Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,118 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,079,085
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Rise, Age of Conan!!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
82 posts found
  LongLivePvP

Novice Member

2/04/13 1:06:03 AM#21

How is the PvP on Deathwish? Thinking to play again...never got past lvl 20 though hehe 

Playing:WildStar
Watching: ArcheAge,Origins of Malu,Camelot Unchained,EQNext
Avoiding: MMO's with tacked on PvP
Loved: UO,Shadowbane,EQ,DAoC,Asheron's Call(Darktide)

FromHell

Novice Member

2/04/13 3:04:05 AM#22
Originally posted by PvP4Life

How is the PvP on Deathwish? Thinking to play again...never got past lvl 20 though hehe 

haha got into it a week ago.. It´s pretty hardcore. If you want to do some questing, make allies, take some guild mates with you. Always stay aware, watch your backs. Store your precious stuff at the bank. Watch the open world PVP calendar ingame, there are some massive battles scheduled every day.

The normal PvP servers are also fun, at least you are safe when guards are around and there is no corpse looting. Playing on both Rage (Blood and Glory PvP, Deathwish for US) and Fury EU (regular PvP).

You can only have 1 character on Deathwish/Rage.

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

DaSpack

Novice Member

2/05/13 8:52:12 AM#23

I have one at Deathwish. It's painfull :)

Play most of the time on Wiccana.

love the game. Best thing is that they are working on the entire crafting and tradeskill system and give out a completely new system on this. It will further improve the game imensely if not change it even. When that happens with bells and whistles I think AoC finally can be resurected.

The Ultimate Breakdown

DaSpack

Novice Member

2/08/13 9:40:01 AM#24
oh.. also have one at Set.. Good population there these days.

The Ultimate Breakdown

FromHell

Novice Member

2/10/13 2:20:53 AM#25
Originally posted by DaSpack
oh.. also have one at Set.. Good population there these days.

I´m on Fury, very good pop too.

Very much looking forward to single server tech implementation, minigames would pop more often with cross server queuing..

The Return of ELITE !

DaSpack

Novice Member

2/13/13 11:30:09 AM#26
seems like more and more people join my favourite game again. love it. Wiccana is also happening.

The Ultimate Breakdown

rodingo

Elite Member

2/14/13 8:05:53 PM#27
They should make this one B2P as well.  This would be the one out of two games that I bought from Funcom (TSW is the other) that I would actually return too. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Caliburn101

Novice Member

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

2/15/13 4:16:43 AM#28
Originally posted by wormed
Originally posted by MMOGamer71
Yeah AoC is one of the hiddem gem MMO's, too bad more light isn't brought upon this game.

Blame Funcom for that one. :/

Such huge potential, such lacklustre realisation.

Honestly the only MMO I have ever played that I just LOVED, and it all ended in acrimony.

A real pity, with a decent crack of the whip and really just one or two overhauls (seiges) and some sensible reworks and tweaking (class balance) alongside a decent level of support (more than 10 people in a shed as it seems at times), Age of Conan would be the best MMO around PERIOD.

If they had taken a different PR approach to their poor launch and responded to problems promptly (some fundamental non-brainer issues literally took YEARS) and...

... not diverted all their damn resources to The Secret World, then Age of Conan could have been blockbuster-level successful.

Funcon's strategic managers need lining up and firing for dereliction of duty in my opinion...

Even so - they could STILL recover it - it looks so good, it has great combat, unmatched lore and IP punch, not to mention not having a single manga element anywhere in it.

Will they though?

Based on past performance, and common sense, the rueful answer has to be 'no'.

The best way forward would be if they sold it to another company - one with vision and resources. That sould see it reborn and given a relaunch worthy of it's potential.

I would LOVE to see that... because I have zero confidence in Funcom in this respect - they just don't know how to support a game the right way.

FromHell

Novice Member

2/15/13 4:33:26 AM#29
Originally posted by Caliburn101

Even so - they could STILL recover it - it looks so good, it has great combat, unmatched lore and IP punch, not to mention not having a single manga element anywhere in it.

Will they though?

The best way forward would be if they sold it to another company - one with vision and resources. That sould see it reborn and given a relaunch worthy of it's potential.

I would LOVE to see that... because I have zero confidence in Funcom in this respect - they just don't know how to support a game the right way.

Seriously, what´s to recover? The game is fantastic. It just needs a better marketing push, TSW´s single server tech and the crafting revamp. Then, continue with the regular adventure packs. Also it should really get on Steam.

