Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,790,379 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,054
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » When/Why did they make so much solo only?

4 posts found
  SwashBuccaneer

Advanced Member

OP  6/27/13 10:04:29 PM#1

Been back playing the game with my wife the past week and stuff that used to be duoable (like coastal cave in tortage) is now only doable solo.  We used to do the quests in there before together.

Just curious when they changed this and why lol.  Have noticed that some quest items won't even drop anymore if you're in a group in a solo instance.

Destiny2010

Novice Member

6/28/13 11:46:08 AM#2
Coastal Cave was multi? Never done it elseway then solo. Many places in Tortage is solo, as its based on a RPG. Post Tortage is more multiplayer oriented.
  Po_gg

Elite Member

6/28/13 1:29:41 PM#3
I remember doing it with a friend years ago... but mostly solo'ed since then, so I haven't noticed when did it change to solo only. Actually I skip it a lot of times, you can easily reach lvl20 without the whole Raboz, Kira's husband, Kira's crypt questline :)
  Bjelar

Novice Member

6/28/13 1:34:48 PM#4
Originally posted by SwashBuccaneer

Been back playing the game with my wife the past week and stuff that used to be duoable (like coastal cave in tortage) is now only doable solo.  We used to do the quests in there before together.

Just curious when they changed this and why lol.  Have noticed that some quest items won't even drop anymore if you're in a group in a solo instance.

Fortunately, all solo dungeons (except destiny-quests) are optional. The costal cave has two quests in it which can easily be ignored. It's hardly the most interesting instance in the game anyway.

I understand your plight, but to be honest, there isn't THAT much "forced solo content".

As to your question, I don't know. I've never grouped for the costal cave, so I have not noticed any change.