finally balanced?

11 posts found
  crunknasty

Apprentice Member

OP  5/31/09 3:14:36 AM#1

I'm probably going to come back to this game, and I was wondering, have the classes been balanced since the opening months?

Back when I played AoC, the classes were so horribly unbalanced (especially in PvP) that it was wrecking the game.  Some classes like Guardian, Pest/BS/PoM, etc. could own the world, while Demos and Necros were completely useless.

Has it finally evened out, or is it still like this?

unkindbeast

Novice Member

4/30/10 4:43:25 PM#2

I find classes balanced but i dont think it matters at this point because expansion is going to change everything.

Fion

Novice Member

forums.3305local.com

We are recruiting.

5/04/10 12:46:37 PM#3

Classes are definitely more balanced, but yes, the expansion hits in a week and it'll change everything so one cannot say if it'll be balanced post-RotGS. However, I'm sure it'll be balanced out eventually once more.

Mind, no MMOG is 'ever' perfectly balanced. I mean shit WoW is what, 7 years old now and it is still completely out of balance.

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

5/04/10 12:52:31 PM#4

When I played last year during the vet re-eval... It was completely unbalanced. Especially in regard to casters. Today I have a 50/50 shot of taking out any equally leveled profession, be it a Warrior class, Rogue or Mage. I'd say that's balanced.

Now where the inbalance comes to play is in PVP levels (gear). Which is understandable to an extent. It also isn't as much a problem as inbalanced classes ( as it was a year ago). Considering with effort anyone can get the gear or levels needed to aquire it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

Zeblade

Hard Core Member

5/04/10 12:55:56 PM#5
Originally posted by Fion

Classes are definitely more balanced, but yes, the expansion hits in a week and it'll change everything so one cannot say if it'll be balanced post-RotGS. However, I'm sure it'll be balanced out eventually once more.

Mind, no MMOG is 'ever' perfectly balanced. I mean shit WoW is what, 7 years old now and it is still completely out of balance.

You know when someone says.. AOC is more balanced than WOW.. that says it all right there. Like anything in life if its not a hit. (AOC)... there will always be some that KNOW its the best EVER! AOC has less money comeing in now so getting things fixed lol like before will just take time..

I loved the part in the video I saw where he says.. there wont be as many voices this time. We want people to see it, watch it..

astoria

Novice Member

5/04/10 1:01:22 PM#6

As others said, the RotGS may throw balance off. Hard to judge since most people dont seem to have unlocked all the AA abilities in beta. Aside from that issue, the only class people CONSISTENTLY say is unbalanced right now is Assassin Many forums saying wtf Sins are OPd!!111, and unlike the other class fora, the 'Fix Sins' camp is quiet.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Draemos

Advanced Member

5/24/10 11:09:43 PM#7

I'm not much of a PvPer in AoC, but just reading the forum you get a sense that the game is fairly balanced with the possible exception of Assassin's right now.  Lots of people are saying they are abit ridic...  Of course I've always been of the opinion that if people aren't bitching about the ambush class, then its probably broken.

Generally when you read class and PvP forums and don't see tons and tons of bitching and moaning, its a pretty good indiciation that the PvP is fairly solidly balanced..  Especially in a game thats as PvP heavy as this one.

ChrystEmpero

Novice Member

7/02/10 5:53:41 PM#8

For me yes.

The class are now a lot more balanced than in the past.

Age of Conan
http://empiree.webs.com
II..EMPIRE..II - Leader - Crom Server
Chrystempero Chrystdemon Chrystmiss Chrystconq Chrystnecro
http://empiree.webs.com

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

2/15/13 4:38:08 AM#9
I played AoC for years - FC couldn't balance a bunch of classes with inbuilt gyroscopes and an idiots guide to help them...
  InFlamestwo

Apprentice Member

2/15/13 4:40:32 AM#10
Barbarian is still OP.

DamonVile

Elite Member

2/15/13 4:44:54 AM#11
Originally posted by Fion

That's by design, not because they can't do it.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.