I think the centralised thing was VERY good news, FC always seemed to scattered around the globe, with separated production teams. Now is the chance to refine their games with less financial pressure due to the central team, things need to settle down after the move so they can benefit from the new production pipeline.

The Return of ELITE !

DaSpack

Novice Member

4/16/13 9:24:36 PM#30
Originally posted by FromHell
Originally posted by Caliburn101

Will they though?

Seriously, what´s to recover? The game is fantastic. It just needs a better marketing push, TSW´s single server tech and the crafting revamp. Then, continue with the regular adventure packs. Also it should really get on Steam.

I think the centralised thing was VERY good news, FC always seemed to scattered around the globe, with separated production teams. Now is the chance to refine their games with less financial pressure due to the central team, things need to settle down after the move so they can benefit from the new production pipeline.

Agreed. AoC is heading a better way now when it can leech of the TSW budget :P

BTW, AoC grows every week now. People in all classes in all levels now on most servers. I think a new content pack pushed out can really take this old beuty up to the next population level :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

wormed

Advanced Member

4/16/13 9:26:16 PM#31
Based on what I read on the official forums, the PvP servers are absolutely dead. Which makes AoC very uninteresting. PvE servers are lame.
  DaSpack

Novice Member

4/17/13 12:52:10 AM#32
Originally posted by wormed
Based on what I read on the official forums, the PvP servers are absolutely dead. Which makes AoC very uninteresting. PvE servers are lame.

The Blood and Gory servers are less populated yes but Absolutely not dead. At least not any longer. I showed a recent video from a Siege on RAGE. That should pretty much verify my point.

The Ultimate Breakdown

Dren_Utogi

Advanced Member

4/17/13 1:14:22 AM#33
Glad to see people being in the forefront and flling the servers back up. AoC is not for people who must have the servers already populated so the can cherry pick their way through the content, AoC is for frontiersmen of PVP  ! :)
  chakalaka

Hard Core Member

The thing is... you're important to a lot of people.

4/21/13 11:09:02 PM#34
I'm getting excited about the chatter of increased population and a revamp in crafting?! Whoa that sounds cool and could change the whole game alongside the content releaSES MAKES me really wanna run this through. As I'm just now getting TONS of free time and want to dedicate myself to AoC again, just curious about one thing, SET and WICCANA are both pretty populated right so I couldn't go wrong with either ? OH and are any PvE, PvP, Casual/Progressive/Mature guilds recruiting? Thanks all see you in game! =)
  DaSpack

Novice Member

4/22/13 6:48:25 AM#35

Go with Set server and the Requiem Nex guild... They are pretty serious about what they are doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alf9lnF39jY

The Ultimate Breakdown

hanzo525

Novice Member

4/22/13 7:12:24 AM#36
Originally posted by DaSpack
seems like more and more people join my favourite game again. love it. Wiccana is also happening.

because i post here some nice pictures ;-)

DaSpack

Novice Member

4/25/13 1:11:39 PM#37
Originally posted by hanzo525

because i post here some nice pictures ;-)

Beutiful !

The Ultimate Breakdown

spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

4/25/13 1:21:41 PM#38
This is one game I always have installed on my HD. I go through phases of either loving it or hating it. The f2p model is now, after the recent upgrades one of the best out there, Tor should be ashamed of theirs in comparison. Really enjoying Rifts at the moment but I know one day soon I will have to roll a new assasin on Fury and get so angry I drop kick my computer out of a window as some spotty kid 20 years younger than me hands me my ass at pvp.........../shakes fist at spotty kids everywhere ;)

DaSpack

Novice Member

4/25/13 1:26:36 PM#39
Originally posted by spookydom
This is one game I always have installed on my HD. I go through phases of either loving it or hating it. The f2p model is now, after the recent upgrades one of the best out there, Tor should be ashamed of theirs in comparison. Really enjoying Rifts at the moment but I know one day soon I will have to roll a new assasin on Fury and get so angry I drop kick my computer out of a window as some spotty kid 20 years younger than me hands me my ass at pvp.........../shakes fist at spotty kids everywhere ;)

Exactly... There are no other game out there that can piss you more off than AoC... Being decapitated really puts you in the shit :)

The Ultimate Breakdown

Wakygreek

Spotlight Poster

Reason is a necessity

4/25/13 1:28:04 PM#40
Anyone know if the F2P version gives you access to all the classes? I was a founder and when I went back to play the F2P version they would only let me create like 3 classes. I want to play AOC again but I don't like that as a founder I can't play all the classes even on the F2P side. I mean EQ2 gives you access to 90% of the races and classes for free even if you never bought it.
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search