Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,279 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,850
Turbine, Inc. | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/01/99)  | Pub:Turbine, Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

OP  8/08/12 7:36:17 AM#1

Actually playing the free trial requires you to input a Credit Card or a PayPal account.

Pollicies like this are just as old as the game itselves.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

DrunkWolf

Advanced Member

8/09/12 2:20:34 PM#2
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Actually playing the free trial requires you to input a Credit Card or a PayPal account.

Pollicies like this are just as old as the game itselves.

yeah it sucks that they did that, i know a few people who wanted to check the game out but didnt want to put their info in for just a free trial.

Zooce

Novice Member

8/09/12 2:24:09 PM#3
Visa debit gift card?
  lobes

Apprentice Member

8/09/12 3:25:41 PM#4
Originally posted by Zooce
Visa debit gift card?

I don't think its that they aren't able to use their credit card, I think the problem is that nowadays most games do not require a credit card to do a Trial, and AC still does.

Heck, you can play most new games (albiet limited) for free indefinitely with no CC needed. WoW has a free trial account (up to level 20) and SWtOR will have one this fall.

Only when its time to purchase or set up a recurring subscription is the CC required.