The Marriage System in MapleStory is one of the more popular features of Nexon's side scrolling MMO. It's no easy process either. Requiring a special quest for an engagement ring, the acceptance of a partner, the sending of invitations, payment of fees, setting a date and more, the process is nearly a mirror of real world marriages...except for the 3-second divorce that set a record!
As with any marriage feature, a divorce system also needs to be included for those couples who simply cannot see eye-to-eye any more. It's not a cheap feature either as players have to fork over major amounts of in-game currency and lose their wedding rings which pack a great bonus that will surely be missed.
To date over 28,000 couples have married in MapleStory, 15,000 have divorced. Nexon also datamined other interesting statistics:
- The longest marriage in MapleStory is 1,100 days
- The shortest marriage in MapleStory is 3 seconds.
- The most number of marriages for a single user was 13 (which means 12 divorces!)
- The average # of days for couples that married and divorced in 2012 was 107 days.
- The average duration of a married couple in MapleStory is 518 days.
- The total duration of all marriages in MapleStory is 40,015,128 days.
- The day with the most marriages was January 7, 2012 with 115 total (January also had the most # of marriages total, October had the least).
- The month with the most divorces/broken engagements in MapleStory was July, 2012.
- The day with the most divorces/broken engagements in MapleStory was September 8, 2012 with 99 total.
Nexon has also sent out some interesting news about Valentine's Events in MapleStory as well as a fun new trailer. Check it out!