Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,454 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,787
Artifact Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/08/03)  | Pub:Virtrium
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Forum » General Discussion » Back in Istaria, chapter two.

20 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  12/19/09 4:49:51 PM#1

After playing in Istaria for over five years, on and off, I have finally completed the Helian Dragon Rite of Passage - and it was the very definition of the word 'epic'.

Kaeliss, a little white Dragon I created some time ago, ascended to adulthood last evening on the Chaos server amidst cheers from the 'dragon' chat channel and with many friends he has met along the road to getting his wings.

And thus begins the next chapter of my time in Istaria...

--

A Dragon's ascension in Istaria is the culmination of hundreds of miles of travel, the solving of puzzles and riddles, at least one moral quandary, lots of combat, and is in no small way a measure of one's ability to rise above the seemingly impossible.

I chose to follow "the old ways" in my ascension by reaching at least level 50 in both adventure and crafting - the rites can be started as early as level 30, but you'll need lots of friends to help you extensively through the quests as the critters you will fight will be level 50+ and you won't be able to make any of the items you'll need.

Even at level 50 I accumulated about a dozen deaths (each with a 16 hour cool down) and some of the fights were extremely tricky to handle solo. I still required some basic assistance as you have to be level 60 in crafting to work with obsidian - one of the many stone resources in the game and a requirement for the Rites.

The first portions of the Rites sent me out to learn more about the two Dragon factions by speaking with elders in the two Dragon cities of Dralk and Chiconis. From there things got interesting...

The Rites are very rich with symbolism and lore. I eventually created a crystalline vessel, a clasp to hold the vessel, and a statue of my adult self - which combined and empowered were used to contain my essence during the transformation into an adult. Each piece represents the Dragon creating them in some form; mind, spirit, and body.

My first task involved the acquisition of a perfect crystal sphere which can only be made by the hermit Lantenal and only of crystal from a powerful golem in a crater on an island far to the SouthEast. This required the help of an adult Dragon named Ranqthas as the golem was virtually indestructable at my level - Lantenal was right, this would make an excellent container.

My next task involved the acquisition of some specific gems that can only be given to a true aspirant - so I had to be tested to prove my worthiness. I had to kill a powerful werewolf, solve four riddles, and deal with a moral quandary - and that was just for starters.

Once I demonstrated that I was indeed worthy I was then sent to have the last three Dragons on Draak, the original island of the Dragons which was overrun by the Withered Aegis and is well behind enemy lines, attune the gems to me specifically. These last vestiges of the ancient Dragon ways evaluated me with specific tasks and then inscribed the gems with runes that symbolized me.

I then had to craft the golden setting for these gems. The gold of which can only be made from the living ore of gold golems and required the deaths of many to yield the small quantity needed.

As I progressed along the path I had to gather the elements of water, air, fire, earth, and spirit.

The spirit in this case was provided by Kaa the Shade, a powerful Withered Aegis wizard found at the bottom of the Spiral, a place of much evil and death. I was able to glide from a nearby mountain into this dark heart of evil, surprising its inhabitants with a sneak attack. Kaa is no pushover though, and with the aid of the ancient Dragon, Pags, and the Dragoness Kudako from "the Eyes of Istaria" (my guild) he was dispatched and yielded the component I needed.

Then came the need to have a well known Gnome in Dalimond create a prism. The prism is used to focus the elements I had just gathered into that crystal sphere from the golem in the crater -  which had to be done while standing at the top of the Druid's Tower in the Western Deadlands...

I was then tasked with creating a statue of my adult self, and this required a mirror which can see my true form and show me what it is. This mirror was made of obsidian and the eye of a Draak Dragon that has passed from this world, and was quenched in the Pool of Teeth; a magical pool of Draconic lore.

Once I had the mirror I carefully crafted a statue of my true self out of granite, which was then used to create a mold which I filled with lava from Dralk and quenched in waters of Chiconis.

So, I had created the pieces but there was the small matter of assembling them into a phylactery - a repository for my essence to inhabit during my ascension.

Of course this phylactery was just a collection of pieces, well crafted pieces made of legendary items recovered from nearly mythical locations in Istaria, but still just pieces - what was left was to test the phylactery - and then magically charge it.

The test was on "Lem the Cold", a shade of some repute who simply exploded on contact with the phylactery - too bad all of his friends didn't and had to be killed the old fashioned way.

This is where some of the friends I had made came in extremely handy. The ones in particular here was Aamer, the leader of the "The Eyes of Istaria" and Kudako, Dragoness and friend. Aamer is a legend and a ranger of little compare, and he and his trusty bow sought out Lem with amazing accuracy and skill.

Once the phylactery has been shown to be an artifact of astounding power, it's a simple matter to go out and use it to kill "Seliena the Brilliant", an undead Dragon who gave herself over to the dark forces of the Withered Aesgis and is a being of unimaginable power.

For this fight Aamer, Kudako and I recruited another member of "The Eyes of Istaria", Trust, who is the highest ranked ranger I've ever seen.

While Aamer, Trust, and Kudako filled my screen with a quantity of damage numbers unlike anything I've ever seen before I used my phylactery on Seliena and siphoned her power into it, turning the item into an incredibly powerful artifact and eventually ridding Istaria of a very powerful enemy.

Having succeeded in this I returned to the hermit and was granted passage to the Peak of Storms, a magical place where generations of Dragon kind have ascended and taken flight. There, amongst friends, I completed the Rite of Passage and took wing for the first of many new adventures.

Overall the quest line took about two weeks to complete and was easily the best bit of quest design I've seen yet in an MMO. The feeling you get when you complete the Rite of Passage is one of elation and deep gratitude for the folks who have taken their time to help.

There on the Peak of Storms you suddenly realize that what started as a quest for you to get the ability to fly in a game has become something bigger - you're no longer there just for you, you're there for the people who helped as well, to show that their time was invested well and give them the same sense of completion you have.

It was so much more than just a quest - very amazing really.

Aywren

Istaria Correspondent

12/20/09 11:19:22 AM#2

Congratulations to you once again!

I was honored and thrilled to have been there when I could, as I was also helped by a number of kind dragons and bi-peds to earn my own wings. I echo your final sentiments in that I am there to assist and serve others in Istaria, and the Right of Passage really helps to bring that home. While I am in no way an ancient or greatly ranked among dragons, I have made it my duty to assist hatchlings in the midst of this epic quest in any way possible... simply because I have experienced what they are enduring (or something very similar).

