Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,567 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,334
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » General Discussion » Does anyone like this game anymore?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  rdrakken

Apprentice Member

8/05/12 10:23:47 PM#21

Typical Funcom game. Amazing potential, never reaches it. Fun, to a point.

And it will never regain population because, being Funcom, they decided to go paytrap instead of actual F2P...paytraps never regain bring in a lot of players for anything but a very short amount of time.

Vapors

Apprentice Member

8/05/12 10:23:57 PM#22
Originally posted by jusomdude
I can't stand the combat system. I might play it if it was better.

If it was any better?:D Its unique hard and dynamic, I never understood people hating it. xD

Dren_Utogi

Novice Member

8/05/12 10:32:46 PM#23

its great for new players, but for most who played since launch, it is not so fun.  A lot of people, maybe 5k who stuck with it, but the lack of content and poor patching in the first year was its demise for alarge portion of players.

If you are just now coming intio the game fresh, you will enjoy it.

I'm personally about to call it money wasted and delete the game off my hard drive since I highly doubt I will spend any more money towards any of funcoms titles. Guess you can say they lost a huge fan because of AoC.

reviews are !@#$ing stupid. Play what you love.

Thorqemada

Hard Core Member

8/14/12 11:20:54 PM#24

It was fun for a time, ok for a time and now its going nowhere but struggles staying afloat.
The playerbase is thinned out, they have not the manpower to reinvent AoC and if they had nobody would care about it, also all friends have left it and there is null reason to go back.
And in the current market its not even an option to develop AoC 2 and use their wonderfull assets and everything to bulld an Elephant with 4 legs instead of 1.

Its one more MMO that never had realized its full potential and hurt itself from a bad start to never recover.

But a real AoC 2 in a real Conan world with sort of a SWG approach aka having a big world to travel, a working economy and crafting, housing, also slavery, erotic, good combat, cool classes/skills, not raid depending, that could be very cool but i really do not see it happen ever.

Archeage or WoD will maybe become good world mmos...time will tell...i dont believe that TESO will be the reinvention of world mmos.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
The Very Model of a Modern Major General (Grievous): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiQw7kPqf8

Tyrranosaur

Apprentice Member

8/20/12 4:08:30 PM#25
Originally posted by Vapors
Originally posted by jusomdude
I can't stand the combat system. I might play it if it was better.

If it was any better?:D Its unique hard and dynamic, I never understood people hating it. xD

I think it's because the way combo chains works in AoC feels a lot like QTE (quick time vents) in other games. A lot of people are not dextrous enough to keep track of the attack chains. I forget offhand if AoC has macros, but it needs them if it doesn't.

Also, for a game with so many attack combos, it doesn't really give you an optimal hotbar area....I have learned to manage, but every time I leave for a few months and then come back, I have to go through the re-familiarization experience all over again.

Other than that, I do think that AoC's combat is more dynamic and interesting than most other MMOs out there, but it doesn't surprise me at all that many people are turned off of it. I can't help but notice that the way AoC's successor The Secret World works, it's carefully eschewed the clustered-buttons problem of AoC, and also is more intuitive when it comes to advertising combo chains (which it has, but it is so smooth that you don't even realize they're basically the same deal as in AoC).

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

Oberholzer

Apprentice Member

8/20/12 4:20:17 PM#26
Originally posted by Elphyi

Well im actually really liking this game.

but everywhere i read ppl are just dissing and putting the game down.

so does anyone like this game anymore?

Did try it. Never liked it, does that count?

Mentat

Novice Member

8/28/12 10:41:01 AM#27
I felt completely ripped off by this game - still believe funcom owes me 50 bucks for releasing such unfinished unpolished junk. No offense to anyone who likes the game currently - just when a gaming company sells me a game it better bring me 50 bucks worth of enjoyment - not 0 bucks worth...
2 Pages « 1 2 Search