Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,816,631 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,016
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Game Suggestions » Think it's time to split this forum

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search
61 posts found
  Drednaught

Apprentice Member

How about a magic trick?

OP  2/24/09 2:23:51 PM#1

There is so much bad blood on here at the moment I think they should make an extra forum area like they have on the SWG forums.

Call em Gaute and Craig or Launch and Re-Launch,at least that way any new people coming here to find out about the game as it is "NOW" would not get swamped by the Launch crew.

I have noticed a few threads where a person asked about "what char to play",etc get totally hijacked by the dreaded flame wars.It isnt fair on any new people coming here to learn about the game.

So how bout it MMORPG?

Gaming since 1985 and still going strong.

User Deleted
2/24/09 2:30:56 PM#2
Originally posted by Drednaught

There is so much bad blood on here at the moment I think they should make an extra forum area like they have on the SWG forums.

Call em Gaute and Craig or Launch and Re-Launch,at least that way any new people coming here to find out about the game as it is "NOW" would not get swamped by the Launch crew.

I have noticed a few threads where a person asked about "what char to play",etc get totally hijacked by the dreaded flame wars.It isnt fair on any new people coming here to learn about the game.

So how bout it MMORPG?

I agree and second that vote. Due to the misinformation (they think we are doing it, we think they are doing it...) guess we need two forums of misinformation and let the visitor sort it out

Blackwell99

Novice Member

2/24/09 2:40:59 PM#3

So how bout it MMORPG?

New players won't have a clue who Gaute or Craig is---that's number 1.

Number 2---There was a re launch?????....oh do tell. When did that happen? How did that happen?

Here's a couple of names

How about we call them.....

"The Train Wreck" & "The Mid Air Plane Collision due to Inferior Control Tower Practices"

Frobner

Novice Member

2/24/09 2:45:43 PM#4

Wich of those 2 forums has DX10 ? 

User Deleted
2/24/09 2:49:47 PM#5
It's imperative that the critical voices reaches the ears of consumers before they purchase Age of Conan.

This of course is to prevent them from falling into the hands of a company that has totally ignored the voices of their own community after the community found what they had purchased was nothing like what they were promised.

Also the idea to prevent debate just shows that the Funcom propaganda-machine does NOT want debate.

Keep in mind how they already have totally disregarded their own playerbase, thousands of constructive posts on their own forums - to pursuit the benefits of filling the number of non-informed consumers.

The consumer will NOT get a good treatment from this company, and we try to inform the uninformed consumer about this.

User Deleted
2/24/09 2:56:51 PM#6
Originally posted by croemar
It's imperative that the critical voices reaches the ears of consumers before they purchase Age of Conan.

This of course is to prevent them from falling into the hands of a company that has totally ignored the voices of their own community after the community found what they had purchased was nothing like what they were promised.

Also the idea to prevent debate just shows that the Funcom propaganda-machine does NOT want debate.

Keep in mind how they already have totally disregarded their own playerbase, thousands of constructive posts on their own forums - to pursuit the benefits of filling the number of non-informed consumers.

The consumer will NOT get a good treatment from this company, and we try to inform the uninformed consumer about this.

But, really...who elected you, someone who does not even play the game to be the Arbiter of justice, the master of SPOON ...the one who knows all and see's all that is AoC.

I personally think it is acceptable to split off the haves and have nots. This way we have two avenues of information. One place for all the constant complainers and one for the gushers...

Think about the harmony that would ensue. The Funcom haters would not see the love of the fans of AoC and then puke, and the fanbois will not see the vitriol and misinformation of the haters.

Good plan?

User Deleted
2/24/09 2:58:08 PM#7
Originally posted by Frobner

Wich of those 2 forums has DX10 ? 

None...ah hell, can't even talk about it on the AoC Testlive forums...so why discuss it here...lol

Elsabolts

Hard Core Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

2/24/09 3:02:04 PM#8

Which one is going to have the Drunken Brawling and Mounted combat with 500 pvpers.

Darkjinxter

Novice Member

2/24/09 3:05:41 PM#9
Originally posted by Elsabolts

Which one is going to have the Drunken Brawling and Mounted combat with 500 pvpers.

Both hopefully.

User Deleted
2/24/09 3:08:04 PM#10
Originally posted by openedge1

But, really...who elected you, someone who does not even play the game to be the Arbiter of justice, the master of SPOON ...the one who knows all and see's all that is AoC.

I personally think it is acceptable to split off the haves and have nots. This way we have two avenues of information. One place for all the constant complainers and one for the gushers...

Think about the harmony that would ensue. The Funcom haters would not see the love of the fans of AoC and then puke, and the fanbois will not see the vitriol and misinformation of the haters.

Good plan?

That plan sounds like the american mainstream version of "debate" and "news".

No thank you.

I prefer informed debate that the western world has benefitted from since the media actually was free from government influence.