Thank you for the wonderful write-up of this and other experiences in Istaria. You always bring them to life through the spirit behind your words! May your wings serve to bring you into the adventure that yet awaits! It's just the beginning! 

User Deleted

OP  12/22/09 8:31:20 AM#3

Since earning my wings my days have been filled with working on my lair.

In Istaria, nearly everything is player made - weapons, spells, foods, and even houses and entire towns. And now that I can fly, it makes gathering and creating all of the items needed quite a bit easier.

Lairshaping in Istaria is quite interesting in both it's complexity and depth. As part of the guild "Eyes of Istaria" I have access to several guild towns and nearby are locations for Dragon lairs - cave entrances with a short spiral path into the ground where a capped entrance awaits. Each lair has a certain set of dimensions to it ranging from shallow and wide to narrow and deep, and the cave entrance can be in a different location in each.

Once you've purchased the basic hole-in-the-ground you get a plethora of options for it ranging from name and guest access to a full blueprint-style design panel you use to place the pieces of the lair.

Each lair piece is a 3-dimensional room with one, or several entrances. Each can be rotated and placed within the dimensions of the lair to align with other pieces to create a contiguous set of tunnels and rooms of various purposes.

Lair pieces include bends, 3 and 4-way intersections, halls, several spirals to allow access to different floors, artistic elements such as murals, and many kinds of rooms. The rooms range from simple storage areas to bank vaults, consigners, and tool rooms where crafting can take place. The largest rooms are the halls and lairs which serve as living quarters and gathering places.

Each of these have various levels ranging from tier 1 to tier 6. Each tier denotes a level of complexity for the piece and as the complexity increases the lair piece gains area, archetectural complexity, or becomes a more beautiful space with glowing runes or particle effects.

Once you have the pieces laid out you can wander around the lair as it will be when complete to get a feel for the epic scale of what you are about to undertake - for each piece will require hours of work to complete and you must finish each room to gain access to the room behind it.

So, once you're happy with the layout, you select "build" and the server gets everything ready to go. And you find yourself standing in the entrance to your lair looking at the partially dug beginings of an entrance to the first room.

Now the work begins - each room requires several different building materials and each building material is made from at least two resources - one of which will be a refined resource. So, for example, the 'essences of melding' you will require are made from azulyte crystals you dug up, then hauled to a crystal shaper to 'focus' and create focused azulyte crystals at a 2:1 ratio (for a level 50 crafter). You then haul these over to where the dim essence roams, harvest the little screaming balls of energy for a bit, then go refine the raw essense into spheres at an essence shaper, also at a 2:1 ratio(for a level 50 crafter). So now you've got the two resources needed and combine them, 15 to 1, to create the final product.

Now you have to haul the final product to your lair, which might be several portals away...

So 30 azulyte crystals and 30 dim essence equal 1 essence of melding for a level 50 crafter - you'll need 2 of these to add 1 unit to the 10 or so required for a basic hallway, and that's just one of 6 different materials you'll need!

Don't worry, as your skills improve your production runs get bigger and it gets easier. :)

So, being as I've only just started with the skills for lairshaping, the materials I need are all 'tier 1' and are, in part, the same materials needed by all tier 1 crafters - so I've been spending a lot of time on the island of New Trismus. You may recall from my previous series of posts that New Trismus is the starting island for all of the various races.

Due to my need for the resources I've been present to assist a lot of new players as they all end up on the island eventually. There's not much on the island that can even slow down a level 50+ dragon, so I get recuited quite often to assist with some rampaging undead necromancer or vicious pig, and in turn I get to meet a lot of the new players.

In the last week there have been a *lot* of new players - currently there is a group of about six dragon hatchlings who have taken over the community lair up above the town and are fountains of endless energy as they go about learning of the world around them. There have been many, many new bipeds as well who aren't too proud to ask for help from the huge white dragon haunting the area.

All in all I've gotten the first room of my lair about 3/4 of the way finished and have reached level 18 in lairshaping. I've met a great deal of new people, most of which are quite facinating, and enjoyed quite a bit of random roleplay with either teaching hatchlings the "Eilert Erdoten", the Dragon language of Istaria (of which I'm fairly fluent) or defending them from the evils of the world.

And that's that for this update. If you find yourself on some strange island and spot a large white dragon lounging about on the roof of the bank, feel free to introduce yourself or ask for assistance - I'm more than happy to help out.

(Edit: Clarifications based on reader feedback)

mcquaided

Novice Member

IM WATCHING YOU!

12/22/09 3:21:10 PM#4

Nice to see you did your RoP and ill congratulate you for that. but lets not exaggerate here.

The lore into the RoP is awsome at best but the execution is tedious. To much uneeded travel involved that at todays standards does turn alot of players off.

Seriously Pags is male... pink. thats new XD

However the lore is good enough to cause people to endure the quest itself.

Now I did not post here due to your 1st post, im here to bite you on your second post since its full of to much lies.

Lets start,

crafting: as you lvl crafting you obiously get better which means you need less of a material to build somthing. example.

3 sandstone slabs to make one brick. as you lvl it will drop to 2 slabs per brick. That is the least you can take it to.

Materials are judged in tiers.  1 thru 6  the higher tier you want to make you need much more crafting lvls and armor/potions to get that 2: 1 ratio.  Also Tiers are capped by your crafting lvl which means every 20 lvls in this game. you can be lvl 35 and cannot harvest granite dispite that you have enough skill to do so.

That said lets dive into Lairshaping.

I love how you candy coated  the hell of a grind lairshaping is. I know because my dragon has lvl 40 lairshaping and i cannot do any tier 3 parts due to the bugged npc that does not sell or give you the t3 formulas to make items. and each tier = more materials needed. if tier 2 are driving me crazy it gets worse.

this is where you messed up. your explination of the mending items needing 2 azurite xtals to make 1 focused on and 2 dime essence to make 1 essence orbs is determined by your craft lvl. not lairshaping skill. like i said above you need a decent lvl it take it at the best which is a 2.1 ratio.

Yes it takes 15 of each of the focus xtals and orbs to make one melding mat.  BUT. that is the cap. the best ratio. If you have armor that helps in lairshaping and of course lairshaping lvls.

