Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,491 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,539
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » [Mod Edit] AoC still dominates all other MMO's in Combat

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search
157 posts found
  DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/05/13 8:58:26 AM#121
Originally posted by Blackbrrd
Originally posted by Azrile

Combat was terrible, it was slow, sluggish and non-reactionary..   You pressed 5 keys, then looked at the screen and waited 3 seconds for the animations to happen.

Good luck with just pressing the 5 keys and then standing there. Your opponent can just sidestep your attacks and you won't hit a thing. Melee combat isn't tab-targeted and against skilled opponents that just circle around you (like in a first-person shooter) you will have a hard time hitting anything.

Your comment sounds like it comes from somebody that never tried PvP...

Azrile just never understood how to do AoC combat, and gets equaly pissed every time someone owns his *** :D

The Ultimate Breakdown

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

2/05/13 9:05:47 AM#122
If circle strafing is skilled combat, you can count me out. What a bunch of twitchy little kids. I love the AoC combat, but the comments about strafing being skill are hilariousy. The combat in this game is not hard, but it is good. Honestly there are plenty of other games out there that require more skill, they just don't look as nice as AoC.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

FromHell

Novice Member

2/05/13 1:36:03 PM#123

I find PvP pretty hard and it needs practice.. but the warzones are really fun, quite an epic feel with the music and all.. I like it.

Open world PvP is different, you never know what to expect either a group of gankers chases you and you need to run until you can stealth, or run into a city with guards, or face a noob who attacks you and then he is the one who dies a horrible death... and with luck you get a crate with stuff and PvP tokens, that is very fun and feels rewarding 

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/11/13 3:52:59 PM#124

Take a look on this anyways..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

What other MMO has this sort of viaolent high paced crazy shit for their players.. Noone. AoC definitely has it's place among the AAA MMO's

The Ultimate Breakdown

FromHell

Novice Member

2/12/13 5:07:17 AM#125
Originally posted by DaSpack

What other MMO has this sort of viaolent high paced crazy shit for their players.. Noone. AoC definitely has it's place among the AAA MMO's

ha ha fatalities rock. I wish TSW would get that too.. one can hope. But TSW is not as brutal hack ´n slash gorefest as AoC so, maybe not..

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

2/18/13 11:29:57 AM#126

O

T

the animations look sweet but looks like sluggish gameplay wth animations like that.

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/18/13 12:38:39 PM#127
Let me assure you... Those decapitations don't happen all the time, but when they do it gives you the most rewarding feel you can think of... No other game can match, the brutality and taunt factor of AoC. People go furious in PvP when you rip their head off and show them the finger after... heheheee....

The Ultimate Breakdown

User Deleted
2/18/13 12:46:31 PM#128

Meh fatalities were a fun gimmik at first but they soon became boring. The fact that the game jumps around before the fatality begins is what most of the game is like. Standing around as a high level character in tortage and doing quick fatalities just to watch all the smashing of skulls might be fun for some but not for all. This combined with their absolutely stupid sense of what stealth should be like is why I left the game long ago. Being seen in the middle of the night on a full moon thirty feet away by enemies 5-10 levels lower then me  in the middle of a jungle with no light sources around for miles was the limit.

The animations for everything were like that jumpy and bouncy like the Q snapped his fingers or something, horses running in for mount and dismount, I just didn't like that sortof animation.

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/18/13 12:53:22 PM#129
Originally posted by itgrowls

Meh fatalities were a fun gimmik at first but they soon became boring. The fact that the game jumps around before the fatality begins is what most of the game is like. Standing around as a high level character in tortage and doing quick fatalities just to watch all the smashing of skulls might be fun for some but not for all. This combined with their absolutely stupid sense of what stealth should be like is why I left the game long ago. Being seen in the middle of the night on a full moon thirty feet away by enemies 5-10 levels lower then me  in the middle of a jungle with no light sources around for miles was the limit.

The animations for everything were like that jumpy and bouncy like the Q snapped his fingers or something, horses running in for mount and dismount, I just didn't like that sortof animation.

Minecraft is better right?

