Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Hearthstone | Camelot Unchained

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,848 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,403
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Why is AoC's population growing NOW? (18 Feb 2013)

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
78 posts found
  DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/28/13 2:54:47 PM#41
Originally posted by drbaltazar
Tsw adopted gw2 payment model.this probably brought lot of player and those probably checked fun on various title.

good one.. smart move from fun if that was intentional.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Torvaldr

Elite Member

3/01/13 2:08:36 AM#42
I checked the chart and I see that AA is still locked.  That's not very fun in my opinion.

Curse you AquaScum!

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  3/01/13 11:52:47 AM#43
Originally posted by Torvaldr
I checked the chart and I see that AA is still locked.  That's not very fun in my opinion.

If you don't.. I think you must have 0 Funcom points. Only way to get there is that you never ever have spent a single dime on them. The game get regular content patched in so why not support them if you want post level 80 content.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Nephaerius

Novice Member

3/01/13 11:55:24 AM#44
Nvm.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

Po_gg

Elite Member

3/01/13 4:27:45 PM#45
Originally posted by DaSpack

If you don't.. I think you must have 0 Funcom points. Only way to get there is that you never ever have spent a single dime on them. The game get regular content patched in so why not support them if you want post level 80 content.

There is some truth at Torvaldr, AA is sub only, it doesn't matter if you've "ever spent a single dime" or not. On my main acc I have the Rise of the Grindbringer expansion ( :) ) but I play with my other acc atm, so my main isn't subscribed. AA is locked on that. The boxes I already unlocked are slottable, but I cannot put xp or time to unlock new ones.

I don't think it's a big restriction, never liked AA much anyways :) and for the base Adventures in Hyboria you don't really need AA, default feat tree is just fine.

User Deleted
3/01/13 4:32:37 PM#46

Because there are a lot of people that aren't interested in what's currently out, or got burned by the GW2/SWtOR hype, and just want something free and easy to try for a while.  Unlike a lot of other MMO's, AoC still has decent graphics which immediately put it ahead of the line.

Unfortunately for the playerbase, I wouldn't expect any sort of population explosion to last very long.

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  3/01/13 4:56:34 PM#47
Originally posted by asmkm22

Because there are a lot of people that aren't interested in what's currently out, or got burned by the GW2/SWtOR hype, and just want something free and easy to try for a while.  Unlike a lot of other MMO's, AoC still has decent graphics which immediately put it ahead of the line.

Unfortunately for the playerbase, I wouldn't expect any sort of population explosion to last very long.

AoC have top graphics among all the latest MMO titles. AoC have Dx11, and characters in game have best motion captured animations. Characters have 218 moveable bones if I remember corectly. No other MMO are close even. TSW is like 1/2 of that GW2 also way behind... Lets just get that straight.

Talking about the AA points... You can play AoC for free with no restrictions for a very very very long time. AA points or not is no restriction. There are dungeons you would need them way past level 80 but that is into endgame anyways, so I guess at that point you could throw some dime FUNCOMs way.. Just to get the next content update out the door :)

FUNCOM need new starter area RIGHT NOW!!

Would you try out AoC again if a new starter area was added?

Yes
No
show me the result alrite!
(login to vote)

The Ultimate Breakdown

User Deleted
3/01/13 5:02:37 PM#48

AoC have top graphics among all the latest MMO titles. AoC have Dx11, and characters in game have best motion captured animations. Characters have 218 moveable bones if I remember corectly. No other MMO are close even. TSW is like 1/2 of that GW2 also way behind... Lets just get that straight.

Talking about the AA points... You can play AoC for free with no restrictions for a very very very long time. AA points or not is no restriction. There are dungeons you would need them way past level 80 but that is into endgame anyways, so I guess at that point you could throw some dime FUNCOMs way.. Just to get the next content update out the door :)

I don't remember the animations being all that special, but ok.

At any rate, did they get rid of the class restrictions for the F2P stuff?  Last time I tried it, you could only play a few classes.

Po_gg

Elite Member

3/01/13 5:08:36 PM#49

At any rate, did they get rid of the class restrictions for the F2P stuff?  Last time I tried it, you could only play a few classes.