Stop lying that it gets easier it does not. when you start lairshaping at barebones it takes 30 of each mat to make a melding. not 15.  so you will NOT see an improvement as you lvl. to 3 of the lairshaping with are the  earth, melding and imbued bars you need 2 different mats.

for the lattices, malestones and lode stones you need much more.

lattices being the easy ones of getting 1 of each teir 1 gem to make a tricut. and then the focused crystals.

the malestones require loadstones which are made out of 2 mats then to top it another mat. this is the same for the flowstones that need caststones.

what does this equal to

a huge motherload of a grind. its insane how much of mats are needed to make simple stuff and how much are needed for lairs and halls.

when you apply you need 2 to 1 ratio so if it says 10 imbued bronze bars you need 20 to finish the product.

now a tier 1 lair takes 300+ imbued bronze bars and multiply that by 2 and thats just one of the materials needed for that  said hall.

this is the reason why you see alot of plots done  vs all the empty lairs in istaria. many people jump for the project but very few actually  finish their lairs. go around anywhere and youll see half made lairs if not just to 1st room made.

sadly when Vi decided to open room so new poeple could aquire plots and lairs it was a double edge sword, they hurt the game big time in order to give a chance of the small  new playerbase a chance at the grind to build things. tons of communities dissapeard and arent even worth going to now. in chaos few communities exists like crimson dawn being the biggest guild currently on that server. some of the abandoned communities had blacksmith machines and the like close to harvesting nodes, those places plopped and no one goes there. sandstone bluff being a prime example.

go to south march, its being built by 1 person from the timeless guild, ya one person with 12 subs. izzon crest is deserted and so are many other nice places.

as i see it from when i played 2 years ago, compared to now, the community has dwindled to nothing. only thing that kept me going for this game was being able to play a dragon that no other game allows you to. that and im a dragon lover, which keeps me going. but even I am aware the community is dying. Vi has done alot of good but also alot of bad. taking off nadia was a fatal mistake and making some comps like the chieftain molar a utterly rare drop where you need 2 of em for a tech. mobs on a 30 min timer  only 1 in the whole game and it rarely drops from him which forces people to camp. and its against the tos to camp. the irony.

but that is me ranting.  they really need to fix their gears on alot of the starter stuff . if you plan to stick for lairshaper lvl 100 your gonna be utterly disappointed when you hit lvl 40 and your t3 and up pieces of your lair cannot be built because you dont get the journeyman skills.

to much dissapointing things to keep those tons of 14 day trail players that tend to flood in at new trimus. after a few days, you never see them again. And dispite that you can play human for free. you dont see as much.  To much to be worked on and to little time.

Im going to sell you a dream.

Ashglonteri

Apprentice Member

12/22/09 4:29:36 PM#5

Where as I can respect your viewpoint, and sympathize with you on the needs and requirements to laircraft, I must take issue with your use of the word "lying" in reference to what the OP said.

I don't think it means what you think it means, to quote a well known movie. 

At best is was a simple mistake. Such strong verbage really shows your strong irritation for a game mechanic, so why take it out on a player that is trying so hard to show what they enjoy. It is from their perspective, and perhaps they do not have the same level of frustration you seem to have.

Let's face facts and admit that sure, many mistakes were made by the developers and various owners of this game along the way . Being angry with them is not only reasonable but something I would have to admit sharing in.

BUT...

I surely do not have any ill will nor feelings towards any player. They suffer just like I suffer. They deal just like I deal. The community that is currently in game is the best by far of any game today. If they are trying to stir interest in the game, why take umbrage with them? Complain to the developers, complain about them.

If you still play the game, ( as it seems you do ) Please help us support the game and get more players to try it for themselves, and help the game grow to where what you long for from the old days could be had again.

Besides, many that have stuck around all this time ENJOY the work and the relaxing nature of crafting here. Many of the new players that have recently join the game have commented on how much they need a break from current games out there. Perhaps it's all just a matter of perspective.

User Deleted

OP  12/22/09 5:27:31 PM#6
Originally posted by mcquaided

Nice to see you did your RoP and ill congratulate you for that. but lets not exaggerate here.

Thanks. It was a long time coming.

The lore into the RoP is awsome at best but the execution is tedious. To much uneeded travel involved that at todays standards does turn alot of players off.

I will agree that by today's standards the quest is very long and arduous - but I'll also mention that by today's standards a player expects to hit level cap and be 'epic' in about 3 weeks.

Yes, the run(s) to Draak are a pain, but I think it added to the feeling of accomplishment in the end. Different strokes and all that.

It is my opinion that the short attention spans of the current instant gratification generation is partially responsible for the decline in MMOs in general - they want everything, and they want it right now. I don't see any issue with things taking a long time to achieve, but then again I used to play UO and EQ - games where it took years to reach the level cap and epic items were, well, epic...

I was a bit shocked too. :)

I agree completely. The lore and story behind the Rites is reason enough to do it.

Now I did not post here due to your 1st post, im here to bite you on your second post since its full of to much lies.

Lies is a bit strong of a word I think. I'm not trying to mislead people here, but let's see what you have to say - it's possible I mis-stated something...

Lets start,

crafting: as you lvl crafting you obiously get better which means you need less of a material to build somthing. example.

3 sandstone slabs to make one brick. as you lvl it will drop to 2 slabs per brick. That is the least you can take it to.

You are correct. I should have clarified that I'm a level 50 crafter and therefore my abilities with T1 resources are pretty much maxed out, which is why I have a 2:1 ratio with them as I mentioned above.

Materials are judged in tiers.  1 thru 6  the higher tier you want to make you need much more crafting lvls and armor/potions to get that 2: 1 ratio.  Also Tiers are capped by your crafting lvl which means every 20 lvls in this game. you can be lvl 35 and cannot harvest granite dispite that you have enough skill to do so.

I love how you candy coated  the hell of a grind lairshaping is. I know because my dragon has lvl 40 lairshaping and i cannot do any tier 3 parts due to the bugged npc that does not sell or give you the t3 formulas to make items. and each tier = more materials needed. if tier 2 are driving me crazy it gets worse.

This is opinion, not lies as you put it. I have been lairshaping for about a week and, yes, it is a lot of work but I don't consider it a "hell of a grind" and as I was the author, my opinion is valid.

Maple Story is a hell of a grind. :)

I also state that I have made it to level 19 in lairshaping... If there is a bug with something at level thirty, trust me, I'll write about it when I get there. As shown in my posting history here, I'm not one for pulling punches with developers...

this is where you messed up. your explination of the mending items needing 2 azurite xtals to make 1 focused on and 2 dime essence to make 1 essence orbs is determined by your craft lvl. not lairshaping skill. like i said above you need a decent lvl it take it at the best which is a 2.1 ratio.