The Ultimate Breakdown

david361107

Advanced Member

2/18/13 12:54:55 PM#130

Combat, thats a tough one because it's the "feel" that makes the combat not the combat animations. I will have to say that I've played a lot of MMO's and WoW to me had the best feel. When I cast a spell or "clicking" the spell went off and after a little time i knew what that spell would do, be it heal or dps. I knew if I cast one spell it would do so much or another would that less or more, just a great feel to combat. Animation wise not so great but I'll take that over me spinning around with flashy things. The feel of combat is so important and AoC did not have that. Click to cast something and it seems to lag to do what I want, it's like that in many mmo's today.

peace

Lascer

dimasok

Novice Member

2/18/13 12:55:56 PM#131
AoC is fun combat-wise but nowhere near as good and fluid as Tera, RaiderZ or Dragon Nexus
  DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/18/13 1:11:22 PM#132
Originally posted by dimasok
AoC is fun combat-wise but nowhere near as good and fluid as Tera, RaiderZ or Dragon Nexus

Perhaps back in the buggy days, but after TSW's engine upgrades and Dx11 got baked inn. AoC runs the highest quality MMO graphics available fluid and soft like butter.

What game is Dragon Nexus btw?

Do you have a guild in AoC? (join us in Wiccana.. awesome fun in a growing population)

The Ultimate Breakdown

dimasok

Novice Member

2/18/13 1:14:35 PM#133
Originally posted by dimasok

Perhaps back in the buggy days, but after TSW's engine upgrades and Dx11 got baked inn. AoC runs the highest quality MMO graphics available fluid and soft like butter.

What game is Dragon Nexus btw?

Do you have a guild in AoC? (join us in Wiccana.. awesome fun in a growing population)

I will check it out again after the TSW engine upgrades to see what changed. I don't think the combat would have changed though. DId you check out any of the games I mentioned? Just look up Dragon Nexus here, there is a review. Its sort of like VIndictus but for younger people.

And thanks for the invite. I'll definitely join in :)

Sovrath

Elite Member

2/18/13 1:15:53 PM#134

But that video isn't really about "how combat feels" and is more about how combat "looks".

You can take LOTRO combat (which I don't like) and tack on some fatality shots and it would still be LOTRO combat.

Personally I don't like AoC combat as I find myself watching the arrows as opposed to watching what is on screen.

edit: I will say their animations are beautiful.

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  2/27/13 6:29:32 AM#135
Originally posted by Sovrath

But that video isn't really about "how combat feels" and is more about how combat "looks".

You can take LOTRO combat (which I don't like) and tack on some fatality shots and it would still be LOTRO combat.

Personally I don't like AoC combat as I find myself watching the arrows as opposed to watching what is on screen.

edit: I will say their animations are beautiful.

Yes of course.. That vid is not about the combat.. It's just a vid from a german kid hacking head of lvl 10 people in Tortage.. But anyways you have to admit it's pretty cool.. gets your blood pumping :D

The Ultimate Breakdown

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  10/27/13 9:01:54 AM#136
  • Sorry guys.. just have to necro this old keeper of an thread... because I got my fanboyish feelings for AoC back once more. EU and US are now merged into 3 massive servers. Crom is frentic 24/7. Check it out and let the heads roll ;)

AoC dominates all !! (and again my favorite vid of the madness)

The Ultimate Breakdown

DocBrody

Advanced Member

10/27/13 10:32:48 AM#137
  • Sorry guys.. just have to necro this old keeper of an thread... because I got my fanboyish feelings for AoC back once more. EU and US are now merged into 3 massive servers. Crom is frentic 24/7. Check it out and let the heads roll ;)

yeah it´s strange , I always take breaks from playing the game for a months to three months, then come back and every time I´m blown away how kick ass the combat feels. Must be the fatalities or combos maybe, or the sound, I don´t know but it feels really good like an old hack ´n slash game. Combine this with the epic choral music and there you have the goose bumps.

Everyone who tries it you must play until AFTER Tortage this is where the world really opens up

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  10/29/13 9:24:26 PM#138
Originally posted by DocBrody

yeah it´s strange , I always take breaks from playing the game for a months to three months, then come back and every time I´m blown away how kick ass the combat feels. Must be the fatalities or combos maybe, or the sound, I don´t know but it feels really good like an old hack ´n slash game. Combine this with the epic choral music and there you have the goose bumps.

Everyone who tries it you must play until AFTER Tortage this is where the world really opens up

Agreed totally.. You can almost "feel" the momentum and impact of your weapon in AoC. Unmatched combat !!

The Ultimate Breakdown

DocBrody

Advanced Member

10/30/13 12:51:20 AM#139

Agreed totally.. You can almost "feel" the momentum and impact of your weapon in AoC. Unmatched combat !!

check this out, Henry X just made a new trailer, this guys AoC videos totally rock!!

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

OP  10/31/13 5:50:01 PM#140

check this out, Henry X just made a new trailer, this guys AoC videos totally rock!!

Where? You forgot the link..?!!?

The Ultimate Breakdown

8 Pages First « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » Search