Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,046 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,523
Gravity Interactive | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/01/05)  | Pub:Gravity Interactive
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | ESRB:E10+Out of date info? Let us know!

ROSE Online Forum » General Discussion » Is this a typical grind game?

17 posts found
  fatenabu1

Novice Member

Joined: 10/12/06
Posts: 381

 
OP  7/31/08 1:26:22 PM#1

Hello,

   I am looking for a free to play game that isn't all grind. I like to play different MMOs at a time just because I sort of have ADD. Right now I am playing Requiem for my serious MMO, and btw it is an awesome MMO, very graphic and gory but quite fun. I am looking for a lighter MMO to play so to speak one that is fun but not quite as grown up as Requiem. Anyways I just found out Rose Online went F2P, with that said how is the game play etc.

  It looks like a fun game but I was just wondering if it has any unique features.  The graphics remind me of Flyff which I played for a good couple of years off and on until they changed the skill system and I got board with all of the grind, I switched to Perfect World for a while but the lag from the server being half away around the world got old and the grind once again go kill this type of monster etc... annoyed me. Is Rose like that all the time?

 

Thanks,

 

Dustin

  Alundre

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/24/07
Posts: 116

7/31/08 1:29:28 PM#2

I can't answer what Rose is like too terribly far into the game but the first few levels actually have quests. I would assume that it does turn into a grind game, however, as there are like 250 levels or something ridiculous. If you are looking for a bit better non-grindy F2P game, I would recommend getting into the Perfect World International beta (start in just a few weeks...grab a key from the MMORPG homepage) which will have US based servers. You should also check out Runes of Magic which goes into beta in September I think which is supposed to have 600+ quests at launch. Hope it helps!

  fatenabu1

Novice Member

Joined: 10/12/06
Posts: 381

 
OP  7/31/08 9:50:11 PM#3

Hello,

  As I got farther into PW Malyasia it turned out mostly into being just grind... Kill this number of monster, or go fly here and then fly here and then kill this number of monster for this person.. get what i am saying.. I am signing up for runes of magic though..

 

Thanks,

 

Dustin

  Nidralux

Novice Member

Joined: 6/03/07
Posts: 2

8/02/08 1:30:48 AM#4

i am looking for a good game too but i dun like the tipical mmorpg cause in pvp u just clic the target and press 1 2 3 4..... i whant a manual battle system i am w8ing for spellborn but that could take a wile till it's out, and rakion laggs a lot

  masterbrood

Novice Member

Joined: 12/15/04
Posts: 62

8/04/08 4:59:09 PM#5

TcoS looks horrible, the combat looks glitchy, slow and akward as hell

-The only sure thing about the future is uncertainty

  awesomo

Novice Member

Joined: 3/19/05
Posts: 31

http://roseonlinegame.com/

8/05/08 1:37:28 AM#6

I like this game more than WoW. Enough said ?

awesom0o Xfire Miniprofile
  Trucidation

Novice Member

Joined: 5/05/04
Posts: 90

/i/nsurgent

9/09/08 9:05:17 PM#7

How's the PvP like in this ROSE Online?

I played Flyff and Perfect World too. I don't consider grinding a problem, but Flyff is getting a little stale after a couple years on-and-off. I dropped PW since after level 30 global pk just means server drama all over again when random noobs gank you for no reason. That's why I liked Flyff, you could explore the world without worrying about some asstard wiping you for no reason.

And nobody really answered how grindy Rose is. I don't really care if there are quests but I don't like it if there are too many like PW, nobody wants to party you at lower levels because "F U nub dun party me im questing"... fail game.

" In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

  ozzyx

Novice Member

Joined: 10/08/08
Posts: 9

10/08/08 9:19:24 AM#8
Originally posted by Nidralux

i am looking for a good game too but i dun like the tipical mmorpg cause in pvp u just clic the target and press 1 2 3 4..... i whant a manual battle system i am w8ing for spellborn but that could take a wile till it's out, and rakion laggs a lot

 

i hate to say... age of conan is like that... but i dun like age of conan.. seems to geeky for me haha

  ozzyx

Novice Member

Joined: 10/08/08
Posts: 9

10/08/08 9:22:12 AM#9
Originally posted by Trucidation

How's the PvP like in this ROSE Online?

I played Flyff and Perfect World too. I don't consider grinding a problem, but Flyff is getting a little stale after a couple years on-and-off. I dropped PW since after level 30 global pk just means server drama all over again when random noobs gank you for no reason. That's why I liked Flyff, you could explore the world without worrying about some asstard wiping you for no reason.

