|2 posts found|
OP 3/10/08 1:48:17 PM#1
The cold snows of February have just about been blown away as windy March races in. What is that saying about March coming roaring in like a lion? Well here at Virtrium, it isn't just the weather that is roaring in this month. Our whole development team has been hard at work on many projects and the results are beginning to show.
3/26/08 2:53:26 AM#2
In my email this evening.
And so it evolves; this should make adventurers and crafters more interdpendent. It's a significant change to gameplay which finishes the incomplete confectioners' school. Some of the recipes came from a player contest. Reports from players on the test server have been encouraging.
"This content patch contains one significant change, the revamp of the Confectioner school. There are many changes that go along with this update, many of which affect all players. Besides all the new foods that are available, below are some of the important confectioner related changes:
* The length of a death point is now tied to your potential rating. Potential rating is calculated by what your Adventurer rating would be if you were currently gaining experience in your highest level school. Beginning at level 10, the death point will last 8 hours. It will gain 4 hours for each Tier beyond (12, 16, ...) to a maximum of 28 hours.
* Confectioner school is now tied to the Primary Skill system. This means you will only get experience for actions that use the Cooking skill.
* Gatherers have obtained the Preparing skill, allowing them to gain XP assisting confectioners.
* Foods are available for all 6 tiers now.
* Eating food is much more effective (200%) when eaten in a tavern.
* Eating food cannot be done in combat or while standing.
* Foods are classified as Appetizers, Sides, Main Dishes, and Desserts.
* You must eat one of each part of a meal before eating another in order to gain full benefit and optimal use of your time.
* Confectioner trainers sell formulas for basic meals and processing steps for coin.
* Rare foods (player-submitted) as well as the processing forms for rare garnishes and resources are available from trainers and other NPCs around Istaria as quests.
* Dragons and Adventurers can gather rare resources/garnishes using Ingenuity.
* Eating foods at a tier lower (or higher) than your own will reduce the effectiveness.
You can find the full list of changes here: http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=261
We look forward to seeing you in Istaria.
- Community Manager