Until of course, the rules of debate was exposed to new rules from people with enourmous powers and an agenda that is the total opposite from the whole point of objective debate.

Mackerni

Apprentice Member

2/24/09 3:08:19 PM#11

These forums were made for disgruntled MMO gamers.

Drednaught

Apprentice Member

How about a magic trick?

OP  2/24/09 3:09:19 PM#12

This perfectly illustrates why the forum should be split.

What would a newcomer gain from this rant?

Funcom HAVE listened to it's playerbase and IS making changes,FIXING bugs,etc.No new player will experience what you did so why taint his perception of the game with your PAST experiences?

It's the same reason why the SWG forum was split,because the old SWG game doesnt exist,but lots of bitter,twisted ex-players do.

I am a consumer,I pay to play AoC and have no problems WHATSOEVER with Funcom so for you to say they will not get good treatment is just plain fantasy.

Your arguments and baseless and non factual and belong in 2008.It's 2009 now and the game IS improving,people ARE returning and will continue to do so.

The level of over-reacting on these forums by the Funcom haters is quite ridiculous.I think the last time a witch hunt reached this level of hysteria was in Salem.

Funcom launched early and people voted with their wallets,fine no problem...their perogative,but to bear a grudge for this length of time is ridiculous and borderline pyschotic.

It was a few dollars,you got burned,you left...end of.

If you put this much effort into hounding people you should get jobs as bounty hunters,I hear the pay is awesome by the way.

Seriously let....it....go.......

Darkjinxter

Novice Member

2/24/09 3:10:28 PM#13

On a more serious note.

Rather than splitting the AoC posts into 'for and against' lets petition MMORPG to close the AoC part of the forum until further notice.
We really are hitting our heads against a brick wall here. Should anything actually change for the better/worse on a grand scale leave it to MMORPG to re-open the threads as they see fit.

I'll shut up now for a wee while..

User Deleted
2/24/09 3:14:11 PM#14

Good plan?

No thank you.

I prefer informed debate that the western world has benefitted from since the media actually was free from government influence.

Until of course, the rules of debate was exposed to new rules from people with enourmous powers and an agenda that is the total opposite from the whole point of objective debate.

Debate consists of well informed and structured discussion. Not "Look at Failcom" or "They suxxor" .

When people debate they learn about their subject matter. For example, if we were to have a debate about the President and YOU show up with your launch of Presidency with George Bush data vs my Obama data, who really is more informed?

If the discussion is about the game itself, and current problems like bugs and not about old data like Gaute and launch, this would be acceptable. It does not seem to be the case.

We can certainly disseminate this old data from new, and have a better well thought out discussion board and people who play the game will feel better for it. And for those who can do nothing but throw off on the company...well, misery loves company!

clearSam

Novice Member

2/24/09 3:18:47 PM#15

yep, you should totally inform them that Funcom has done a great job fixing AoC and transforming it from a buggy game to a fully functional MMO in just a few months, you should also tel them that they kept adding new content in almost every patch.

you can also tel them that Funcom's QA is communicating directly with their customers on the official AoC forum: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=184390 while other companies delegate this task to outsourced ressources  in who knows where !

oh, and probably you wanna add that there are some lunatics who bash things that they cant afford, and that we call them "TROLLS" in forum terms. That kin of people usually talk big without proof and usually uses abstract meaningless sentences such as " totally disregarded their own playerbase" and "to pursuit the benefits of filling the number " without providing any tangible numbers or logical construcs.

Blackwell99

Novice Member

2/24/09 3:24:30 PM#16

Good plan?

No thank you.

Debate consists of well informed and structured discussion. Not "Look at Failcom" or "They suxxor" .

When people debate they learn about their subject matter. For example, if we were to have a debate about the President and YOU show up with your launch of Presidency with George Bush data vs my Obama data, who really is more informed?

If the discussion is about the game itself, and current problems like bugs and not about old data like Gaute and launch, this would be acceptable. It does not seem to be the case.

We can certainly disseminate this old data from new, and have a better well thought out discussion board and people who play the game will feel better for it. And for those who can do nothing but throw off on the company...well, misery loves company!

You make it sound like the game has no problems now--that is what is misleading.

But clearly all anyone has to do is goto AoC's home page and see that since patch 1.4 there is a plague of problems. (I'll link them if you like)

Then there are the old problems that still blend in with the new.

Class Balancing

Low population

Lag spikes

Lack of DX10 

Raiding issues galore

Meaningless PvP

animations problems

....I could go on, i can also back these up with links

if you don't want an honest debate and would rather sit around and praise the game...well as the kids say:

Fansites are that way--------------------------------------->

clearSam

Novice Member

2/24/09 3:31:45 PM#17
Originally posted by Blackwell99

Good plan?

No thank you.

You make it sound like the game has no problems now--that is what is misleading.