Again, you are correct and I should clarify that I am a level 50 crafter, which I mentioned as part of doing the RoP "old school" - but, yes, my processing of tier 1 resources is as efficient as it can be.

Yes it takes 15 of each of the focus xtals and orbs to make one melding mat.  BUT. that is the cap. the best ratio. If you have armor that helps in lairshaping and of course lairshaping lvls.

You are correct in that the best ratio is 1:15 - what you're missing is that as you get higher crafting levels, you gain access to more cargo space in the form of better scalepacks, better disks, better gathering efficiency via statisical improvement, better tool claws and techs that improve gathering yields, etc.

So, yes, while the base ratios for materials stay the same, your speed at gathering materials and your ability to move greater amounts of material effectively increases your end product production per time interval.

Translation: Higher levels means easier production.

Stop lying that it gets easier it does not. when you start lairshaping at barebones it takes 30 of each mat to make a melding. not 15.  so you will NOT see an improvement as you lvl. to 3 of the lairshaping with are the  earth, melding and imbued bars you need 2 different mats.

There's that lying word again...

As I mentioned above; Yes, the ratios do not get better, but the quantities do - based on level.

Lairshaping is not something you do in and of itself - it is dovetailed into the regular crafting skills. For someone to try lairshaping at, say level 20 DCRA, they'd be in a world of hurt pretty quick.

In that, I'm glad you brought this up. I should have clarified that as well. :)

lattices being the easy ones of getting 1 of each teir 1 gem to make a tricut. and then the focused crystals.

the malestones require loadstones which are made out of 2 mats then to top it another mat. this is the same for the flowstones that need caststones.

what does this equal to

a huge motherload of a grind. its insane how much of mats are needed to make simple stuff and how much are needed for lairs and halls.

when you apply you need 2 to 1 ratio so if it says 10 imbued bronze bars you need 20 to finish the product.

now a tier 1 lair takes 300+ imbued bronze bars and multiply that by 2 and thats just one of the materials needed for that  said hall.

I've finished about 66% of my t1 lair in 3 days of very casual play - and my lair is a couple ports away from the tier 1 resources and machines. I would not expect the second hardest room-type to be completed any faster really.

this is the reason why you see alot of plots done  vs all the empty lairs in istaria. many people jump for the project but very few actually  finish their lairs. go around anywhere and youll see half made lairs if not just to 1st room made.

I cannot comment on this as I've only looked at a few lairs, most of which I would consider 'complete' in that they seem to have everything the owner wants, maybe not at tier 6, but...

sadly when Vi decided to open room so new poeple could aquire plots and lairs it was a double edge sword, they hurt the game big time in order to give a chance of the small  new playerbase a chance at the grind to build things. tons of communities dissapeard and arent even worth going to now. in chaos few communities exists like crimson dawn being the biggest guild currently on that server. some of the abandoned communities had blacksmith machines and the like close to harvesting nodes, those places plopped and no one goes there. sandstone bluff being a prime example.

go to south march, its being built by 1 person from the timeless guild, ya one person with 12 subs. izzon crest is deserted and so are many other nice places.

My guild owns something like 6 towns, all well populated and active. On the other side of the mountain is Crimson Dawn's towns, and on the western edge of the island is another guild... I'd guess the island is about half, maybe three quarters full.

I will agree with you that the housing is too scattered (I've written about this before) and it tends to give the game a ghost-town feel when players are starting out. But with the New Player Assistance channel and whatnot it isn't hard to point people in the correct direction.

I know because I just recently transfered to Chaos and couldn't find a decent conny (on Order the default conny seems to be the one in Aug) and was pointed to the guild towns via NPA.

as i see it from when i played 2 years ago, compared to now, the community has dwindled to nothing. only thing that kept me going for this game was being able to play a dragon that no other game allows you to. that and im a dragon lover, which keeps me going. but even I am aware the community is dying. Vi has done alot of good but also alot of bad. taking off nadia was a fatal mistake and making some comps like the chieftain molar a utterly rare drop where you need 2 of em for a tech. mobs on a 30 min timer  only 1 in the whole game and it rarely drops from him which forces people to camp. and its against the tos to camp. the irony.

I cant speak to the acquisition of rare tech parts as I'm not of that level, but I've logged on for a month or two every year since the game came out, and Chaos seem to be doing a lot better now than it was even 4 months ago when I left for Order.

but that is me ranting.  they really need to fix their gears on alot of the starter stuff . if you plan to stick for lairshaper lvl 100 your gonna be utterly disappointed when you hit lvl 40 and your t3 and up pieces of your lair cannot be built because you dont get the journeyman skills.

I'll keep plugging away at it. So far I'm having a lot of fun with lairshaping, but a lot of that is because I'm not in any hurry to get it done. I log on, round up a load of materials between chasing hatchlings and chatting with guildies, process it into the 24 lairshaping pieces I can carry, port to Tizrah and apply another 12 whatevers to the lair. Some times I do this a few times, other times I get caught up helping someone finish a quest and get nothing done. It's a game, and I play it as such. :)

I gave up racing to an objective after my first two years of WoW - I've raided end-game in WoW at every level cap and, well, it just keeps getting easier and faster - and I want to slow down and have a challenge. :)

to much dissapointing things to keep those tons of 14 day trail players that tend to flood in at new trimus. after a few days, you never see them again. And dispite that you can play human for free. you dont see as much.  To much to be worked on and to little time.

Overall, thanks for the post mcquaided. You made some excellent points on things I should have clarified in my previous post. While we may not agree on every point, it's nice that it can be discussed.

Take it easy and hope to hear more from ya in the future. :)

maxnrosy

Apprentice Member

I am a Liar. Do you believe me?

12/23/09 6:43:19 AM#7
Originally posted by Rihahn

Thanks. It was a long time coming.

I will agree that by today's standards the quest is very long and arduous - but I'll also mention that by today's standards a player expects to hit level cap and be 'epic' in about 3 weeks.

Yes, the run(s) to Draak are a pain, but I think it added to the feeling of accomplishment in the end. Different strokes and all that.

It is my opinion that the short attention spans of the current instant gratification generation is partially responsible for the decline in MMOs in general - they want everything, and they want it right now. I don't see any issue with things taking a long time to achieve, but then again I used to play UO and EQ - games where it took years to reach the level cap and epic items were, well, epic...

