Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,825 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,634
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Any chance that AoC will revert to the old combat system?

6 posts found
  DMKano

Elite Member

OP  4/08/13 8:47:40 AM#1

The beta combat system was the best I ever experienced period. Yes it had issues, it wasn't perfect but it was a lot more fun than what is in game currently.

Why was it changed to begin with?

Anybody have the full story?

DaSpack

Novice Member

4/08/13 9:15:39 AM#2
I came into the game a good while after launch and was never into the beta. But if I get you correct you are talking about the combat system that had like 8 directions instead ov the 5 directions now. I think they just concluded on that it became too tedious. I mean some people are even saying that today with 5 directions and the modified combosystem that the game is too hard for the real big masses (and thats why AoC have more like an 50 000 to 100 000 players instead of 500 000). So I sort of understanding them. They already have 1 game that is so hard that only like a few thousand players play it (Anarchy Online), I guess they did not need another one :D

The Ultimate Breakdown

Thane

Hard Core Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

4/08/13 9:21:53 AM#3

actually i am not aware of any change to the combat system.

i played beta, and hell, there were no 8 directions.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

DaSpack

Novice Member

4/08/13 9:30:05 AM#4
Originally posted by Thane

actually i am not aware of any change to the combat system.

i played beta, and hell, there were no 8 directions.

Well it was like early early beta I think. This was basically before they postponed AoC launch with a full year. They postponed it basically because they wanted to make the system into what it is today.

The Ultimate Breakdown

esty17

Novice Member

4/08/13 3:30:27 PM#5
They dropped some of the major combos from 5 steps to 3 and made a few 1-steps, like ccs, just a button.
  Destiny2010

Advanced Member

4/09/13 3:26:07 AM#6

To be honest, the chances of this happening is very, very small. Reason is that the huge work that went into the reform in 1,5 update and around there. Also a huge reason must be the new teamsize for AoC. I don`t see it happening that they will spend alot of time on something this unimportant. (it really is in the larger picture..)

At least there is still a combo system here.