Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,885 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,505
Artifact Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 12/08/03)  | Pub:Virtrium
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted Forum » General Discussion » Stood the test of time a reminder of how open world MMO's used to be.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  NasherUK

Novice Member

8/11/13 5:20:09 AM#21

This game had a lot of potential, but I think it lacked the talent to carry it through. I remember playing it a couple of years after it got released and while it was fun and interesting, the bugs and terrible performance ruined it.  The fact the company that ran it didn't have a clue didn't help either (I think it's changed hands twice since then).

If they could update the engine and polish things up to more modern standards I think people would flock to this game, but I doubt it will ever happen now.

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

8/11/13 5:26:05 AM#22
Originally posted by Maca0716

The miltimillion dollar mmo's that have tanked so hard should be ashamed of themselves when a game like this with probably only about 500 players MAX is nearly a DECADE old and still pulling in a profit.

The crafting in this game is the best there ever has been in an MMO the ability to build houses from the first brick right down to the door you have on it.

Oh and Dragons beginning the game as a small dragon and eventually growing into something HUGE and powerful is a feeling that cannot be matched.

Biped multiclassing, you could with time master every class the game has to offer and be a god.

Devs of other games take note of what an MMO truely means, freedom to do almost anything you want.

Devs don't need to take note because opinions regarding 'best MMO evahhh' are subjective. And how many companies would want to dump millions to only end up with 500 players?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

2 Pages « 1 2 Search