I was a bit shocked too. :)

I agree completely. The lore and story behind the Rites is reason enough to do it.

Lies is a bit strong of a word I think. I'm not trying to mislead people here, but let's see what you have to say - it's possible I mis-stated something...

Lets start,

You are correct. I should have clarified that I'm a level 50 crafter and therefore my abilities with T1 resources are pretty much maxed out, which is why I have a 2:1 ratio with them as I mentioned above.

This is opinion, not lies as you put it. I have been lairshaping for about a week and, yes, it is a lot of work but I don't consider it a "hell of a grind" and as I was the author, my opinion is valid.

Maple Story is a hell of a grind. :)

I also state that I have made it to level 19 in lairshaping... If there is a bug with something at level thirty, trust me, I'll write about it when I get there. As shown in my posting history here, I'm not one for pulling punches with developers...

Again, you are correct and I should clarify that I am a level 50 crafter, which I mentioned as part of doing the RoP "old school" - but, yes, my processing of tier 1 resources is as efficient as it can be.

You are correct in that the best ratio is 1:15 - what you're missing is that as you get higher crafting levels, you gain access to more cargo space in the form of better scalepacks, better disks, better gathering efficiency via statisical improvement, better tool claws and techs that improve gathering yields, etc.

So, yes, while the base ratios for materials stay the same, your speed at gathering materials and your ability to move greater amounts of material effectively increases your end product production per time interval.

Translation: Higher levels means easier production.

There's that lying word again...

As I mentioned above; Yes, the ratios do not get better, but the quantities do - based on level.

Lairshaping is not something you do in and of itself - it is dovetailed into the regular crafting skills. For someone to try lairshaping at, say level 20 DCRA, they'd be in a world of hurt pretty quick.

In that, I'm glad you brought this up. I should have clarified that as well. :)

what does this equal to

I've finished about 66% of my t1 lair in 3 days of very casual play - and my lair is a couple ports away from the tier 1 resources and machines. I would not expect the second hardest room-type to be completed any faster really.

I cannot comment on this as I've only looked at a few lairs, most of which I would consider 'complete' in that they seem to have everything the owner wants, maybe not at tier 6, but...

My guild owns something like 6 towns, all well populated and active. On the other side of the mountain is Crimson Dawn's towns, and on the western edge of the island is another guild... I'd guess the island is about half, maybe three quarters full.

I will agree with you that the housing is too scattered (I've written about this before) and it tends to give the game a ghost-town feel when players are starting out. But with the New Player Assistance channel and whatnot it isn't hard to point people in the correct direction.

I know because I just recently transfered to Chaos and couldn't find a decent conny (on Order the default conny seems to be the one in Aug) and was pointed to the guild towns via NPA.

I cant speak to the acquisition of rare tech parts as I'm not of that level, but I've logged on for a month or two every year since the game came out, and Chaos seem to be doing a lot better now than it was even 4 months ago when I left for Order.

I'll keep plugging away at it. So far I'm having a lot of fun with lairshaping, but a lot of that is because I'm not in any hurry to get it done. I log on, round up a load of materials between chasing hatchlings and chatting with guildies, process it into the 24 lairshaping pieces I can carry, port to Tizrah and apply another 12 whatevers to the lair. Some times I do this a few times, other times I get caught up helping someone finish a quest and get nothing done. It's a game, and I play it as such. :)

I gave up racing to an objective after my first two years of WoW - I've raided end-game in WoW at every level cap and, well, it just keeps getting easier and faster - and I want to slow down and have a challenge. :)

Overall, thanks for the post mcquaided. You made some excellent points on things I should have clarified in my previous post. While we may not agree on every point, it's nice that it can be discussed.

Take it easy and hope to hear more from ya in the future. :)

Probably the use of lying should have used misleading.

Keep in mind i do play and enjoy the game.

More players yes we do need. but if we are to get more we have to stop on the misleading part and overhyping part.

The game is from the pre wow era and most players have settled for a more simplified way of gaming.  Istaria is a large grind. 100 dra, 100 craft and 40 larishaping. Dragons have it easy and its the lairshaping that does give satisfyling results only if you can endure the grind. as you can see i do have access to the best cargo, scales and all that and i still see it lairshaping as a grind. Now its a good feeling when you get something huge done and being able to carve out a whole lair is not a 1 month deal you will be on it for many months.

The deal here is to point out the strong points of istaria and point them out well. It will be the best way to bring people into the game little by little.

Example. Bipeds are a type of characters people may want to make if they plan to stick with a game long term, there are so many schools to get into and in the longrun the rewards for your efforts show.

Dragons are the short term if you take off lairshaping. infact they had  to code it that your dragon has to be 100 rl days made in order to take the ancient rite of passage.  Your instantly maxed  out once you hit 100  it takes a biped alot of schools to rival a dragon pve wise but at the end its the bipeds that will excell at it.

Th is game is about investment and is ment to be group oriented  which for some reason is being forgotten and while you can achive things solo it is less frustrating that being with others.

let people know what to expect. if we overdo it they will come to the games expecting things as we hyped them to be and will be very dissapointed when they see its not as discribed. there are many players who wont mind an outdated engine as long as its worth their time and trust me those are the ones we want.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

User Deleted

OP  12/23/09 10:20:47 AM#8
Originally posted by maxnrosy

Probably the use of lying should have used misleading.

Keep in mind i do play and enjoy the game.

More players yes we do need. but if we are to get more we have to stop on the misleading part and overhyping part.

I had no idea people were so incensed about lairshaping...

I'm having a bit of trouble seeing where I misled anyone being as what I wrote is exactly what I've been doing for four days now - with those exact ratios and in those exact quantities as I stated above. Just because I don't *feel* the same way as another person *feels* about a function of the game, does not mean I am being misleading.

If I were being misleading I would have written "it's so easy they give you free lair pieces and it only takes a couple of days to build an entire lair", which I didn't. In fact I think I may have overstated the difficulty a bit...

Yes, it is a lot of repeated operations, but so are the Arenas, Battlegrounds, and raid instances of WoW (the most popular MMO on Earth), but in that case you don't get anything but a new set of glowy shoulders. The effort I'm putting in on this lair is better, in my opinion, because it's something I designed to suit what I want to achieve in the game - not to simply acquire something with 8 more points of "ilevel" and the same look everyone else has.

