Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,352 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,092
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Game Suggestions » $19.95 monthly fee

15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
290 posts found
  Supernerd

Novice Member

OP  5/30/07 10:50:58 AM#1
Everyone is making more money these days;if you're not, I suggest you ask for a raise.

Take a look around. Soon it'll be 2 quarters just to lick 1 stamp.
Heh, I always buy 4 Snickers Bars every morning from the 7 Elven; it used to cost under 3 bux.Now it costs me almost 5 bucks.
Hey i bought a $2.00 24 oz. bottle of Coke the other day and the machine didn't even have a slot for coins;it just had a slot  for singles...
Prices Go Up People. In general things cost more and more everyday.This is just how the world works my friends.

Anyways,
I do believe Age of Conan will be a step above all other mmorpgs.

A higher monthly fee could be easily justified.Heck, I would even pay 24.95 a month to play this game.
Heck,I would even  pay 149.95 for a special "Collectors Edition" box(if they included a real bronze 2 hand axe with the name Conan engraved on it or something neato)

I think that this game will raise the bar and set a new standard in the genre for future mmorpgs.
Charging $19.95 per month for a game with all that Age of Conan will offer only makes sense to me.
I hope someone important from Funcom reads this. Someone could be gettin' a raise.
  User Deleted
5/30/07 11:12:26 AM#2
All that sugar is apparently clouding your brain :)

I honestly see nothing stated that  creates a need to raise the subscription price any higher than the standards we are already at. Much higher and I definitely think you will limit the community.  Price rises mainly happen in certain markets due to peoples willingness to spend more, and your openness to it does not help the end user. It's not to say that they shouldn't be paid any wage donating time for free and washing my car for nickels but  near 15 bucks a month per user is quiet a good deal on their  end.  The very fact that you pay more for your candy bars and ice cold beverages would only make one  believe you would have even less money to spend on entertainment so why in hell would we want to pay more for that too?
  Shinya777

Apprentice Member

5/30/07 11:16:51 AM#3
£2.50 a journy on a bus here in the UK for me :(
  TedDanson

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:19:14 AM#4

Dude, you eat 4 snickers a day? Thats friggen disgusting, and shows your lack of self control towards spending money wisely.....that or you are just a fatty mc fat fat.

I also see no reason to raise the monthly charges beyond the norm. If I can play EVERY other MMO for 15 a month, then why am I to be inclined to pay 20 for AOC? Some innovative designs? I think not my friend, unless they are sending me $5 worth of hookers and blow every month then I am not paying them a cent over the $15 usual.

bbranch70

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:24:11 AM#5
Just wondering if anyone remembers the old AOL Neverwinter Nights game? Compared to the per hour price plan they used the games now are dirt cheap. I remember living off of Spagettios and Tuna one month because I overplayed that game.

I'm just glad they don't try that type of plan again.
  Supernerd

Novice Member

OP  5/30/07 11:26:31 AM#6
Originally posted by Unicorns_Pwn

I honestly see nothing stated that  creates a need to raise the subscription price any higher than the standards we are already at. Much higher and I definitely think you will limit the community.  Price rises mainly happen in certain markets due to peoples willingness to spend more, and your openness to it does not help the end user. It's not to say that they shouldn't be paid any wage donating time for free and washing my car for nickels but  near 15 bucks a month per user is quiet a good deal on their  end.  The very fact that you pay more for your candy bars and ice cold beverages would only make one  believe you would have even less money to spend on entertainment so why in hell would we want to pay more for that too?
i can understand why you would think i'm nuts for suggesting a higher monthly fee.

I just feel that if  AoC is as good as I think it will be; a 19.95 subscription for 30 days would be good for the players.
Yes,it would be beneficial for us gamers by showing that we are willing to fork out more cash for quality.
It would send a message to future mmorpg developers that hey if you actually make something good,yes you can charge a little more and we will happily pay extra with a smile on our face.

C'mon guys,it still will cost LESS than $1 USD  per day.
Fellow gamers let's all help send that message.
Age of Conan a Premium Mmorpg.
  Kenze

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:27:32 AM#7

man I feel for you British people having to carry all those pounds of money. it must hurt your back.

As for AoC being worth a sub increase... I see alot of games heading that way very soon. Even the older games will be raising their fees within the next 6 months.(my crystal ball is never wrong)

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Netspook

Advanced Member

5/30/07 11:29:06 AM#8

First reaction to price of $20-25 a month: run away!

