Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Pirate101 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,683 Users Online:0
Games:752  Posts:6,270,319
Artifact Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/08/03)  | Pub:Virtrium
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Forum » General Discussion » This game still run like Crysis on a Geforce 2?

5 posts found
  JustBe

Apprentice Member

OP  7/26/08 8:07:44 PM#1

Man I remember trying this game a couple years ago and it ran soooooo badly on my x1950xtx, just wondering if it's still the same?

----------------------------------------
Talking about SWG much?

katriell

Novice Member

Boredom is in the temperament of the beholder.

7/27/08 8:24:32 AM#2

Runs fairly well on my Nvidia GeForce 6600GT 128MB / 1GB RAM / 2.4GHz AMD Athlon. Lag only happens after the game's been running for several hours or more.

My settings:
- fullscreen 1280x1024
- max Graphic Detail
- max textures
- one-quarter view distance
- I can enable terrain clutter without performance impact, but I choose not to so I can spot small herb resources on the ground more easily.
- Cloth simulation disabled due to personal preference. I don't know exactly how much it affects performance when enabled because I've had it disabled for a long time, but according to my vague memory, its effect was minimal.
- spell effects enabled
- Shadows disabled due to personal preference. When enabled, their performance impact is small or nonexistent.
- decals enabled
- antialiasing forced via graphics card settings: 4x multisampling
- anisotropic filtering forced via graphics card settings: 4x

-----------

In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

dand3

Novice Member

7/28/08 9:41:09 PM#3

Similar experience here;

7900GS AGP (=~7600 GT); 2G RAM; 1280 X 960

Max View Distance

2X AA, not sure about AF.

Otherwise, settings very similar to Katriell's; except I remember that cloth simulation made a big difference back in the day.

Systems have gotten better, and the devs have also made improvements to the game; for example some items had crazy high polygon counts and have been redesigned.

Game runs smoothly, no hitching.

green13

Advanced Member

7/28/08 10:09:44 PM#4

I have an old Radeon 9600 / 2GB RAM / 3.0 GHz. I could only play with the graphics settings turned right down, but the game performance was fine.

Game performance has improved greatly over what it was several years ago - which was ridiculously laggy.

But I could only play for about 4 hours at a stretch before needing to reboot my machine and load times when zoning can take 5+ minutes.

Ravik

Novice Member

8/02/08 7:28:54 AM#5

I remember playing this game when it first came out, 19 fps was actually good and it would usually drop down to 8.

I tried the trial a few months ago to check it out and things seemed to be better but some animations still seemed choppy, but I think thats just the game.

Make games you want to play.