The game is from the pre wow era and most players have settled for a more simplified way of gaming.  Istaria is a large grind. 100 dra, 100 craft and 40 larishaping. Dragons have it easy and its the lairshaping that does give satisfyling results only if you can endure the grind. as you can see i do have access to the best cargo, scales and all that and i still see it lairshaping as a grind. Now its a good feeling when you get something huge done and being able to carve out a whole lair is not a 1 month deal you will be on it for many months.

Actually, no, Istaria isn't pre wow era. Istaria and Wow were in development at the same time (Go here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html, scroll to the bottom, and be awed at how little has changed since 2001), Blizzard simply took forever to publish. Now, granted, that made for an extremely well polished game, but the core technology of Istaria and WoW aren't that different (Istaria's Intrinsic Alchemy engine was actually better than WoW's Chaos Engine in the beginning, but over the years Blizzard has turned the Chaos Engine up to "11") - It's the post 'Burning Crusade' WoW that has gotten players into the welfare epics and level-cap in a couple weeks mentality. Vanilla WoW was *much* harder, the time to 60 was designed to take a year, epics were epic, etcetera.

The deal here is to point out the strong points of istaria and point them out well. It will be the best way to bring people into the game little by little.

Lairshaping is not a strong point? You mean there are other games out there that allow you to design and build a three-dimensional multi-level underground structure from a plethora of pieces that you can link together however you want, then make that structure available to other players in a persistant, non instanced world?

But, that aside, you state that we should emphasize the strong points, yet your post makes it known that, in your opinion, Istaria is a 'large grind', that there is nothing for a Dragon post 100th level, and that grouping is frustrating.

While I cannot argue this as they are your opinions and as such are perfectly valid, I wonder what you see as Istaria's strong points. Other than your brief mention of biped multi-classing, which was immediately followed up with derision about max-level dragons, you don't really seem to like the game.

Example. Bipeds are a type of characters people may want to make if they plan to stick with a game long term, there are so many schools to get into and in the longrun the rewards for your efforts show.

Dragons are the short term if you take off lairshaping. infact they had  to code it that your dragon has to be 100 rl days made in order to take the ancient rite of passage.  Your instantly maxed  out once you hit 100  it takes a biped alot of schools to rival a dragon pve wise but at the end its the bipeds that will excell at it.

This seems to be a repeating theme; level cap. I think, and this is only my opinion, that Istaria is more about the journey, not the destination.

So many players these days have been tricked into thinking the game doesn't start until max level is achieved. The only thing level is doing for me is allowing me to gather parts for techniques from higher level critters and allowed me to fly, it hasn't impacted the fun I have in the game mostly because I'm getting the most fun out of interacting with other players.

But that's just me.

Th is game is about investment and is ment to be group oriented  which for some reason is being forgotten and while you can achive things solo it is less frustrating that being with others.

let people know what to expect. if we overdo it they will come to the games expecting things as we hyped them to be and will be very dissapointed when they see its not as discribed. there are many players who wont mind an outdated engine as long as its worth their time and trust me those are the ones we want.

This I am trying to do, and though I don't feel I am 'hyping' things, I'm also not so jaded that my writings will appeal to those who simply aren't liking the game or are burned out, and I can accept this.

What I write is what I have experienced in Istaria with little bits of fluff to keep the reading, hopefully, entertaining - if this does not align with what someone else has experienced, I am sorry, but I'm not writing about their adventures in Istaria. This is a public board and they are free to write about how they feel (and be subject to explaining themselves as well. :) )

mcquaided

Novice Member

IM WATCHING YOU!

12/23/09 6:51:56 PM#9

Hehe funny. I happened to close beta test wow . wow took longer because well they did polish the game big time, close beta was much smoother than many game that were released. istaria being one of em :). while people will quickly  babble out that wows release was bad, it was bad for the wrong reasons as in to little servers and to many people causing a server overlload. which is different than being plagued by tons of problems :)

Istaria i like it in a different way. if you see im complaining about it is because im at a stage i would prefer the devs to fix things than add things causing more things needed to be fixed. I know what state the game is in.

There are plenty of things you decided not to mention during your journey, rose goggles if you will that everything was ok.

mention about the spawns appearing and suddenly ganging on ya.  the crashes due to to much teleporting and memory leaks. Most of the community will love to see plenty of issues fixed than more added things dispite that we seen it all (3 years same toon) Gee i wonder why i stay playing :)

Im going to sell you a dream.

Ravik

Novice Member

12/23/09 6:58:24 PM#10

Gratz on the ascension.  I remember helping a guildmate do it way back when but the guild was too small to handle everything ourselves so we needed some adult dragon help. 

Make games you want to play.

User Deleted

OP  12/23/09 7:27:12 PM#11

Hehe funny. I happened to close beta test wow . wow took longer because well they did polish the game big time, close beta was much smoother than many game that were released. istaria being one of em :). while people will quickly  babble out that wows release was bad, it was bad for the wrong reasons as in to little servers and to many people causing a server overlload. which is different than being plagued by tons of problems :)

Istaria i like it in a different way. if you see im complaining about it is because im at a stage i would prefer the devs to fix things than add things causing more things needed to be fixed. I know what state the game is in.

There are plenty of things you decided not to mention during your journey, rose goggles if you will that everything was ok.

mention about the spawns appearing and suddenly ganging on ya.  the crashes due to to much teleporting and memory leaks. Most of the community will love to see plenty of issues fixed than more added things dispite that we seen it all (3 years same toon) Gee i wonder why i stay playing :)

Ahh, I remember those days - still have a treasured screenshot of my first character, a Forsaken priest, standing next to Captain Placeholder as we were on our way to kill Tyrande (back before battlegrounds and dishonor ruined world PvP). :)

Yes, the launch of WoW was practically flawless, just in typical Blizzard fashion they underestimated their popularity and didn't have near enough hardware on hand.

*laughs* I recently posted on the Istaria forums about how the server seems to read minds when it comes to spawns, after a couple rounds of getting ganked by level 100 machete-wielding abominations during my RoP runs to Draak - I agree, it needs to be fixed, but to me it's sort of like not having the AC work in the car - it'd be nice if it did, but I can also just roll the windows down.

Now, for a new player this is an issue, and yes I'm intentionally leaving out that particular rough edge in my writings here as it's a known issue and there are plenty of folks who will be sure to let anyone who even looks at the game know all about it - so I choose to highlight the things I happen to think are pretty cool.

