Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,859,912 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,157
Artifact Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/08/03)  | Pub:Virtrium
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Forum » General Discussion » It may seem odd, but there has been alot of new interest in Istaria

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

2/23/10 3:11:40 PM#21

I'm glad to see that its making a come back. I was one of those poor damned souls who suffered for months and months through all of the various "issues" at launch. ^^  If I remember right I had a high 80's low 90's warrior type, with some cleric and mage abilities thrown in.  Interesting game(I was there and helped guard the builders as they created the first tunnels). Its always seemed to be one of the best crafting games I've seen so far. But the combat system was rather primitive and bug prone at the time.  Any way, to make a long story short I eventually left. I went back last december, but the graphics are so dated and the world seems so empty that I left again after my month expired. I wish all of you the very best though.

trieditall

Novice Member

2/25/10 5:42:08 PM#22
Originally posted by Wraithone

I'm glad to see that its making a come back. I was one of those poor damned souls who suffered for months and months through all of the various "issues" at launch. ^^  If I remember right I had a high 80's low 90's warrior type, with some cleric and mage abilities thrown in.  Interesting game(I was there and helped guard the builders as they created the first tunnels). Its always seemed to be one of the best crafting games I've seen so far. But the combat system was rather primitive and bug prone at the time.  Any way, to make a long story short I eventually left. I went back last december, but the graphics are so dated and the world seems so empty that I left again after my month expired. I wish all of you the very best though.

There have been many new features and content being worked on.  A patch was recently released that contains many new features.  Why not try the unlimited free to play feature and check out the tier 2 improvements and do a little more exploring?  This game is definitely heading back in the right direction, true there is a long way to go but there are some positive things happening.

illanadan

Novice Member

2/25/10 8:01:03 PM#23

I just signed up the other day and already I am enjoying it. I went Cleric and the lizard like race. Having a blast thus far! The other players seem nice and even though the quests are tedious (Lots of wasted running! Hope it changes at higher levels) They are fun. In a time I found myself to be completely burnt out on the "new" generation of MMO's this is a great throwback to hold my attention for a while! :)

Tysi on the Order server. 

- Case: Thermaltake Kandalf Black Chassis
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz (OC'd 4.2GHz on Water Cooling)
- Memory: Mushkin 8Gb (4x 2Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz
- HDD: Dual Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
- GFX: (2) XFX Radeon HD 5870 in CrossFire - New upgrade! :)

"I like wow, I like aion and I like AoC all for different reasons.....the later cause i get to see boobs, but still its a reason!!" - Sawlstone

Hellatha

Novice Member

"In my world, everyone's a pony and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies!" Dr. Seuss

6/03/10 11:53:28 AM#24

I just came back after almost 5 years away from Istaria.  I loved the game when I played it right after it came out, but got to where the monthly fee was to much to handle and not worth the amount of time I had to play.  I only have the time to play a couple hours a day 1-2 days a week and the fee was not worth the time I could put in.  The free human account is what I play now the only down side is now I can not have a plot which is disapointing but it is what it is.  I play a monk at the moment and will go flame once I am at the lvl to get it.  I love the game and like that it takes time to lvl up crafting and adventure classes and that you can multi class in both.  I look forward to getting back in the game and getting my Monk back to what he use to be.

darker70

Apprentice Member

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

6/05/10 10:35:36 PM#25

Same here just checked out the human F2P aspect,and loved creating a scout after donkeys years may even sub later just have some beta's in the pipeline but would say anybody wanting game play over graphics to take a look as this could be the future gameplan for many Mo's as LOTRO is going hybrid F2P i expect STO and the other big hitters to do the same,I wonder if SWTOR is makeing companies nervous?.

Dalexith78

Novice Member

6/05/10 10:40:51 PM#26

I loved Horizons back in the day, only stopped when the servers came down. Love what they have done.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search