And nobody really answered how grindy Rose is. I don't really care if there are quests but I don't like it if there are too many like PW, nobody wants to party you at lower levels because "F U nub dun party me im questing"... fail game.

 

well... lol

 

they "balanced" the system but all they did was make clerics weaker meaning they cant solo for SHIT and now raiders cloak doesnt last as long... altho 18 seconds or whatever is more than enough time to run up to someone ( with your ridiculous speed.... 4x as fast as the next fastest char)  attack with ur CRAZY attack speed ( mine is 3x the speed of normal people... but i have all p7s that increase atk speed)

 

basicly... raider owns everything..... katar owns all... dual owns most....  only class that can beat knight is a dual raider... OR another knight..... they have way to much def... basicly.. its unbalanced and if u enjoy 1 little map for pvp then go ahead...

  SaintRegime

Novice Member

Joined: 7/29/08
Posts: 9

10/13/08 7:38:47 PM#10

in regard to grinding...dunno. at lvl 94 im still interested. normally im out of a game near lvl 50. i also might just be excited about 2nd job at lvl 100 so....dunno. there are quests for the questers and grinding for those who just dont care. i found that 60-70 went by almost too fast with an aoe party...

only grind if you have aoe...otherwize the game will kinda flop for you.

personally...i like the community...but its sorta declining imo. but overall i give the game an 8/10. worth a try at least.

  Apollo_X

Novice Member

Joined: 11/12/08
Posts: 6

11/12/08 5:34:12 PM#11

This game will only be a grind, if you make it a grind. The fun of any mmorpg should be in interacting with the community. If you do so, and team up with other players, it can be loads of fun.

  mmofunsbest

Novice Member

Joined: 4/21/10
Posts: 5

4/23/10 12:58:39 AM#12

Yes, i think so. But if u want to level up fast, www.mmofuns.com/topic1027.html may sullpy u important leveling guide.

  roughriderz

Novice Member

Joined: 9/08/05
Posts: 2

10/01/10 1:39:57 PM#13

Hey, Let me tell you how much i like this game. I been playing sense Beta. I am long time supporter of this game. Some of the Community is good some are bad. But this is how i like to play. I have 12+ 215 chars. I am in the clan Kyoudai which is one of the popular clans :D We don't really do much clan activies like others do. But what we usually like to do is pvp. We have union wars every other hour. 4 factions to choose from 2 Factions Vs 2 others. The game is still been constructed. Atm gravity released Orlo Part 1. Levels are boosted to 215 and soon to 220. We have everything like in the site says. Carts Castle Gears.Also there will be new Castle Gears comming out. Our gear maxes at 15. So u can refine till 15 have decent gear but for pvping or Union Waring its all about the players skills; how good can you control your toon. Now if you loose to some one who you see red powder comming out of him. He is potting thats what we call potters and you will more likley dislike them. I have no  respect to those. But those items they pot are bought in item mall so its good they put money in the game so it can stay running. Now as for lvling you can get to 215 in less than week. If you know where to lvl. Which the community doesnt care that lvling is to fast but some actually say that its to easy. Ill give you a tip on how to lvl ligit though. and thats Partying with people. I wouldnt recommend to fully trust anyone n pas them items. The game has a lot of money. what  i mean by that is mostly everyone is a millionaire or a billionaire. The game is easy once you get the hang of it. Quest are ok they will be getting better because my friend will be working for gravity and he will be fixing and making new quest and brining / putting new ideas into the game. There is also Farming which is like grining but once your lvl 215 its called farming :P or you can be any other lvl wih a nul exp where u dont get exp for killing mobs but you continue getting drops because they are at your level range. So recomendation for farming items, i would choose either Champ or Bourg for instant kills or a powerful mage.You can use the items to refine your gear or make shop n sell it. You can do buy and sell with 100mil and start getting a lil bit of zullie for yourself,you will need some knowledge of market for that though. Take note to travel to other worlds you need to do quests. I would always ask for help on what quest to quit after lvl 180 because that can cost you a few millions and a character that is useless. I have already posted some problems about that. idk i dont like how slow they r about fixing things. But other than that you will be spending maybe 20$ on Item Mall, if you will pvp or union war you willl more likely want to buy some passives for your toon choose wisely from Hawker,Dealer,Soldier,Muse because you dont want to spend Money. Economy is crazy at moment. Leonis is the oldest server, Draconis recently was created few months ago. I would recomment Draconis because its cheap but you wont find many things you want like in Leonis server. But if your create your Artisan 215 equip it and have a cleric 215 good int and your main toon all in different accounts you be fine. thats another tip. its Usefull to be able to triple client. lvling 2+ acc same time saves time. You will not really find many grinding though. But you can obtain buffs for free if u see a cleric and pop medals that last 30 minutes to a day which give you 2x more exp. If your party lvl is 10 you get 10% more exp party levle maxes at 50. Sometimes there is Happy hour which gives you double drop, double exp, or double zullie. Double Drop and Double exp is the best time to play so you can take advantage. Tip save your catalyst/powders and chimicals, dirties(hearts/crystals/etc) and gems. As soon as your cleric is lvl 100. and your bored or doing homework. Put him in Union war the one you think wins the most. I recomend to make more than 1 cleric  they get automatically 60 points from war. The gear in uw sell for good price. I do recomend you save the points till Orlo Part 2 and if cg comes out Start selling. Atm i think LEonis has the most UW. Draconis probably never has one for Insuficient PLayers. Now you play requiem which is the same company so you should know foroums are mostly down a lot. well good luck be carefull what clan you get in as well.

