Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,837 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,734
Funcom | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/20/08)  | Pub:Eidos Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Age of Conan Forum » Class Discussion » The Dark Templar

17 posts found
  ArzhAngel

Novice Member

OP  7/02/08 10:07:27 AM#1

I love this "class" not only in this game, but in any other game were its shadow apperest.
Like the:
Reaver, ShadowKnights, Dark Templars, BlackKnights and so on.

But The Dark Templar in AOC, still needs to be fixd, both the feats system and the abilitys em selv. First the damge are so low that they have a hard time soloing, 2end, there dark abilitys are so weak that they more or less dont have any function.

Allso.. Funcom, need to give the players a free respec anytime the make a fix to one of this feats tree, now that the dark templar are build in away were if you lose x points in one feat, and are building up a other, you allso become "alot more" weakend. if you dont have all your feats to spend.

Beside this, comperet to the world of AOC and this other classes, and now that its said in the storyline that the DT are a follower of the Necromancer, they need to appere alot more "Darkness" then they do.

User Deleted
7/02/08 10:10:31 AM#2

While I haven't played a DT myself, I do see alot of dissatisfaction from DT players on the AoC forums.  Hopefully they will give the class a little love soon.

I have played with DTs before, and they are definitely a cool class.

ArzhAngel

Novice Member

OP  7/02/08 10:17:54 AM#3

I to love my Class. And yes i allso hope for some love soon.

Toxilium

Novice Member

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

7/06/08 11:58:03 PM#4

**Looking at Funcom, crying with gun to head**

Next patch, PLEASE?!

Umbral

Novice Member

7/07/08 12:07:18 AM#5

DarkTemplars will get some upgrades in the next patch ( wednesday ).

But remember even in Everquest 2 , ShadowKnights were not for everybody, this kind of class always was a bit hard to master, but when well played is always impressive.

Anyway, lets wait and see what happens after the patch.

Talemire

Novice Member

Jesus is Lord.

12/07/08 9:02:43 PM#6

I played one, but saw absolutely nothing besides lifetaps that set this class apart from the other thanks. Why is FC going to make a hybrid class... especially one called the Dark Templar with absolutely NO direct damage spells or direct - cast DoTs. Nothing... The only "magic" the DT has, is buffs.

Honestly, it's getting annoying and abscent-minded. People whine about the DT not putting out enough damage - it's not because of their lack of melee prowess, it's the fact that they dont have ANY arsenal of damage spells whatsoever.

------------------------------
MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.

stamgren

Novice Member

fomportal.com

12/28/08 8:50:41 AM#7

Sounds really cool! I might choose them.

fomportal.com

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

12/28/08 9:09:39 AM#8
Originally posted by ArzhAngel

I love this "class" not only in this game, but in any other game were its shadow apperest.
Like the:
Reaver, ShadowKnights, Dark Templars, BlackKnights and so on.

But The Dark Templar in AOC, still needs to be fixd, both the feats system and the abilitys em selv. First the damge are so low that they have a hard time soloing, 2end, there dark abilitys are so weak that they more or less dont have any function.

Allso.. Funcom, need to give the players a free respec anytime the make a fix to one of this feats tree, now that the dark templar are build in away were if you lose x points in one feat, and are building up a other, you allso become "alot more" weakend. if you dont have all your feats to spend.

Beside this, comperet to the world of AOC and this other classes, and now that its said in the storyline that the DT are a follower of the Necromancer, they need to appere alot more "Darkness" then they do.

well haha ,your post is misleading,you say you love it ,but in reality you do not.I think you are in reality in love with the name of the class.I also have a dark TEmplar and totally agree,he is quite weak.How do i know as a noob in AOC?easily i also made a RANGER,and he can not only stand up close and melee much better,but he also get a bonus ranged attacked,and some binding/traps.There was no comparing the two early in the game anyhow,the Ranger was MUCH better.

I think also the reason is that the DT in AOC is more or less suppose to be a tank,heck they have some tanking stuff added onto their abilities and also get taunt skills.IDK looking at the way the game is done i guess all classes eventually get all skills but i am not sure as of now.An yhow Tanks in ALL games tend to be low on damage as their main function is to control hate,at my level i do not see enough hate control tools to benefit a party setup,and their soloing ability as you mentioned is weak.

The game lacks depth for the tanking role as a tank has nothing in place at my level anyhow to take hate away from a puller.The obvious solution?have me pull,then the subtle hate additions could help keep the hate long enough[guessing]but i do not have any pulling mechanisms either [lol]i think ranged is like level 50.So if they meany for a DT to tank in grouping environment,exactly how did they figure i would do it?Have me run in and BODY pull?lol pretty one dimensional tactics and not always do able or wise.The way AOC sets up it's environment i don't see a lot of ability to setup a CAMP and use a puller to draw back the targets as most targets are bound to 3 or more mobs at once and most paths are blocked by a steady flow of mobs.Perhaps there is better areas once i get off of Tortage for actual gouping even still i do not see the DArk Templar as a very useful class.

