Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Hearthstone | Skyforge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,672 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,192
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Well, that was disappointing

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  bcbully

Elite Member

10/17/12 1:03:22 AM#21
damn you got a year in on it? I just downlaoded it today.
  paul43

Novice Member

10/17/12 2:05:47 PM#22
There is a quest you can do at lvl 16 down at the docks very close to the white sands island, look behind a building and you should find a note, that will take you to a smuggler and get you off tortage.
  Stryx74

Novice Member

10/28/12 11:30:16 AM#23
Originally posted by silverseed71
Originally posted by Sevenwind

No that I have everything sorted out, how do you get out of the beginner stuff and actually get into the game?

Have to beat the guy on the boat. You need to do all the story quests. You'll end up leaving around level 20. 

Well, that sucks.

This always confuses me. What do you mean get out of the "beginner stuff" and get into "the game"? The "beginner stuff" IS the game. Tortage is filled with quests, dialog, stories and leveling, do you think that is going to somehow change once you leave? What don't you like about Tortage that you have to leave as soon as possible? Will you hate hearing all the quest dialog while you level? Do you hate pve content and wish you could skip all questing? Are you pvp only and wish you could be max level with all your abilties at once? That at least I can understand for some folks who mainly enjoy pvp. I dont know, I just don't get people wanting to race through an MMO's content as if it wasnt even part of the game but some kind of chore you have to overcome to get to some endgame that's supposed to start the real game.

User Deleted
11/16/12 5:32:14 PM#24
Originally posted by Stryx74
Originally posted by Sevenwind

No that I have everything sorted out, how do you get out of the beginner stuff and actually get into the game?

Have to beat the guy on the boat. You need to do all the story quests. You'll end up leaving around level 20. 

Well, that sucks.

This always confuses me. What do you mean get out of the "beginner stuff" and get into "the game"? The "beginner stuff" IS the game. Tortage is filled with quests, dialog, stories and leveling, do you think that is going to somehow change once you leave? What don't you like about Tortage that you have to leave as soon as possible? Will you hate hearing all the quest dialog while you level? Do you hate pve content and wish you could skip all questing? Are you pvp only and wish you could be max level with all your abilties at once? That at least I can understand for some folks who mainly enjoy pvp. I dont know, I just don't get people wanting to race through an MMO's content as if it wasnt even part of the game but some kind of chore you have to overcome to get to some endgame that's supposed to start the real game.

Well unless something changed you can leave tortage anytime you want.

A lot of people LOVED tortage, i hated it, felt confined ect.

Youll want to get your blue items and get to around 20 then leave, there use to be some great items if you cleared the main stuff...which makes 20-30ish much easier...its up to you

Played this game a long time ago, actually loved it for the awesome combat, however i hear they dumbed down the combo attacks....guess the nature of all games is to dumb them down.

Endgame pve was surprisingly good too if i can recall.  Worst part of the game was crafting, though i only participated in farming leather to sell i only craft in full loot games.

IMO this was one of the most overly hype with hate games of the last 5 years.  Yeah it was shit at launch, about a year and a half later it was a solid game with more obsessive trolls than fans...in fact i only played this game back after it was fixed to see how terrible it was and stayed for almost two years and enjoyed the hell out of the game.  Come to think of it, every games ive enjoyed for longer than 2 months ive only played due to the overwhelming hate on this forum for the game.  Games that get rave reviews i grow bored in a month....

Goes to show you sometimes its better to try the games everyone on this site hates...and to avoid the ones everyones raving about.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search