  MertzaSkertz

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/05/10
Posts: 156

10/24/10 12:34:59 PM#14
Originally posted by roughriderz

Hey, Let me tell you how much i like this game. I been playing sense Beta. I am long time supporter of this game. Some of the Community is good some are bad. But this is how i like to play. I have 12+ 215 chars. I am in the clan Kyoudai which is one of the popular clans :D We don't really do much clan activies like others do. But what we usually like to do is pvp. We have union wars every other hour. 4 factions to choose from 2 Factions Vs 2 others. The game is still been constructed. Atm gravity released Orlo Part 1. Levels are boosted to 215 and soon to 220. We have everything like in the site says. Carts Castle Gears.Also there will be new Castle Gears comming out. Our gear maxes at 15. So u can refine till 15 have decent gear but for pvping or Union Waring its all about the players skills; how good can you control your toon. Now if you loose to some one who you see red powder comming out of him. He is potting thats what we call potters and you will more likley dislike them. I have no  respect to those. But those items they pot are bought in item mall so its good they put money in the game so it can stay running. Now as for lvling you can get to 215 in less than week. If you know where to lvl. Which the community doesnt care that lvling is to fast but some actually say that its to easy. Ill give you a tip on how to lvl ligit though. and thats Partying with people. I wouldnt recommend to fully trust anyone n pas them items. The game has a lot of money. what  i mean by that is mostly everyone is a millionaire or a billionaire. The game is easy once you get the hang of it. Quest are ok they will be getting better because my friend will be working for gravity and he will be fixing and making new quest and brining / putting new ideas into the game. There is also Farming which is like grining but once your lvl 215 its called farming :P or you can be any other lvl wih a nul exp where u dont get exp for killing mobs but you continue getting drops because they are at your level range. So recomendation for farming items, i would choose either Champ or Bourg for instant kills or a powerful mage.You can use the items to refine your gear or make shop n sell it. You can do buy and sell with 100mil and start getting a lil bit of zullie for yourself,you will need some knowledge of market for that though. Take note to travel to other worlds you need to do quests. I would always ask for help on what quest to quit after lvl 180 because that can cost you a few millions and a character that is useless. I have already posted some problems about that. idk i dont like how slow they r about fixing things. But other than that you will be spending maybe 20$ on Item Mall, if you will pvp or union war you willl more likely want to buy some passives for your toon choose wisely from Hawker,Dealer,Soldier,Muse because you dont want to spend Money. Economy is crazy at moment. Leonis is the oldest server, Draconis recently was created few months ago. I would recomment Draconis because its cheap but you wont find many things you want like in Leonis server. But if your create your Artisan 215 equip it and have a cleric 215 good int and your main toon all in different accounts you be fine. thats another tip. its Usefull to be able to triple client. lvling 2+ acc same time saves time. You will not really find many grinding though. But you can obtain buffs for free if u see a cleric and pop medals that last 30 minutes to a day which give you 2x more exp. If your party lvl is 10 you get 10% more exp party levle maxes at 50. Sometimes there is Happy hour which gives you double drop, double exp, or double zullie. Double Drop and Double exp is the best time to play so you can take advantage. Tip save your catalyst/powders and chimicals, dirties(hearts/crystals/etc) and gems. As soon as your cleric is lvl 100. and your bored or doing homework. Put him in Union war the one you think wins the most. I recomend to make more than 1 cleric  they get automatically 60 points from war. The gear in uw sell for good price. I do recomend you save the points till Orlo Part 2 and if cg comes out Start selling. Atm i think LEonis has the most UW. Draconis probably never has one for Insuficient PLayers. Now you play requiem which is the same company so you should know foroums are mostly down a lot. well good luck be carefull what clan you get in as well.