Second reaction, after some though: parents might tell their kids, "Play WoW, I'm not paying $5-10 more than what WoW costs!"

Bad for WoW, better for AoC...

Supernerd

Novice Member

OP  5/30/07 11:31:57 AM#9
Originally posted by TedDanson

Dude, you eat 4 snickers a day? Thats friggen disgusting, and shows your lack of self control towards spending money wisely.....that or you are just a fatty mc fat fat.

nope just have 2 after breakfast and then 2 at nite before bed,but i usually goto bed after midnite so.......
Guys don't you see i am suggesting this for OUR own good .
It will help us in the long run,just go with the flow guys,this is a good idea.
  Ethanael

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:33:10 AM#10
If MMO prices go up, the player base will go down.  I'm not forking over $20 per month to play an online game.  For those hardcore players that abuse the game daily for 10+ hours, sure that price could be justified.  But, for an average gamer that spends a fraction of that time online, it doesn't make sense. 

There will be no way to avoid it in the future due to the adjustment for inflation levels.  But, it's to early for doing it because of that.

http://twitter.com/xmcgraw

Sinkael

Novice Member

Go home, nobody loves you.

5/30/07 11:34:09 AM#11
Originally posted by Supernerd
Everyone is making more money these days;if you're not, I suggest you ask for a raise.

Heh, I always buy 4 Snickers Bars every morning from the 7 Elven; it used to cost under 3 bux.Now it costs me almost 5 bucks.
Hey i bought a $2.00 24 oz. bottle of Coke the other day and the machine didn't even have a slot for coins;it just had a slot  for singles...

Yes, prices go up, what you are missing is the value of those items. Has the added cost to the stamp added any value to the mail being sent out? Has the price increase on the Snickers caused them to taste any better? Did that bottle of Coke quench your thirsty more effectively? Chances are, the answer is no. Which is the main reason why I use e-mail now, why I don't eat Candy bars, and when I purchase a soda, I get a fountain drink or the "generic" version of whatever it is I am drinking.

Prices Go Up People. In general things cost more and more everyday.This is just how the world works my friends.

That doesn't make it right.

Anyways,

Conan will be different, but being better is only a matter of opinion.

A higher monthly fee could be easily justified.Heck, I would even pay 24.95 a month to play this game.
Heck,I would even  pay 149.95 for a special "Collectors Edition" box(if they included a real bronze 2 hand axe with the name Conan engraved on it or something neato)

The ramifications for hiking up the monthly access fee goes far beyond just AoC. History shows that when one company raises it price, the other major players do as well. I have four (4) people who play MMO's in my family, that means that I am already dishing out 60 bucks a months in access charges plus Xbox live. Right now, I can justify that. If they add another 20 bucks to my entertainment charge bringing it to 80 bucks a month or if the raise it even higher so I am paying nearly 120 bucks a month, well, all accounts in my house will be canceled. I have a family to support, maybe you don't, or maybe you do and just have a better job, fact is, MMO's are attracting more and more people, people like housewives and working families who can afford the market as is. However, if you raise the market, esp. considering the dire state of our current economy, the price of gas etc etc, then you will alienate a large portion of the very market you are trying to attract. What you will see happen is the embrace of micro transactions, specialty services, new distribution models, etc etc.

I think that this game will raise the bar and set a new standard in the genre for future mmorpgs.
Charging $19.95 per month for a game with all that Age of Conan will offer only makes sense to me.
I hope someone important from Funcom reads this. Someone could be gettin' a raise.

There is only one aspect of Conan that has any real chance of changing the market, and that is the combat system, everything else they are doing is being done by someone else already. Age of Conan's only real innovation is the combat system, it will make or break the game. This single innovation has yet to prove itself in the open market and thus there is no way to know if it will be worth a price hike.
sinkael Xfire Miniprofile
  User Deleted
5/30/07 11:34:23 AM#12
Apparently  you don't understand. As consumers we are trying to get the best service/product we can for the lowest price. There is no reason for me to want to blindly throw money at a developer when we've never even played the game. We have heard all about innovation plenty of times before on this forum and the rest of the internet. Regardless, it's still gonna be basically the same experience you've had in nearly every other game with maybe one more thing thrown in that they will just create a timesink out of.
  ronan32

Novice Member

I will never play an mmorpg with Microtransactions

5/30/07 11:36:39 AM#13

Anyways,

you would pay 24.95 a month to play a game you have never played.....you were'nt one of those suckers who bought into dark and light were you.....your a troll trying to rise people.
  Billr00

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:36:43 AM#14

This is what i think will happen if a good MMO like AOC is purported to be goes and ups their subscription fee.

