Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,783,431 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,316
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Interview with Gaute Godager the original AoC visionary!

6 posts found
  LuckyDucky

Novice Member

OP  9/10/13 8:07:06 PM#1

Something to read while the servers are down for the merge ( but NOT down for the count! ).

http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/09/interview-with-gaute-godager.html

Great interview! I thought Gaute would be bitter about the game, but he is not at all! Great guy, a talented visionary. My hat is off to Gaute and all those who worked with him to bring this truly great MMO into our lives.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

Po_gg

Elite Member

9/11/13 9:22:29 AM#2

The merge is finished :) and just wow...

Crom is cramped with people. OT and Khemi are a lagfest in the first few minutes until they're loaded completely, and even then the game stutters occasionally. Haven't seen this many folks in there since years... :)

Luckily (maybe because I was on Crom originally, though the faq says it doesn't matter) all of my characters kept their names, same goes to the majority of the friend list - there are a few unlucky ones among them who got renamed in the process...

Edit: sorry for the merging off above.

The interview is great, he's a REH fan like myself, I still like the original Hyborian Adventures part the most... And I love the "I wonder what the tumbled down ruins of the Tower of the Elephant would look like?" idea. Too bad there are no session plays of the past like in LotRO, that'd be awesome to break into the Tower as the young Conan :)

Gorwe

Elite Member

9/15/13 7:10:18 PM#3
An awesome interview to be sure. And if you ask me, they did what they set out to do just fine. Guess that we all will be mourning the tragic circusdances( :D ) of AoC's launch. If only both it and WAR had better launches. Ah well...que sera, sera. Shame about these lovely IPs ;( ;(

Oh and is he wearing Nike C.Ballistech(Nadal Nike shoes) on that picture or am I crazy? If he is, that'd be 2.0 or 3.0 imo.
  AmazingAvery

Age of Conan Advocate

The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them.

9/15/13 10:30:59 PM#4
I still have a signed by Gaute piece of AoC artwork from back in the day. I told him there should of been a harder server ruleset option but he dismissed the flavour for one back then.

Conan Vids Corsair 800d Case/i7 930 @ 4.4ghz/EVGA x58 760 Classified/Corsair Dominator 12GB 1600/Corsair HX1000 PSU/GTX 580x2/Intel X25-M SSD/2x WD 1TB Blacks/Corsair H90 cooler / 1x 28" 1900x1200 monitor/ G-19 Keyboard/ G500 mouse

Gorwe

Elite Member

9/16/13 4:48:57 AM#5
There should be a Hardcore server inspired by either eve or Diablo.

Let's say that if you die the Mark consumes you. Or if you die X times in a row within a week it consumes you.

That'd be like awesome!
  Xasapis

Tipster

9/16/13 4:53:14 AM#6
Well, Shadowlands in AO was the expansion that alienated me with that mmorpg. Plus, the lack of end content at launch was what affected the future of AoC beyond anything else. It's the very reason Tera and other games suffered at launch, the place where gamers spend most of their time in a level based mmorpg was vacant compared to the rest.