As for crashing due to teleports, I'm happy to say that I've not had that happen since July - and I make heavy use of the portal system when I'm crafting. It might still be there for other folks with lesser hardware (I've got 9gigs of ram), but I've not seen it in a long time. This goes hand-in-hand with the old memory leaks - not seen those either. I ran Istaria for 16-ish hours a day for three days last weekend and never saw more than 3gigs of utilization on my system - and that's with browsers running and itunes playing. :)

As for the last part, I can only say why I keep coming back and playing - there's nothing out there quite like Istaria, and with more people and some of those rough edges smoothed out, it would be the perfect MMO - in my humble opinion - so I try to get the word out and help folks over those rough edges when they encounter them in-game.

User Deleted

OP  12/23/09 7:29:12 PM#12
Originally posted by Ravik

Gratz on the ascension.  I remember helping a guildmate do it way back when but the guild was too small to handle everything ourselves so we needed some adult dragon help. 

Thanks! It was a real blast and I can honestly say free-flight in an MMO (and no, Aion doesn't count (stupid flight time limit)) is extremely cool. :)

maxnrosy

Apprentice Member

I am a Liar. Do you believe me?

12/24/09 2:14:42 PM#13

grats on becoming an adult. nice read to boot.  I myself returned about 2 months ago and well im happy getting into lairshaping and all. only game i know that will allow you to make such a huge piece of the game.

as for mquaided, whoa whats your prob.  seems your one sour lonely dragon XD.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

User Deleted

OP  12/26/09 12:03:10 PM#14

Yesterday I finished the first room of my lair.

Now, not being one to do anything the easy way, my first room was the second hardest in terms of the amounts of resources needed to complete it at tier 1 - the actual lair chamber. This space is analogous to a bedroom if you will, a sleeping chamber for the Dragon. In total it required - 90 crystal lattices, 40 Maelstone, 40 Flowstone, 150 Imbued Bars, 60 Primal Essences, and 60 Excoriations... A *lot* of work at even 2:1. ;)

I was going to do the 'hall' first, which is sort of like the living room and is about 4 times more costly in resources, but it wouldn't line up the the offset entry into the area I purchased.

So, the total time to complete was a bit over 6 days at around 3 hours per day on average. During this I leveled from 1 to 23 in lairshaping so the last few 'complex' pieces were applied at a 2:1 ratio, versus 3:1... Which is something I should mention - the final resources you create for lairshaping come in two varieties which I've taken to calling 'simple' and 'complex'.

Simple resources are thing like the imbued bars and meldings - these take something like bronze bars (a finished form of copper and tin ore) and dim essence (not the orbs, which would be the finished product) and are very easy to make. Complex items are things like flowstone which require something akin to the simple items above *and* another material - and require some resource juggling to be sure you have the right materials at the correct machine to work them.

I will mention here that I did about three quarters of my lair room without any sort of silo (a storage area for resources) and the entire room with a single item disk (cargo disks have single-item and multi-item versions).

The first three quarters of the lair took 4 days and I started at the bottom of the list and worked my way to the top - so I started with the simple items first. Once I reached the more complex items I started to feel the burn... With simple materials you simply load up the disk with material that doesn't need the machine, and haul it over to the material that does (theres usually a processing station near the material, at least in tier 1) and make them.

So, for the example above I would load up on dim essence, then fly over to the bronze area, park the disk next to a smelter, and run back and forth making bars and turning them into imbued bars - easy peazy - and given my level I could haul about 24 completed imbued bars at a time in my internal cargo space.

So I would make 24, portal to Bristugo (the travel hub) then portal to Tirzah, then fly a few hundred yards to my lair and apply 12 items (it was a 2:1 ratio) to the 150 I would eventually need. So, yes, over ten trips for this one resource.

The complex resources have an additional step - once you've gathered, flown, gather/created, you need to dump those off in your bank or the consigner so that you have enough room to gather/make the second resource. Once that's done you need to run to the bank/consigner, grab a few of part one, run over to the machine while still carrying part two, and make a couple finished parts. You then run back to the bank/consigner, drop of the couple finished parts, load up again, and repeat.

It takes a long time to work the complex items this way - fortunately there are better ways, but only if you have a support network, like a guild, behind you.

For the last two resources I needed for my lair Aamer, the leader of the 'Eyes of Istaria', let me use two silos at Tirzah. This dramatically changed the project flow and made things *much* faster. The project flow now required gathering/creating the first simple item, such as lodestones, and dropping them off 5-600 at a time into the first silo, then gathering/creating the second simple item/resource and dropping it off 7-900 at a time into the second silo (each silo holds one type of item at a time). Once 3500 of each was achieved, I ferried 360 of each to the guild lair (about 200 yards) to process 18 of the final items. Then it was a simple matter to fly about a quarter mile to my lair and apply them.

In 2 days I did the last two items (90 latices and 40 maelstone) and finished the lair room.

I wandered around the vast chamber a bit, looked at the waterfalls and huge chains, and deconstructed it... I had my measurement for a 'difficult' lair piece (1 week, worst case) and it was now time to build the lair to be not only home, but my workshop as well.

When you deconstruct a lair piece you are refunded 'novian' versions of what it took to build it, at some ratio that makes it so you loose a bit for the privilege of setting off explosives and starting over. When I deconstructed the lair chamber, I got back enough novian resources to build a bend, three 4-way intersections, one silo, and about half of a consigner chamber.

I need to mention here that the player-owned consigner is sort of interesting. From what I gather, the consigner can function as a huge silo, but with a small monetary cost for each item. So you can store vast quantities in the consigner if you have the funds for the service. At least this is what I understand, I've not finished mine and tried this personally yet.

Another thing that will speed up production is a multi-item disk. These don't hold as much as their single-item brethren, but as a lairshaper you need to be able to hold and manipulate several things at once. I managed with a single-item disk, but it's all I could find for sale and I'm trying all of this from the point of view of someone without a huge guild behind them to help out.

Teched scales will also speed up production. While I have access to incredible, almost 'twink' items, via my guild I've stuck to using only things I can create or find on a consigner. Basically, if I can do it, someone coming into the game fresh should be able to as well - once they hit 50/50 (dragon/crafter) at any rate. :)

One last thing I discovered is that Istaria allows you to assign a payout per item if someone else applies it. This allows you to pay other people to do part, or all, of the work for you... I discovered this as I was looking for other lairs in the area to apply my spare finished resources to.

