A new combat manager has recently been released to Horizons players. This combat manager allows players to enjoy much smoother combat. Here is a brief run-down of the update:
- No more "combat lag".
- Spells and abilities trigger instantly, interrupting any repeatable action.
- Spells and other ranged abilities will continuously retry until the target is in range.
- A new combat queue window has been created. This informs you which attack you are currently performing followed by the next attack in the queue.
- The names of spells and abilities will now appear over a player or monster's body when triggered.
- A bar will appear when casting a spell to inform players how much casting time is left prior the casting of a spell.
- Combat damage has been further randomized, providing frequent average damage with the occasional extremely high or low damaging attack.
Check out the official news article here (complete with screenshots): http://www.istaria.com/page.php?pg=news&mid=Improved%20Combat%20Manager