4 classes were free, but that was before the revamp. They revamped the f2p model a couple months ago. I think that revamp started to bring in some new players in game, alongside with TSW and Dragon's Spine media appearances. And then steam pressed the "Turbo boost" button :)

User Deleted
3/01/13 5:13:11 PM#50
Originally posted by Po_gg

4 classes were free, but that was before the revamp. They revamped the f2p model a couple months ago. I think that revamp started to bring in some new players in game, alongside with TSW and Dragon's Spine media appearances. And then steam pressed the "Turbo boost" button :)

That very well may get me to try the game again.  Good to see they readjusted some things.

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  3/01/13 5:19:31 PM#51

They opened that up yes. So head over to that poll and vote up a new starter area for AoC.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Po_gg

Elite Member

3/01/13 5:19:52 PM#52

That very well may get me to try the game again.  Good to see they readjusted some things.

Not just some things http://www.ageofconan.com/playfree/

Basically you can play free the whole game up until Khitai, and you'll only miss a few raids, some inventory slots, and your gold will be limited to 10 G.

ignore_me

Apprentice Member

3/01/13 5:49:23 PM#53
Because the game has some old world features (complexity), but mixes it up with a somewhat action/tab hybrid. The gritty world doesn't hurt either.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

User Deleted
3/01/13 5:53:46 PM#54

OK, well I was about to go download the game and give it another try, but I can't seem to find the client download location.  There's a place for new accounts to be created, but I have an existing account.

If anyone from Funcom is reading this, you really need to make it more obvious how to actually download the game.  You just lost a potential subscriber before I even had a chance to get the game.

Slappy1

Novice Member

3/01/13 6:05:38 PM#55

Multiple reason's,

Steam

The attention that TSW is receiving spilling over into AoC

I believe they eased up on some of the ftp restriction's.

Add's up to a positive response :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Ortwig

Apprentice Member

3/01/13 6:13:32 PM#56

OK, well I was about to go download the game and give it another try, but I can't seem to find the client download location.  There's a place for new accounts to be created, but I have an existing account.

If anyone from Funcom is reading this, you really need to make it more obvious how to actually download the game.  You just lost a potential subscriber before I even had a chance to get the game.

The download link is inside your AoC account screen.  Just login and download.

Po_gg

Elite Member

3/01/13 6:27:07 PM#57
Originally posted by Ortwig

What Ortwig said. Log in to your account (https://register.ageofconan.com/account) and there will be a big download button :)

User Deleted
3/01/13 7:33:44 PM#58
Originally posted by Ortwig

What Ortwig said. Log in to your account (https://register.ageofconan.com/account) and there will be a big download button :)

There's no such button.  I did find it on Steam, however.  Kind of silly that they make no mention of that on their website.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

3/02/13 12:57:27 PM#59

There is some truth at Torvaldr, AA is sub only, it doesn't matter if you've "ever spent a single dime" or not. On my main acc I have the Rise of the Grindbringer expansion ( :) ) but I play with my other acc atm, so my main isn't subscribed. AA is locked on that. The boxes I already unlocked are slottable, but I cannot put xp or time to unlock new ones.

I don't think it's a big restriction, never liked AA much anyways :) and for the base Adventures in Hyboria you don't really need AA, default feat tree is just fine.

If I can unlock the AA permanently by subbing for a month then I might consider that.  I just don't like stuff I can never unlock without a sub.

I did sub to AoC for quite a while before they went free play.  I didn't like how they structured their free play model after the initial conversion.  I do still have some FC Points which I mostly spent on TSW and still have about 600 left.

Curse you AquaScum!

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  3/02/13 4:28:08 PM#60

If I can unlock the AA permanently by subbing for a month then I might consider that.  I just don't like stuff I can never unlock without a sub.

I did sub to AoC for quite a while before they went free play.  I didn't like how they structured their free play model after the initial conversion.  I do still have some FC Points which I mostly spent on TSW and still have about 600 left.

I see your point and I agree. Thats not what I ment.

What I ment to say is that some people are very vocal about not being able to play stuff into the game well after 250 hours of free gameplay.... We are only talking about a few bucks basically.. That can be somewhat provoking when you know the developer struggles and that the lack of support basically undermines any updates for the future... Hell, maybe even the future of the game.  But anyways, no hard feelings :) Enjoy my favorite game :) Look me up on wiccana.

The Ultimate Breakdown

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search