Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,845 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,604
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Game Suggestions » Whats the point?

7 posts found
  GalvanizeX9

Apprentice Member

OP  10/14/08 2:10:18 AM#1

Why is there a suggestion thread on this website? i HIGHLY doubt funcom reads these forums for suggestions on there game... they get enough of that on there forums why here?

someone please give me a logical explanation lol

vodbov

Novice Member

10/18/08 6:44:57 PM#2

You never know. mmorpg.com is the best mmo community so far.

Also its not about only Player to Administration suggestions. It can be Player to Player too.

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

10/18/08 6:47:28 PM#3

They read em or have folks like AmazingAvery and if you will notice your starting to see some folks post little posts saying how they love the game or class this my guess is being done for Funcom.

LordBonezy

Novice Member

10/21/08 8:05:32 AM#4

I'll do you one better. Whats the point of making suggestions to Funcom at all. I made over 100 suggestions in my 5 months there, and they have yet to implement any of them. They have also failed to deliver what they sold hundreds of thousands of subcribers. I can't believe they think they will have a successful game with an expansion to AOC in a few months or a year when they haven't even delivered on what they have already packaged up and sent out.

AmazingAvery

Age of Conan Advocate

The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.

10/21/08 8:28:06 PM#5
Originally posted by LordBonezy

I'll do you one better. Whats the point of making suggestions to Funcom at all. I made over 100 suggestions in my 5 months there, and they have yet to implement any of them. They have also failed to deliver what they sold hundreds of thousands of subcribers. I can't believe they think they will have a successful game with an expansion to AOC in a few months or a year when they haven't even delivered on what they have already packaged up and sent out.

FYI, no firm date has been set up for the expansion. Only news for it is one sole lonely piece of teaser art. Tentatively looking at release at least a year away.

Just because they never put in any of your idea's doesn't mean to say any one of your 100 suggestions was the right course to take. I am also sure that probably read most of it and took it in. Over the development they added in several combined community suggestions and worked them. Not saying your idea's might not of been great as I am sure they would be sound. However, to whine about it isn't really productive.

Best place to forward suggestions is on the test forum, where many of them do get acknowledgement and feedback.

Conan Vids Corsair 800d Case/i7 930 @ 4.4ghz/EVGA x58 760 Classified/Corsair Dominator 12GB 1600/Corsair HX1000 PSU/GTX 580x2/Intel X25-M SSD/2x WD 1TB Blacks/Corsair H90 cooler / 1x 28" 1900x1200 monitor/ G-19 Keyboard/ G500 mouse

LordBonezy

Novice Member

10/23/08 1:22:31 PM#6

Alright Avery.

No firm date has been set up for the Expansion. Yeah 2009 right? Well is that the same year we can expect them to deliver all the stuff they promised to give at or near launch for Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures? I mean that was launched in May right? of 2008 and its now almost November and more of the promises you guys have made have been broken or read as outright lies than things you've delivered.

One of my suggestions was to expand the guild bank size. It was a suggestion made about 3000-5000 times on their forums. It was made about a day or two after launch for the first time. It was made daily or semi-daily every day after that. It's about 153 days from launch. They have not expanded the guild bank.

A few other suggestions I made that they should work on...

Server Merges

DX10

Full PVP System Implemenation

Guild Management Rights

Reworking Groups so players get XP for doing it

Redoing Raids so they dont fail

Redoing Siege almost all players can get in on it

They haven't done jack shit on any of those and there were over 100 of them that I made. A lot of what I suggested was already suggested beforehand.

I wasn't looking for acknolowdgement, feedback, or a fucking cookie. I was looking for the goddamn implementation that I was paying for monthly and that my guild members we paying for monthly. We didn't want to be royally screwed over by a developer who is only good at making promises that sound great, spouting ideas and then not delivering them or even explaining when they can have them done.

So tell me another one.

svarteryttar

Novice Member

1/07/10 11:50:11 AM#7

The suggestions on Funcoms official Age of Conan page is thousands up on thousands of suggestionn s that they all ignore so I agree on the pointlessness of making suggestions somewhere else in hope that Funcom will read it.

Played WoW for 3 years on Runetotem (chars: Ariman and Redsonja)
Played AoC for 2 years on Crom (char: Kallisto) and Fury (char: Siratsia)
Playing SWTOR on Tomb of Freedon Nadd