Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,482 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,062
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Banned for Refund (Hear me out)

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  Mange1

Hard Core Member

OP  1/23/13 2:53:34 PM#21
Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Just to chime in here at a positive experience I had with NCsoft regardiny Aion some time ago.  They refunded me a year's worth of game time for basically not realizing my old account was on recurring sub; did not log into that account either and they just put the money back on my card without any problems.

When it came to EA and Mythic when they made a mistake on my payment, they refused to refund it and it was a thing of back and forth for weeks until I just let the three days expire that will forfeit my claim out of disgust.

Here's hoping there are more honest companies in the future for our games.  Though this is all just my opinion.

Exactly, they may lose a little bit of money but in the long run you gain customer loyalty, which usually amounts to more money than you're grilling the customer over and good publicity.  I have nothing but good things to say about NCSoft also and I'd like to think I would receive more than a automated response after talking to them about a similar situation.

FromHell

Novice Member

1/23/13 6:31:17 PM#22
Originally posted by DrunkWolf
All i know is if you give funcom any kind of CC info your takeing a huge risk. i had to cancel a CC because they wouldnt let me delete the info from their site and every few months i would all of the sudden get a charge for a monthly sub even  though i hadnt played the game in 2 years.

That´s perhaps the third time I read this BS rumor. I know my account and when I change anything I need to click submit or confirm button so the account gets updated, people need to READ what is on the screen.

btw got years on and off FC subs, with CC; without CC, with paypal, CC again, and I never was too stupid to not click "confirm" when I edited my info.

How about next time you DOUBLE CHECK if your account infos updated correctly?

people these days, really.. 

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Vapors

Hard Core Member

1/23/13 6:35:00 PM#23
Maybe you want to play gw2 and say 3 times a bad word in global chat:). Then your 50 euros are useless.
  Mange1

Hard Core Member

OP  1/23/13 6:35:58 PM#24
Originally posted by FromHell
All i know is if you give funcom any kind of CC info your takeing a huge risk. i had to cancel a CC because they wouldnt let me delete the info from their site and every few months i would all of the sudden get a charge for a monthly sub even  though i hadnt played the game in 2 years.

That´s perhaps the third time I read this BS rumor. I know my account and when I change anything I need to click submit or confirm button so the account gets updated, people need to READ what is on the screen.

btw got years on and off FC subs, with CC; without CC, with paypal, CC again, and I never was too stupid to not click "confirm" when I edited my info.

You seem to be stupid enough to think Arenanet fails when they probably pulled in more money than Age of Conan's entire lifetime in a 3 month period.  Get off FCs nads Funcom sucks and has for a long while now.

Originally posted by Vapors
Maybe you want to play gw2 and say 3 times a bad word in global chat:). Then your 50 euros are useless.

I do play GW2, I just have enough self control to not get myself banned over cursing.  First time hearing of a perma ban for cussing though, seems like there'd be more to it.

niceguy3978

Elite Member

1/23/13 6:44:04 PM#25
Originally posted by hardicon

im not really a huge funcom supporter but basically your blaming a company for your own mistake.  unless this is your first mmo which you say it isnt, then anyone knows anytime you subscribe to a mmo that sub auto renews unless you cancel it.  whether they tell you this or not, it has been that way since ultima online days.  so you subbed to a game, didnt pay attention to cancel it, let it renew and wait two weeks and then do a chargeback on your card, which should be an abuse because this was not a fraudelent charge, it was  charge that you authorized in the payment preceding the disputed payment.  im sure it was on there somewhere, you just forgot to look for it in your excitement.  yet you blame funcom for this.  go try it with blizzard, or basically any other company, same thing will happen and no they wont renew your account at this point because you have shown to be a unreliable customer that pays for something, uses some of the time and forces the company to pay you back. 

this probably sounds harsh but that is the way it is, dont blame the company for this when it is the same policy every single online retailer in the world has.

Yeah, they use to even make you enter your recurring charge info for trials, at least DAOC did back in the first free trials.

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/23/13 7:18:56 PM#26
99.8% of subs are recurring. And AOC does inform you of that. You may have missed that part. But its a common thing. I always cancel right after I purchase time so I don't forget unless its a special deal they have.
  Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/23/13 7:20:56 PM#27
Originally posted by FromHell

this Never had a single issue either.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search