Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,643 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,230
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Itoero

Novice Member

OP  1/15/13 2:39:04 PM#1

Hi,

I have a question about the attacks of the HoX.

Are burn to death and pillar of infernal flames influenced by magic damage or combat rating?

Has anyone tested this?

Since they are combo's, I would think combat rating, but most people think otherwise.

Itoero

cippalippa

Novice Member

1/15/13 2:51:33 PM#2

Both...

Str/Combat Rating will boost your combo damage as Int/Magic Damage will boost the magical damage mostly derivating from the dot component of the combo and other spells.

What stats should I look for in armor and weapons?

Take a deep breath, this is the lowdown on what stats you need:

This can feel overwhelming at first, as the HoX is a hybrid class and thus has very wide requirements for stats. Here's a general breakdown of the important things:

Strength - Gives +armor and +combat rating. Important for boosting your melee capabilities. 
Combat Rating - increases your weapon DPS. 1 str = 3 combat rating, however str is slightly better as it also trickle-down increases some other stats.
Intelligence - gives +magic damage, +mana/regen, and +protection (which is basically armor rating but versus magic). Important for boosting your magic capabilities.
Magic Damage - (Duh!) Increases magic damage. 1 int = 0.6 magic damage. Like str vs CR, int is better, because its trickle-down affects other important skills as well.
Constitution - +8hp per point, extremely important. The more hp you can get, the better. I feel like this is especially important in pvp, where your survivability is a key factor in how you perform.
Other stats that are important are +hit rating (affects both hit percentage with magic, and melee. Very important!), +critical rating and +critical damage rating.

But i'm no longer playing AoC so i'd suggest going to the official forums, the community there will be surely helpful and satisfy your curiosities.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Itoero

Novice Member

OP  1/15/13 3:13:59 PM#3

Thanks for the info.

I'm also on the official fora, but there are different opinions on that subject.

Most attacks use stamina instead of mana, so is it usefull to look for gear with intelligence?

Or is it better to look for magic damage (fire) alone?

Zooce

Novice Member

1/15/13 3:24:16 PM#4
Originally posted by Itoero

Thanks for the info.

I'm also on the official fora, but there are different opinions on that subject.

Most attacks use stamina instead of mana, so is it usefull to look for gear with intelligence?

Use the epic items for reference as to what stats to look for while leveling up.  Far as I remember, Magic Damage (Fire) was preferred over intelligence.  

Shendoh of Ardent Fire
Cloth Armor - Legs

Not Tradable

446 Armor

+222 Combat Rating (2HE)

+49 Constitution

+20 Hit Rating

+48 Magic Damage (Fire)

+138 Mana

+4.5 Natural Mana Regen

+38 Strength 

cippalippa

Novice Member

1/17/13 7:05:26 AM#5
Originally posted by Itoero

Thanks for the info.

Well that probably depends upon your build, generally speaking Avatar builds are more combo dependant, while possession builds rely more on magical damage.

Anyway HoX revamp in on the way, keep an eye on TL Forums.

And if you miss an updated talent calculator, since YG is no longer mantained

-> http://joharaoc.eu/feat/