Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,238 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,852
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » HOLY cow, Secrets of Dragon's Spine Trailer - this kicks *** !

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Po_gg

Elite Member

2/08/13 3:09:17 AM#21
Originally posted by h0urg1ass

I simply cannot promote the game as long as Craig Morrison is still the game director.  When they send him back to making single player games and hire someone who understands what PVP is, then I would consider promoting it.

I want someone at the helm who understands the original game vision and starts steering the ship back in that direction.

Well, I don't have a problem with that, since I don't give a **** about pvp :)  and I think the original vision is pretty much the same as the game is today - without the bugs of course.

Their aforementioned ship was on course all along, minus that short detour when they tried to listen the small but loud whining pvp'er group and botched most of the classes in the futile pursuit of the mystical and non-existing "Balance" :) ok, actually it wasn't a smiley period, I left AoC by that time for months... it's one thing when you have to re-learn your classes due to an expansion, or a huge game-changing update, and it's a total different thing when you have to do that multiple times because of a few forum-flooders.

On a side-note, among many things this is one what I love in TSW's system, there's also a constant whine about pvp, but FC couldn't botch the classes this time - since there are no classes ;)

h0urg1ass

Advanced Member

2/08/13 8:26:31 AM#22
Originally posted by Dreskest
I see you are one big misinformed troll. That innovative game designer you refer to is also the man who lied to players and company execs and released the game in an unfinished state claiming it was ready. Guess what ? I appreciate what that "incompetent schmuck" did for the game when he took over and at least he has managed to keep the game alive.

Your opinion.  Also, you're completely distorting the truth about the AoC launch.  He repeatedly told them the game wasn't ready and execs, being retards with ties who know nothing about gaming or gaming communities, told him to push it out unfinished and they could finish it later.  When that backlashed, they blamed it on him and promptly fired him for the current visionless schmuck.

About Dragon's Spine, of course it is not a full expansion. It was never meant to be. Craig clearly said it would be the next adventure pack like the Turan pack, which obviously you know nothing about. The new adventure packs will always contain less content than a regular expansion but they are priced accordingly. Turan pack was roughly $12.

After last summer survey, Craig said the adventure packs would be released in parts so that players wouldn't have to wait a long time to experience new content and furthermore, he said the packs would be free for subscribers, which is a reality now that the first Dragon's spine content is out.

Semantics.  "Full Expansion".  "Adventure Pack".  New content being added to a game is an expansion.  It expands the game.  True statement.  The last two expansions did not offer even a tiny fraction of what RoTG offered.  True Statement.  Therefore my opinion that this expansion is not a "full expansion" can only be argued semantically.  Otherwise I'm absolutely correct.

My point that they should have continued heavy development and advertising of AoC instead of starting a new game has been vindicated by the relative unsuccess of TSW.  It flopped so hard they had to launch it twice.  Imagine where AoC would be with all those funds and advertising.

These shitty little adventure packs are just table scraps from TSW.  They're only parsing out just enough to keep the die hards subbed.

While it is true that FC is going through a restructuring process, what we know is that they're combining the different live teams into only one team to service all 3 MMOs. This is very different from your claim that they laid off everybody and hired a new team.

Also, other than the Beijing offices being closed this year, all other branches ( Oslo, Montreal, North Carolina) are still operational from the information that has been released.

Beijing was closed entirely.  Montreal gave their MMO developers an ultimatum; either move to Raleigh or we let you go.  Now montreal has nothing to do with MMO development.  Montreal is in the process of transitioning to making tablet and smartphone games.  So we're left with Raleigh and Oslo.  Not to mention, most articles I've read on this mention heavy layoffs in both Oslo and Raleigh.

Is FC going through hard times ? I'd definitely say yes, but they are still pumping out new content for AoC and TSW. Not sure about AO because I haven't logged in for a long time now. So your claim that we won't see content for years is just another troll statement.

Tell me when the crafting revamp is coming to AoC.  Hint:  It's not soon.  How do I know this?  Because every couple months I swing by the forums to see if they're unfucking their game.  What did I see when I swung by recently?  An official post that due to the restructuring, the crafting revamp, which has been in the works for years now, is indefinitely delayed.

No matter how you try to spin this restructuring.  No matter how many times you throw the word troll at me, this company is not going to produce the content that it was producing, which as I pointed out earlier is just table scraps anyways.

So there you go. Next time, try a little harder and at least  get informed a bit before trying to spread your nonsense, because as you can see, it is very easy to prove your posts have zero credibility.

I don't have to try harder.  Everything I said was spot on.  Apparently you wanted an entire essay on the exact details of their restructuring, which I can certainly provide because I've been keeping up with this story and hoping to see Craig get the axe.  Unfortunately they seem to think he's doing a great job with barely keeping one game above water and releasing a total flop.  Too bad the last GD didn't get that kind of leeway.

Sovrath

Elite Member

2/08/13 8:35:37 AM#23
Originally posted by Dantae87
i could never get off torage....was just toooo LONG of a grind to get off it...by the time i was lvl 20 i was STILL on tortage and bored as fuck....

How is that possible? Getting off the island doesn't take that long? And quite frankly, from what I have experienced, it seems like the best material in the game.

I have to say that I have bad luck with this game because whenever I see and grab a quest (this is off the island) it's always a delivery quest. And I finally did one where I told some woman that her husband had accidentally ported himself to another land and wouldn't be back for a while (she was standing at an oasis surrounded by her lovers) and then it didn't update when I took it in.

Too many bugs in this game.

deakon

Novice Member

2/08/13 8:45:11 AM#24

I had such high hopes for this game, was so very disappointed by it at launch

Did go back just before the first expansion pack dropped and it had became much better than it was, was my main mmo for a few months, doubt I will go back again tho

h0urg1ass

Advanced Member

2/08/13 9:29:51 AM#25
Originally posted by deakon

I had such high hopes for this game, was so very disappointed by it at launch

Did go back just before the first expansion pack dropped and it had became much better than it was, was my main mmo for a few months, doubt I will go back again tho

The game is worth playing if you're a PVE player.  The graphics are amazing and optimized for many different setups.  The classes are very well balanced for PVE.  The end game group content from the 6 mans in Khitai to the raids are all exceptional.  The gear progression is logical and the token system that you can use to pick up that last missing piece of gear or two works nicely.

If you're a PVP'er, however, then that aspect of the game is utter and complete garbage.  PVP moved from open world to minigames and Shrines of Bori.  Good luck at either of them as they're pretty much both run by fully geared players just looking to farm their stats up.

The current game director certainly knows his way around PVE.  Too bad they won't hire a separate GD who only works on the PVP side of the house.

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

2/08/13 9:34:39 AM#26
i could never get off torage....was just toooo LONG of a grind to get off it...by the time i was lvl 20 i was STILL on tortage and bored as fuck....

At launch the goal was to stay on Tortage as long as possible because the game went downhill from there lol. No idea about now, but I loved Tortage and couldn't stand the rest of the game :( 

DaSpack

Apprentice Member

2/18/13 12:51:31 PM#27
Originally posted by GrayGhost79

At launch the goal was to stay on Tortage as long as possible because the game went downhill from there lol. No idea about now, but I loved Tortage and couldn't stand the rest of the game :( 

This the same bull story that everyone that have not seen AoC since launch nag about. Tortage is the most boring part of the game, the remaing 99% of it is fcking awesome.

The Ultimate Breakdown

2 Pages « 1 2 Search