Every crap game from here on out will try and charge the same in hopes that you will assume they must be good because they cost more .. just look at consumerism today .. does a Gucci purse last longer or contain some rare material .. no .. but since they charge more people assume they must be better ..

it would just be a case of corporate manipulation .. they would keep hammering us with higher fees until eventually we just got sick of complaining and accepted it ..

TheChronic

Novice Member

You must be either retarded or a fanboi.

5/30/07 11:37:23 AM#15

I wouldnt play this game for 20 dollars a month,

I know many people who consider starting to play a mmorpg and the only thing that kept them from playing are the monthy fees, they say "why should I ever pay 15 bucks each month to play a game?"

now Imagine I tell them "hey you need to pay 20 bucks to play age of conan"

they would laugh at me...

so, propably a few would play aoc for 20 bucks each month, but the majority wouldnt, especially those who have never played a mmorpg in their live and consider starting one...

"You must be either retarded or a fanboi..."

Kalengar

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:39:17 AM#16

I pay $5 for HBO

I pay $5 for Showtime

I pay $5 for Starz

I pay $0 for Guildwars

I paid $199 for LOTRO

I will not pay $20-$25 a month for a video game.

Have fun in AoC.  You better have alot of it for that kind of money.

therain93

Novice Member

"Racing to endgame is like racing to the end of your vacation."

5/30/07 11:40:06 AM#17

Funcom would be very hard-pressed to justify a 19.95 or 24.95/month subscription cost without significant monthly add-ons/expansions.  I just don't think the market would accept it given every other mmo charges between 10 and 15 per month depending on the billing period.  Think of the CD and DVD industries.  Music cds (in the US) have significantly dropped in price (from an average of 16 down to 10) due in part to the perception that dvds pack more value for less price.

OrionStar

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:42:31 AM#18
I think the MMO market will fail if they raise prices any higher.  You will see casual gamers go back to FPS games or console systems.  I think if they stop being greedy and lower the prices more people will play their games.  MMOs will see more sub numbers then they could ever have imagined if the price is lowered.
  Supernerd

Novice Member

OP  5/30/07 11:42:57 AM#19
Originally posted by Sinkael

Yes, prices go up, what you are missing is the value of those items. Has the added cost to the stamp added any value to the mail being sent out? Has the price increase on the Snickers caused them to taste any better? Did that bottle of Coke quench your thirsty more effectively? Chances are, the answer is no. Which is the main reason why I use e-mail now, why I don't eat Candy bars, and when I purchase a soda, I get a fountain drink or the "generic" version of whatever it is I am drinking.

...... it will be worth a price hike.
hey i prefer to call it pop and i drink from a bubbler okay? i live in the real world
im not trying to argue with you guys,i was just making a suggestion and hopefully,
IF Funcom decides to charge 19.95 a month
by that time you should be okay with it.
Cause it will be well worth it just like you said.
  Produde

Novice Member

5/30/07 11:49:47 AM#20
Originally posted by Unicorns_Pwn

i can understand why you would think i'm nuts for suggesting a higher monthly fee.

I just feel that if  AoC is as good as I think it will be; a 19.95 subscription for 30 days would be good for the players.
Yes,it would be beneficial for us gamers by showing that we are willing to fork out more cash for quality.
It would send a message to future mmorpg developers that hey if you actually make something good,yes you can charge a little more and we will happily pay extra with a smile on our face.

C'mon guys,it still will cost LESS than $1 USD  per day.
Fellow gamers let's all help send that message.
Age of Conan a Premium Mmorpg.

You are entitled to your somewhat obscure opinion, but I will not encourage an increase in any MMO.  Specifically one that is not even finshed. There is no rational reason to push the cost of gaming up.

You sound like someone who has been compensated to push the idea.  How far have you progressed into the game? Are you any where near end game status. Honestly, there's no reason for  making such outlandish speculation...

Read what the other respondents have said. It's obvious you are out of bounds with any such desire.

How bought you list 5 GOOD reasons YOU feel justify a monthly fee increase you suggest. You even said it yourself "I just feel that if AoC is as good as I think it will be".

You really don't know yourself. It just could be the SUGAR..........

15 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search