But, after all that I've decided to switch back to regular dragon crafting for a bit and try to catch up with Kudako (a guild member) - I did three crafter levels last night while watching holiday TV re-runs and figure once I get my next scale at 60, I'll run my adventure levels up to 80 or so.

And that's it for this update - see ya in Istaria!

Aywren

Istaria Correspondent

12/26/09 12:27:37 PM#15

Congrats on making the complete room in your lair! I'll have to look into some of those open silos in Tirzah as well -- that's a very good idea considering the kind of lair I've got laid out for me! The vault and the connie right there in the main guild plot is a serious help! *laugh* 

I've been working up crafting levels myself this weekend -- they got a little (okay, a lot) behind my adventuring levels and I could really use the skills to build my next set of scales and claws. So that's my focus as well for now! Seeing your progress, you'll probably catch up with me in no time! :D

Lairshaping is going to be a whole new challenge, but I really want to get my adventuring and regular crafting up to snuff before I throw myself into such a big project. Good luck with yours -- glad to hear you're doing so well! 

User Deleted

OP  12/27/09 10:51:29 AM#16
Originally posted by Aywren

Congrats on making the complete room in your lair! I'll have to look into some of those open silos in Tirzah as well -- that's a very good idea considering the kind of lair I've got laid out for me! The vault and the connie right there in the main guild plot is a serious help! *laugh* 

I've been working up crafting levels myself this weekend -- they got a little (okay, a lot) behind my adventuring levels and I could really use the skills to build my next set of scales and claws. So that's my focus as well for now! Seeing your progress, you'll probably catch up with me in no time! :D

Lairshaping is going to be a whole new challenge, but I really want to get my adventuring and regular crafting up to snuff before I throw myself into such a big project. Good luck with yours -- glad to hear you're doing so well! 

Thank you.

It was just an experiment - to see what it took to build one of the resource intensive rooms. Yes, the silos are a huge help and I highly recommend them. :)

I put my foot to the floor, as it were, and got my crafting up to 60 last night and opened up the next scale slot... There are some elements of the crafting system that are pure genius in my opinion - from the designer's point of view. Making it so that you cannot craft the items that the bracket opened up until you are a few levels into the bracket, keeps people going.

I'll have to hit 65 before I can start making the obsidian scales I can wear at 60, and, well, once I hit 65 it's just a short hop to 70 where I'll get to wear the next tier of scales, but not make them until 75...

Aaagh! They've found my weakness, I can't stop crafting! (chuckle)

User Deleted

OP  1/03/10 10:33:34 AM#17

As I continue my journeys in Istaria, another interesting part of the game was revealed to me: World Projects.

"The Eyes of Istaria", the guild I am in, has been expanding rapidly with the general renewed interest in Istaria by new and returning players, and due to this I have been on the hunt for unoccupied "guild towns". (being able to fly has certain advantages, such as bypassing difficult terrain)

A guild town is a housing area that has a master plot, which when owned by a guild member allows other guild members to purchase land very cheaply around it.

So I took off from our main guild town in Ambato and started around the island, stopping at each town for an impromptu survey to see if the master plot was owned and/or if there were any dragon lairs available. It appears that for every 5-10 surface plots which are used primarily by bipeds, there is one dragon lair - and we have quite a few new dragons looking for homes.

So I flew in to Sil on my way around and discovered the master plot was available for purchase and it had a dragon lair as well. So I announced it in the guild channel and Yayoi, a Saris of some reknown, promptly came over and secured it for us.

Just past Sil there happened to be a destroyed bridge crossing the canyon that separates Sil from Haven and makes that approach impossible on foot. So now that we owned the town, it was figured it had become our responsibility to fix the bridge. A lot of work had already been done on it - the stone work to secure the huge poles that support the rope and wood bridge primarily, but there was still a lot of work to be done.

Friday, the first day of 2010, Aamer announced that we were going to fix that bridge and as folks logged on they set to work...

Anyone capable of harvesting Kenaf (a plant used for making fabic) was sent out into the fields and several of us Dragons, not being very adept at holding a harvest knife or the art of weaving, were on station as cargo haulers for both the unspun Kenaf as well as moving the finished spools to storage in Ambato.

Over the next few hours almost 15,000 spools of Kenaf were created and hauled to Ambato where high level weavers were turning them into rope bridge parts.

The next pieces required were elm construction braces - the work moved to lumber jacking, making logs into boards, hauling the boards back to Ambato, and carpenters making the braces. We Dragons, not being well versed in woodworking either (I tried, but only managed to burn the tree down), did the heavy lifting.

Once the construction braces were finished the various pieces were flown to the construction site where Harraldson, a Dwarven master weaponsmith and part-time carpenter set about applying the wooden parts on the Haven side of the bridge. On the Sil side Aamer set aside his bow and showed us his talents with ropes.

So, after about 8 hours of work from about 30 different people throughout the day, we gathered on the Sil side of the canyon. As Aamer dedicated the bridge to all of our friends, past, present, and future, Harraldson applied the last pieces and finished the bridge - which went from a few poles sticking out of the ground with some tattered rope hanging off of them to a finished, usable bridge before our very eyes.

Henceforth and forever, the bridge between Sil and Haven will be a testament to the teamwork and camaraderie of our guild - and years from now when I fly past that bridge I'll be able to say, "I helped build that". :)

Aywren

Istaria Correspondent

1/03/10 10:47:24 AM#18

I wish I had been there to help out with more than just the end. But it was wonderful to watch a community project come to life right before my eyes. And this was a great recap of the event, too!

Hopefully we'll see more of this with the T2 revamp coming up -- I know some things will have to be rebuilt or built anew. I'm looking forward to it! 

Thanks, as always, for sharing your experiences! :)

Aywren

Istaria Correspondent

1/04/10 8:27:37 PM#19

Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to ask if it was okay for me to repost this article up on our website new feed now that it has launched. I think this is such an excellent recap of the event -- I really couldn't write it better myself. :) 

User Deleted

OP  1/04/10 9:00:47 PM#20
Originally posted by Aywren

Sorry to double post, but I just wanted to ask if it was okay for me to repost this article up on our website new feed now that it has launched. I think this is such an excellent recap of the event -- I really couldn't write it better myself. :) 

Sure, I don't mind. Aamer has some pictures that would work well too.