Trending Games | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,245 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,495
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Lets's muster this mass respons to FUNCOM, Let's get AoC revitalized and a new starter area!! (Poll)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
62 posts found
  DaSpack

Novice Member

OP  3/19/13 5:54:28 AM#61
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
Originally posted by DaSpack

For some reason all MMOers (or at least many of them) say OMG Tortage is the best MMO moment ever. People love the first 25 lvls of AoC. Particularly the trolls say that. They say that sort of to justify all the QQ they want to share about the rest of the game (or at least it used to be like this... a couple of years back when it was popular to hate on AoC :D). Anyways, I was one of the guys that was not too found of Tortage. I loved the game after Tortage and have been here for almost 4 years now. The only bad thing about the game is boring boring Tortage, and every time I want to make a new character I have to run through that same old same old again. I am sure some people must feel it the same way.. Or perhaps a whole bunch of people feel it like this. So here is the thing, I am sure if this thread get like 5000 people saying that Tortage as the only starter area basically is one of the primary reasons for not picking up the game again they would do something about it.

So lets do this. Lets do the poll and overwhelm them with, "We need a second starter area!!". For those knowing the lore which area would you suggest as new starting area. My favourite would be Kush or Shem... The lore from Amra and Belit. <3

I'm sorry but the only thing that kept people going in this game was Tortage. It was the only thing that was worth while when the game was released. Because after Tortage there was nothing but a grind fest of empty zones to the end. So to take tortage out of the picture is to take the best aspect of the game out or at least that's how I think of it.

However, I don't know how much more content they've filled in between the vast gaps of content during the release so I can't give a final ruling on whether Tortage needs to be taken out.

I think you and a a bunch of other people are so wrong. Me and a large portion of the other 50 000 AoC players love post-Tortage. Tortage was this handholding slow and overinstanced boring place where someone apparently got the idea that voice acting = great MMO. Post level 25 or 27ish is the real gold of the AoC universe. I say lets give people more ways into that content. Keep Tortage on the side there but lets get in a couple of other starter zones with possible questlines from there. I will take some work and money yes. But if Funcom knew they could make money of this (as in players would be positive about this), I am sure they would go for it. 

The Ultimate Breakdown

DaSpack

Novice Member

OP  3/20/13 2:28:07 PM#62
Well.. If all have been said then I think it more or less look like about 25% want new starter zones, while 75% don't (this of the people that answered the poll and did not just look at the poll results). Conclusion I guess should perhaps be that FUNCOM should not add more starter zones.. :( not a happy panda... because I think that would have made a major difference.

The Ultimate Breakdown

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search