That is extremely hard to read. Try paragraphs next time.

  T3mmy

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/09/11
Posts: 4

3/09/11 3:15:33 AM#15
Originally posted by MertzaSkertz
Originally posted by roughriderz

Hey, Let me tell you how much i like this game. I been playing sense Beta. I am long time supporter of this game. Some of the Community is good some are bad. But this is how i like to play. I have 12+ 215 chars. I am in the clan Kyoudai which is one of the popular clans :D We don't really do much clan activies like others do. But what we usually like to do is pvp. We have union wars every other hour. 4 factions to choose from 2 Factions Vs 2 others. The game is still been constructed. Atm gravity released Orlo Part 1. Levels are boosted to 215 and soon to 220. We have everything like in the site says. Carts Castle Gears.Also there will be new Castle Gears comming out. Our gear maxes at 15. So u can refine till 15 have decent gear but for pvping or Union Waring its all about the players skills; how good can you control your toon. Now if you loose to some one who you see red powder comming out of him. He is potting thats what we call potters and you will more likley dislike them. I have no  respect to those. But those items they pot are bought in item mall so its good they put money in the game so it can stay running. Now as for lvling you can get to 215 in less than week. If you know where to lvl. Which the community doesnt care that lvling is to fast but some actually say that its to easy. Ill give you a tip on how to lvl ligit though. and thats Partying with people. I wouldnt recommend to fully trust anyone n pas them items. The game has a lot of money. what  i mean by that is mostly everyone is a millionaire or a billionaire. The game is easy once you get the hang of it. Quest are ok they will be getting better because my friend will be working for gravity and he will be fixing and making new quest and brining / putting new ideas into the game. There is also Farming which is like grining but once your lvl 215 its called farming :P or you can be any other lvl wih a nul exp where u dont get exp for killing mobs but you continue getting drops because they are at your level range. So recomendation for farming items, i would choose either Champ or Bourg for instant kills or a powerful mage.You can use the items to refine your gear or make shop n sell it. You can do buy and sell with 100mil and start getting a lil bit of zullie for yourself,you will need some knowledge of market for that though. Take note to travel to other worlds you need to do quests. I would always ask for help on what quest to quit after lvl 180 because that can cost you a few millions and a character that is useless. I have already posted some problems about that. idk i dont like how slow they r about fixing things. But other than that you will be spending maybe 20$ on Item Mall, if you will pvp or union war you willl more likely want to buy some passives for your toon choose wisely from Hawker,Dealer,Soldier,Muse because you dont want to spend Money. Economy is crazy at moment. Leonis is the oldest server, Draconis recently was created few months ago. I would recomment Draconis because its cheap but you wont find many things you want like in Leonis server. But if your create your Artisan 215 equip it and have a cleric 215 good int and your main toon all in different accounts you be fine. thats another tip. its Usefull to be able to triple client. lvling 2+ acc same time saves time. You will not really find many grinding though. But you can obtain buffs for free if u see a cleric and pop medals that last 30 minutes to a day which give you 2x more exp. If your party lvl is 10 you get 10% more exp party levle maxes at 50. Sometimes there is Happy hour which gives you double drop, double exp, or double zullie. Double Drop and Double exp is the best time to play so you can take advantage. Tip save your catalyst/powders and chimicals, dirties(hearts/crystals/etc) and gems. As soon as your cleric is lvl 100. and your bored or doing homework. Put him in Union war the one you think wins the most. I recomend to make more than 1 cleric  they get automatically 60 points from war. The gear in uw sell for good price. I do recomend you save the points till Orlo Part 2 and if cg comes out Start selling. Atm i think LEonis has the most UW. Draconis probably never has one for Insuficient PLayers. Now you play requiem which is the same company so you should know foroums are mostly down a lot. well good luck be carefull what clan you get in as well.

That is extremely hard to read. Try paragraphs next time.


Holy... its very hard to read specialy for my eyes. you should proof read it first before posting it. just my 2c

  Nep12

Novice Member

Joined: 3/08/07
Posts: 1

3/30/11 10:58:38 PM#16

HOLY COW Lmao

George Grigolidze

  GreasyGhoul

Novice Member

Joined: 10/20/11
Posts: 13

10/20/11 1:45:43 AM#17

Yes. This is a Grindan Game.