Trending Games | ArcheAge | Neverwinter | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,822,583 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,217,116
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » F2P Changes, question please.

2 posts found
  a63ntorange

Novice Member

OP  12/15/12 9:18:04 AM#1
I bought the game on release day, quit after a month, because it was terrible.  I went back for the f2p and really enjoyed the game, however..... They had it setup so that you couldnt compete in anything pvpwise, with 100% of AA advancement and really the entire end game only available to people that subbed, even if you bought the expansion.. Is this still the case? Because I was hovering for the purchase button, and I do not want to pay monthly to have access to the entire point of the end game. The 2g thing and the char slots thing, meant nothing to me, as gold in the game has almost no value at all, the economy in a themepark game is more or less pointless, with no real item loss.   Thanks!
  Po_gg

Elite Member

12/16/12 7:25:00 AM#2

Yep, Conan's original f2p pushed players hard toward subscription, especially in the higher level range. The changes didn't altered this, only (I mean 'only' in brackets, 'cos I think the changes are good) making it easier to play through the game free.

So if you want endgame, moreso competitive pvp endgame (why would anyone want that in an awesome pve game? :)  ) it's still needs a payment, and it's still cheaper to subscribe. No change in that part of the f2p model.