Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Albion Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,151 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,519
Artifact Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/08/03)  | Pub:Virtrium
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

10 posts found
  Rizen21

Novice Member

OP  4/14/08 6:45:45 PM#1

Title says it, I like this game.

katriell

Novice Member

Boredom is in the temperament of the beholder.

4/15/08 6:37:20 AM#2

Welcome. :) If you need any help, you can ask here, or on the official forum, or of course in-game.

-----------

In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

Hadesprime

Novice Member

4/15/08 11:19:14 AM#3

a new player ?

I would be interested in your opinions after you have reached level 20.

be sure to come back with a followup.

Rizen21

Novice Member

OP  4/15/08 4:57:39 PM#4

So far I've taken Outfitter to 9, Blacksmith to 7, Cleric to 5, and Warrior to 4.

I'll keep you updated past 20, but so far so good

I think I want to make a shaman.

green13

Apprentice Member

4/16/08 1:58:41 AM#5

There's a website you should visit... it has a complete list of all the schools, their abilities and what spells they can cast. It's worth spending some time looking at this when planning your multiclassing to see what you want to do - so you have an idea of what classes go well together.

But my IE has chucked a wobbly and I had it saved there. Maybe someone else knows the URL?

If not, pm me with an email address and I can send it to you in an excel file.

User Deleted
4/16/08 2:49:07 AM#6

people still play this game?

katriell

Novice Member

Boredom is in the temperament of the beholder.

4/16/08 4:21:32 AM#7

green13: http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/

Wharg0ul: Yes.

-----------

In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

green13

Apprentice Member

4/16/08 4:38:47 AM#8

Originally posted by katriell

green13: http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/

Thanks Katriell - that's the one I was after.

To the OP, the two sections I think you'll want to spend some time with are Guides and Schools.

Also, if you haven't already, read this section on multi-classing. It may just be me but Horizon's multi-classing is a little more involved than it first appears. If you understand it properly and spend some time looking at the different adventuring schools, you'll have a much easier (and hopefully more fun) time.

Orlena

Novice Member

4/16/08 6:07:32 AM#9

Just a thought:

They said in their latest interview that they will be working on a tier 2 revamp after they complete the tier 6 Labyrinth.  So the developers seem to be well aware of the fact that the game needs content and changing post level 20.  While it is great to evaluate it at any level, in fairness to Virtrium when they've said "We are going to revamp this", it is better to look at what they have done and evaluate based on that.  So a much more accurate assessment of Virtrium's work would be to say "How is the game between levels 1 and 20?" and how are the things that they have changed and developed.

Hadesprime

Novice Member

4/16/08 6:54:29 AM#10

Originally posted by Orlena

Just a thought:

They said in their latest interview that they will be working on a tier 2 revamp after they complete the tier 6 Labyrinth.  So the developers seem to be well aware of the fact that the game needs content and changing post level 20.  While it is great to evaluate it at any level, in fairness to Virtrium when they've said "We are going to revamp this", it is better to look at what they have done and evaluate based on that.  So a much more accurate assessment of Virtrium's work would be to say "How is the game between levels 1 and 20?" and how are the things that they have changed and developed.

there are many offerings in addition to istaria. Competition dictates that people will offer no quarter to a developer because they can just go elsewhere.

In today's MMO market EQ2 and Vanguard offer better crafting systems than HZ and comparable housing systems. The adventuring side, just about every mmo offers a better experience there.  I mention this to illustrate that HZ doesn't provide a unique enough of an MMO experience to foster the... we gotta be fair to vitrium idea.

To note the game level 1 to 20 is now not half bad. But that was Tulga's work not Vitriums. To that end Vitrium hasen't done much since they took over other than to offer stability and competancy to the game. But then to be fair yes to be fair they do not have the person power that Tulga had. Its going to take them longer to get things done. But this isn't barney the purple dinosuar world where everyone loves one another.

Post level 20 is something they definitely need to take a hard look at. The trend for new players has been good to level 20. After level 20 they get bored and leave.  Last time I played was a few months ago. The post level 20 is still dismal. Its better as a dragon, perhaps they should change the name to istaria, The Dragon chronicles ?

Of course one could say that the best Vitrium can ever hope for is to break even. This game definitely seems to be a passion for them since they obviously aren't in it for the money. That would be a positive I guess.