I find it VERY hard t ostay interested in playing a DT,especially since it does not look like any proper groups will ever be played,it is pretty much soloing or join up with the odd passerby.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

redhands123

Novice Member

2/07/09 4:56:19 AM#9

Yeah when I used to play AOC, I played a DT, and although it was fun I didn't do enough damage to make myself viable in PVP, add that to the fact that they get almost NO CC which is just fucking rediculous and the one CC ability they do get can be interrupted while casting wtf is that shit? I heard that Funcom actually NERFED the DT and that the DT have not received a buff in forever. Its pretty fucking GRRRR, how they continously fix and nerf classes and yet its as if they dont give a shit about the DT!!! But anyways its pretty sad that my DT was more viable when I specced most of my points in the soldier tree.  Oh and one last thing

WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT IN HAVING A MANA TAP IN ONE TREE AND A MANA SHIELD IN THE OTHER WHEN YOU HAVE NOTHING OTHER THAN THE SHIELD TO USE THE MANA FOR!!!!!!!

I am done.

Loke666

Hard Core Member

2/14/09 4:40:51 AM#10

*Hmpf* Try a conquerror instead and see how good the DT is in comparision.

Some of the best tanks I played with are DTs, but I can see that it is not the best class in PvP.

It is still better by far than Conq, it got a lot of it's features cut during the beta and never got rebalanced. Guardian is of course the usual favorite tank but people who can play a DT good can tank my group any time.

someguy2009

Apprentice Member

4/20/09 6:57:05 AM#11
Originally posted by Loke666

*Hmpf* Try a conquerror instead and see how good the DT is in comparision.

Some of the best tanks I played with are DTs, but I can see that it is not the best class in PvP.

It is still better by far than Conq, it got a lot of it's features cut during the beta and never got rebalanced. Guardian is of course the usual favorite tank but people who can play a DT good can tank my group any time.

i guess the point is, if u play a DT, u really are not that much interested in playing the tank, i f u were u would play a Guardian or some such pure melee tank class, DT is a weak melee with some "magic" skills that is just too weak to do shit. If u specc for tank, the soldier feats get a lot of your feat points, and then you would not be even half a good a tank as guardians are, so what is the point of this class?? i have no idea

I have played dark knights in a number of games, the AoC implementation is by far the most stupid and pointless

Pity

Jdickinson

Novice Member

[url=http://www.enjin.com][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/89d27c6c47929d3b.png[/img][/url]

8/21/10 11:55:18 AM#12

Well I play as a DT and tank alot.Me and another DT have been doing the 6 man runs in khita alot lately and we have been a killer team.Alot dose depend on how you have your feats and the gear does help too.I have gone on many raids and with my current set up I can take more of a beating than most other tanks .

ZigZags

Novice Member

10/01/12 4:06:32 AM#13
I played a DT to cap in the first 6 months of the game and hated it. I hated that I had to use my pet to tank. I hated that we didnt get to wear the heaviest armors and that our abilities were crap in pvp. I quit.

Now: Skyrim
Later: ?
Played: M59, UO, EQ, Runescape, DAOC, SB, EQ2, WoW, EVE, Darkfall, AoC, FFXI, FFXIV, WAR, SWTOR
BOYCOTTING: EA/BioWare/Origin/SOE

Borluc

Advanced Member

3/08/13 1:33:08 PM#14
Originally posted by ZigZags
I played a DT to cap in the first 6 months of the game and hated it. I hated that I had to use my pet to tank. I hated that we didnt get to wear the heaviest armors and that our abilities were crap in pvp. I quit.

You know that they CAN use the heaviest armor now right?  Things might have changed.  I'm going to give the game another shot on the new hardcore server.

Lleveron

Novice Member

7/11/13 3:07:56 PM#15

I played as a DT and found it pretty fun.I only got up to 40 but quit to play a HoX with my friend,If you want damage then get a talisman and you'll see the numbers fly.Also they do stand a chance against conqs so long as they know what they are doing.Even so it is a bit difficult to take down a knowledgeable conq.

So far I like the HoX class just because of the fact that I wield a two handed weapon and can incinerate my enemies.They do decently in pvp so long as they aren't being used by an idiot. ^_^ 

Quazal.A

Apprentice Member

7/11/13 4:22:14 PM#16

I love my DT - But then again i play most of my games solo'ish' mainly in pugs, but again i can tank better than most average players of other classes, damage at BEST is moderate, not poor, but moderate.

I woudl say if its damage then HoX was the one, but its the obligitary glass canon imo, kill and die in the ball of flame it likes to be

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game :) were of course your welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Emboror

Apprentice Member

8/08/13 3:00:34 AM#17
Originally posted by Quazal.A

I love my DT - But then again i play most of my games solo'ish' mainly in pugs, but again i can tank better than most average players of other classes, damage at BEST is moderate, not poor, but moderate.

I woudl say if its damage then HoX was the one, but its the obligitary glass canon imo, kill and die in the ball of flame it likes to be

Well HoX is the most outdated class in  Age of Conan at the moment unfortunately. It has huge amount of feats that dont work and overall the combos are too long and surviveability poor. However it does not mean that its not fun to play although its a great challenge in PVP. HoX damage aint that great anymore as such as DT´s they have too much protection so HoX fire dmg is more like a tickle than damage.

I hope in some distant future FunCom takes a look of HoX and few other classes and improve/update the things that are not just working atm. Unfortunately the dev team is very limited nowadays so my wished might be just a dream not comming true.

About DT... i dont know how you are playing your DT but correctly played with right spec DT  does alot of dmg and Void of Madness.. pff that is just OP.