Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,709 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,072
Turbine, Inc. | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/01/99)  | Pub:Turbine, Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Asheron's Call Forum » The Tavern (General) » The Big February Update

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  User Deleted
3/16/12 2:22:31 AM#21

Why haven't I seen this game before??? This thread has really raised my interest and I will most likely DL and try it out today or tomorrow with the free trial.

Here is an interesting video series explaining the features of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQCpzY8Yis

EDIT: PvP questions: FFA, full loot, friendly fire?

DrunkWolf

Hard Core Member

3/16/12 11:30:43 PM#22
Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

Why haven't I seen this game before??? This thread has really raised my interest and I will most likely DL and try it out today or tomorrow with the free trial.

Here is an interesting video series explaining the features of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WQCpzY8Yis

on the Darktide server it is FFA, some items drop on death not all, no friendly fire unless you target them. but just because you have sombody targeted doesnt mean you hit them with spells you can dodge magic and arrows in this game.

SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

OP  3/19/12 1:32:09 PM#23
Originally posted by TROLL_HARD

That's actually a good question, how have you not heard of this game before? It is headed towards its 13th anniversary and has been around essentially as long as UO and EQ.

You do get to loot your kills in PvP. The Darktide server is the 100% PvP server so it sounds like that is where you want to go. You hit anyone you attack, so if you're in a group with other PvPers and target one of them and attack, well you'll hit them. With spells and cleaving weapons you might hit them if you're not careful so you really have to pay attention.

Players drop a few items each time they die and you can loot them all. With spells and arrows they do shoot the direction they were fired which means if a person moves out of the way, you miss. People do delay casts to confuse opponents on when their spell will be released to make it harder to dodge, there is a lot of skill to be learned on PvP.

It is definetly a game I recommend everyone to at least try for a week. If it isn't for you it isn't for you, but a lot of people would be amazed to see how fun it really is (and always has been).

SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

OP  3/19/12 6:57:11 PM#24
Originally posted by Rednecksith

This game, with an updated UI and graphics, would be about as close to the perfect MMO as you could get. Well, with the old magic system that is, not the one they have currently.

I am tempted to jump back in, but it's been a damn long time since I played...

They increased quest and monster XP a while back. They also added a few intro quests to get you around the town on a newbie followed by a "Facility Hub" which has portals directly to quests that will get you up to level 50. From there they have contracts which will help you get up to level 100. And then from that point there are plenty of options to continue the quick leveling.

The high levels take a decent amount of time but the low levels are very quick. Without any help from any other players you can easily be past level 50 in a weekend. Typically it isn't tough to find help from players either.

SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

OP  3/31/12 12:51:07 AM#25

Looks like Lugians (as a playable race) are almost ready.

They posted a couple pictures on facebook and listed them as coming soon in part of an e-mail today.

Can't wait to run around and throw a big boulder with one of those :).

Odysses

Novice Member

4/02/12 1:18:41 AM#26

Yeah me too!  I have been waiting to resub once they introduce them.  It's really nice to see Turbine really putting in a lot of effort to this game after all these years.

SnarlingWolf

Novice Member

OP  4/11/12 10:19:47 AM#27
Originally posted by Odysses

Yeah me too!  I have been waiting to resub once they introduce them.  It's really nice to see Turbine really putting in a lot of effort to this game after all these years.

They just put up the release notes. Lugians will be playable when they patch in a couple of days. Enjoy!
2 Pages « 1 2 Search