Horizons has released the patch notes to go with yesterday's fixes, features and optimizations. The list is an incredibly long one, so tuck in. We provide a sample of what's there. To get the rest, follow the link below!
The following fixes, features and optimizations have been made to the client on the live shards on March 7th, 2006:
- Removed Maximum Placeholder Characters from options window because it doesn't do anything.
- Changed fog calculation to increase number of object displayed as well as clarity of objects displayed - without impacting performance.
- Quests that are expanded in the Quest window will remain expanded as they progress.
- Character generation should no longer lock up when create character is clicked.
- Crash prevention for closing a window that has a tutorial arrow pointing at it.
- Allowed for multiple tutorials to be opened at the same time.
- Fixed an error in the bounds calculation of each Terrain Chunk. Chunks should now occlude more often and improve performance.
- Fixed default chat windows to correctly subscribe to the correct chat channels. The window on the left is all system and communication feedback. The window on the right is strictly for combat spam.
- Fix to prevent characters from showing up invisible.
- Monsters will now occlude.
- Attacks that do not inflict damage (such as Burn Armor) and target effects that have a percentage chance (such as Primal Vengeance) will properly show up in verbose (non-simple) combat feedback.
- Characters switch to low resolution models at > 30m and high resolution models at < 20m.
- Changed min fps for loading visible items to be 5fps.
- Improved login time for systems with low frame rate.
- The calculation for plot dimensions on the Plot Survey window will properly take rotation into account.
...Read the rest!
For more Horizons, click here.