Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,869 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,862
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Class Discussion » Two good classes to duo with?

12 posts found
  meleemadness

Novice Member

OP  1/21/10 10:47:16 PM#1

I am looking for two good classes for pvp, it would be me and my son.

He really likes the grit of this game...my wife actually played too, she did the bear shaman and ToS thing.  

Anyway, she is not much for PvP but I am as is my son....so any info is greatly appreciated.

Sevenwind

Advanced Member

1/22/10 8:39:56 AM#2

Might try posting this in the AoC general discussion. Hardly anyone sees or checks these part of the forums.

I'd try to help but I don't do PVP, suck at it, so I stay away from it.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

crmznoutlw16

Novice Member

I argue with half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair.

1/22/10 8:43:23 AM#3

I'd personally go with ToS/Necro

Rahkus

Novice Member

1/22/10 8:57:40 AM#4

In the last patch, or recent patch the boosted the dps on the Sin.  I havn't played it since, but reading the AOC forums, its become a popular class on the PvP servers.   The Barbarian, Necro, and HoX have always been the class's the most people Twink on PvP servers.  That being said, Funcom has balenced the class's pretty well, so you should be able to roll whatever you like. 

Good Luck

haratu

Novice Member

1/23/10 12:20:24 AM#5

I recommend a Guardian crossed with a Tempest of Set. The Tempest has the dps and heals, and the Guardian has the defence.

Nakisisa

Novice Member

4/20/10 9:25:27 PM#6

A buddy of mine and I recently started playing again and we're running a Sin and HoX duo. It's not the most well rounded duo, but we do alright. Two clothies don't provide alot in the way of a tank...or a healer....or a ranged attack....actually, now that I say it all out loud, that's a horrible duo.

meleemadness

Novice Member

OP  11/02/10 3:59:04 PM#7

lol...

Anyway, we played a conq and bear shaman and then made a Demo and Hox and then she dropped the demo and picked up ToS and in the end I picked up a POM and we ran as a POM/ToS which could never be killed in pvp!

ANyway, with all the changes i was hoping Demo and HoX would have some nice fiery goodness.

Romp

Novice Member

12/13/12 3:00:27 AM#8

My personal pic would be Bear Shaman and a Barbarian...

It all boils back to the spec you make and how you both compliment each others.

I use to team up with my buddy on a Bear shaman, and myself barbarian and we would party around in open world pvp. I do have my necro and soldier friend who would tag along.

casters aren't really my fav, but TOS seems to kick arse all the time. not to forget the dps POMS... ohhh they are nasty.

Rangers?.. God! they are sneaky and sure pack a punch.

As for those sins out there... well... they are nasty only for the first few seconds... if you survive their burst dps, you can kill them on their cool downs.

Barbs= badass CC master + DPS

BearShaman=Best HOTs with nasty combos.

Po_gg

Elite Member

12/13/12 3:58:55 AM#9

I'm a shammy fan myself. The Barb/BS sounds fun and a good pace, but at some bosses the Barb will be too squishy. I duo'ed with demo sometimes, it's better since she can do dps from range... But my bet goes to Guard/BS, it was my best duo experience, a bit slow but those two can take the whole world without sweating :)

The Conq/BS is a good duo as well, if the conq knows his ropes around bosses.

Edit: oops, sorry. I missed the pvp part in the OP, my bad... forget the above, I don't know how would that work in pvp.

Romp

Novice Member

12/14/12 3:49:04 AM#10

Conq & BS combination are deadly.. they both are tough class to take down.

Personally I like Barb & BS together because of the lore of the two classes and the obscene amount of CC and CC breaks the barb dish out when speced right. BS on the other hands with the crazy HoTs and massive combos just make this combination of class a mind blowing experience.

Ranger & Ranger also is a deadly class to combine and is really fun in open pvp

Nonetheless, it all boils back down to player skills..

Combo cancelling FTW!!! :P

neorandom

Novice Member

12/14/12 3:58:30 AM#11
ranger ranger.  srsly, no one can get shot in the heart that many times from range, and live.
  Romp

Novice Member

12/17/12 10:25:01 AM#12

Yeah... ranger ranger... seriously... pain in the butt for open pvp.