But clearly all anyone has to do is goto AoC's home page and see that since patch 1.4 there is a plague of problems. (I'll link them if you like)

Class Balancing

Low population

Lag spikes

Lack of DX10 

Raiding issues galore

Meaningless PvP

animations problems

if you don't want an honest debate and would rather sit around and praise the game...well as the kids say:

as any other MMO, AoC have and will still have problems as long as its getting updates and new content. and your point is...?

give one MMO which doesnt have network Latency

if you cant do that then youre no diffrent then a troll. 

User Deleted
2/24/09 3:36:41 PM#18

Good plan?

No thank you.

Class Balancing

Low population

Lag spikes

Lack of DX10 

Raiding issues galore

Meaningless PvP

animations problems

If I wanted to I could make such a list for Lotro, for WAR, for WOW, for EVE etc etc. All MMO's have their problems and users who experiences problems.

The difference is how you choose to debate them, when people discuss with saying "failcom sucks". that's not a constructive discussion is it?

User Deleted
2/24/09 3:58:23 PM#19

Really? Can you show me that post? I guess you did not read my Good, Bad, Ugly post about the last patch. The difference was I could do it without stating Funcom sux or Gaute ruined the game or they will never get back on their feet. It was concise and to the point. This is usually the difference between a player and a troller.

Uh, do you mean the forums? Again this shows your misinformation.

Class Balancing

EVERY MMO in existence. So, why single out AoC. Show me one 100% balanced MMO that never had a patch to balance classes and still to this day never need to balance classes, and I will say YOU made the website.

Low population

EQ2, CoH, Lineage 2 (US only), SWG, Vanguard, and many more. Why is this a problem? If the game is being actively developed and fixed, then there is always a chance to bring back players. This is not a "bug"

Lag spikes

I do not have any. This shows your old outdated information. Now, of course, if others are reporting it as a bug, it most likely is system related. I have 3 different computers in my home where my wife, my son and I play this game. We do not have lag spikes anymore.

Lack of DX10 

The only one I will not argue about. Of course, WAR does not, EQ2 does not, WoW does not, and about 98% of MMO's. Who really cares besides those who use it as a tool for attack by haters..(but do not get me wrong, I am not happy about it, but I do not need it to make the game run either)

Raiding issues galore

When was the last time you raided? Have you raided since 1.04? I do not deny these exist but you do not know what issues really exists, and as well, I can again show you many an MMO with the same issues...still has nothing to do with this thread and the debate though.

Meaningless PvP

Again, I will not argue. I have no first hand except in mini-games where I can cash in for cool armor...has meaning to me.

animations problems

This is a good one, and actually has already been explained. The revamp for spell casting coming made it so they triggered timed animations to spell casting, and until the change in speed goes in, this one issue is off. It does not break the game, and actually exists for a reason. You want to discuss animation issues? Go read the LOTRO boards.

Again, debate deals with educated discussion of current events. You seem to go and read up what OTHERS have seen and are a lemming to follow along, not knowing the circumstances. For example, many issues (like the mouse problem noted by some) is an issue with specific hardware. I am not having that issue. But, to you this is a major problem. Same with the animations...I am not bothered by them, as they do not break the game.

If you wish to have a serious debate on the games virtues or hardships, please subscribe first, experience the issues firsthand, and then lets try and first troubleshoot, then discuss...but as I can see, you would rather argue..

No thanks.

Drednaught

Apprentice Member

How about a magic trick?

OP  2/24/09 3:59:18 PM#20

Good plan?

No thank you.

Class Balancing

Low population

Lag spikes

Lack of DX10 

Raiding issues galore

Meaningless PvP

animations problems

I noticed you posted on the Eve forums asking for advice about the game,you got some nice sensible replies which are very helpful.

Now imagine if you posted the same thing here and you yourself answered,dont think the post would be very helpful would it.

There is a difference between balanced view and blind hatred,Eve has bugs and yet people chose to help you not post "game sux,devs suck,etc" posts.

So maybe you wanna see it in that respect for a change.Instead of hijacking every thread here posting about a game you no longer play,why not play Eve and enjoy yourself.

Because you never know how things will turn out,and maybe you will find yourself the Eve fanboi against the haters.Would be a whole lot more fun in this world if we all just got along.

Ps I played Eve for 12months,enjoyed it a lot to begin with,found it a little repetitive (99% MMO's are same),had a few issues with lag,etc and the odd bug.I left to play other games and yet havent felt the need to continually hunt down every Eve forum post and hijack it.I just put it down to me not enjoying the game so I quit.

Which is how MMO's should be,you play em for a bit,if you like em you stay,if not you quit,no need for all this hate all the time.

Anyways no malice intended here,just trying to get you to see a different perspective of things,alternate world if you like

You cant go on posting about stuff that happened in 2008,its irrelevant to AoC in its current form,hence my terms of launch and re-launch,thats what it feels like on the server now.

Anyways thats my 50 pence worth,do with it what you will

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search