Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,120 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,152
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Class Discussion » PvE Melee Roles

5 posts found
  Eshploder

Novice Member

Silver-Tongued Devil

OP  1/31/09 5:08:00 PM#1

I looking into purchasing AoC and I have a question regarding classes. First off, is there a fair amount of group PvE content (not raids) and how useful are the different melee classes in these situations. If you could list them like:

1) Class x

2) Class y

3) Class z

That would be great. Thank you.

To Each His Own.

aztekkk

Novice Member

1/31/09 5:21:10 PM#2

In all fairness, AoC has a boatload of PvE content. The problem is the raid and end-game content, being that it lacks alot of lvl 80 "to do's", so to speak.

I generally play ranged classes, so I may not be the best person to ask regarding melee classes, but from experience, it varies depending on the type of class you want to play.

If you're into Damage dealing, then consider trying Barbarian or Assassin.

The tank classes are fairly limited to Guardian and Dark Templar, though I have little experience with the DT, which is likely relied on for buffs or DoT's.

The conqueror can be played fairly agressively and has the best of both worlds IMO.

Hope this helps.

Eshploder

Novice Member

Silver-Tongued Devil

OP  1/31/09 8:30:24 PM#3

Well what I meant was which are most helpful in a group. Obviously Guardian and DT would be because of Tanks but do you need a Conqueror, Assassin, or Barbarian?

To Each His Own.

facris

Novice Member

2/02/09 7:12:21 PM#4

Assassin and Barb are loved for their dps, but are not really group altering.  There is always other dps classes you can fit in their slots.  Conq though seems to be loved as an offtank.  Good group buffs, but they can't really take the main tank role so keep that in mind incase someone tries to slot you into the role.

cybertrucker

Spotlight Poster

Freeloading mooches are the scourge of the gaming community.

6/11/09 1:51:20 AM#5

Wow no mention of the Herald Of Xotle???... I love my HoX.. Melee based caster that turns into a demon and burns the hell out everyone around them. Definately one of the most interesting classes I have seen in an MMO