Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,591 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,205
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » China's Massively Illegal World of Warcraft Theme Park

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
26 posts found
  MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/16/13 7:32:47 AM#1

China's Massively Illegal World of Warcraft Theme Park

Wow WTF <-- and I mean that literally.

>.> dont say it!

here some more pictures if you interested.

the concept seem kinda cool I guess.

StonesDK

Hard Core Member

1/16/13 7:38:04 AM#2
China does that a lot. They copy everything from architecture, to movie/tv manuscripts, to whole towns. They pretty much copy everything because they have no laws against it
  Shmaw

Advanced Member

1/16/13 7:40:02 AM#3
Happiness index huh?  I like it.  China is notorious for stealing basically anything of value from a foreign company / country, and then reproducing it for resale.  Take BMW's X5 for example. 
  wartyxwt

Novice Member

1/16/13 8:14:58 AM#4
It's not actually illegal you know. But way cool, if I had money to do such things I would certainly have a looksie.
  User Deleted
1/16/13 8:22:42 AM#5

What they don't tell you is that it is actually an experiment in mutli-dimensional space.

On entering the park, your family is divided up into multiple parallel realities and cannot access each other except in the food court.  Fortunately, the entire amusement park is completely soloable and can be completed quickly.

Once completed, the family is regrouped in the food court where they wait in line and get teleported to a "dungeon" ride which they do over and over for several weeks until everyone has received their prizes.

*grin*

greenreen

Elite Member

1/16/13 8:26:51 AM#6

All true, there was once on article about them stealing Disney Parks piece by piece. Even taking on jobs there to get measurements of things inside.

One of my old professors had a story about China messing up some things in the early days of the internet. Because they didn't think they should have to follow rules, they re-used mac addresses on network cards that weren't numbers assigned to them. 

Fearum

Hard Core Member

1/16/13 8:33:05 AM#7
Thats taking WoW clone to whole different level.
  FromHell

Novice Member

1/16/13 8:35:54 AM#8
Originally posted by Fearum

hahahah :D true

And we can safely say that WoW is 100% themepark

Secrets of Dragon´s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

OP  1/16/13 10:25:01 AM#9
Originally posted by FromHell
Originally posted by Fearum

hahahah :D true

And we can safely say that WoW is 100% themepark

Yes perhaps the person that designed that THEMEPARK reads this forum a bit to literally when people talk about WoW clones being Themeparks

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/16/13 10:34:34 AM#10
The first picture is ripping off the first lotr movie.
  Beatnik59

Apprentice Member

"Playing things I shouldn''t be playing since 1977."

1/16/13 10:46:38 AM#11
The great thing about having a billion people in a market-driven world is that you are never wrong.  What's Blizzard going to do, sue?  Yeah right.  They may be able to get away with that "sue" stuff here, but over there, they'll just take WoW away in response. 

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
--Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

slickbizzle

Advanced Member

1/17/13 9:27:13 AM#12

I looked at the pictures at ign and I really don't see where they stole anything from Warcraft. Everything looks like it is generic fantasy stuff.  There are centaurs, dragons, etc... in almost every game out there.

Blizzard doesn't own the rights to dragons, centaurs, or pandas.  

bliss14

Hard Core Member

Ahh devil ether.

1/17/13 9:31:31 AM#13
We should put together an Alliance raid and invade the Horde's city.
  StonesDK

Hard Core Member

1/17/13 9:41:34 AM#14
Originally posted by Beatnik59
The great thing about having a billion people in a market-driven world is that you are never wrong.  What's Blizzard going to do, sue?  Yeah right.  They may be able to get away with that "sue" stuff here, but over there, they'll just take WoW away in response. 

You can't really sue somebody in a country that has no laws against that sort of thing. That's where the IGN reporter is kind of a moron when he uses words like "illegal" and "lets see how long it stays open"

Even though China has signed international copyright agreements they rarely if ever, inforces them

Talmien

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 9:52:05 AM#15

I think IGN is just trying to stir up controversy to get hits on their site.

Looking at those images I don't recognize any of them as being from World of Warcraft. It seems themepark designed with a fatnasy / catroony theme in mind, so its similiar but its not ripping off WoW.

TrunksZ

Novice Member

1/17/13 9:52:26 AM#16
Originally posted by slickbizzle

I looked at the pictures at ign and I really don't see where they stole anything from Warcraft. Everything looks like it is generic fantasy stuff.  There are centaurs, dragons, etc... in almost every game out there.

Blizzard doesn't own the rights to dragons, centaurs, or pandas.  

My thoughts exactly, is like saying that Warcraft  is a rip off of Warhammer.

bigcheeseuk

Apprentice Member

1/17/13 9:54:01 AM#17
Hardly going to harm sales though is it?
  jtcgs

Advanced Member

1/17/13 9:55:43 AM#18
Originally posted by TrunksZ

My thoughts exactly, is like saying that Warcraft  is a rip off of Warhammer.

Ahh, but Warcraft IS a ripoff of Warhammer...Blizzard lost the rights to Warhammer while the game which magically became Warcraft.

Anyway...if I go to China I would go to this place, looks great.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

Ramonski7

Spotlight Poster

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

1/17/13 9:59:10 AM#19
Looks nothing like WoW to me and the panda looks more like Po than any of the artwork I've seen from Blizzard.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

voxnor

Novice Member

1/17/13 10:14:21 AM#20

I'll post here what I posted in the other MMORPG thread about this:

I'd like to point out that almost (read below) all of the photos I can find via that link and through a few more are loosely, if at all, based on WoW. They appear to be generic fantasy elements (dragons, centaurs, elves, etc).

The one photo you can confirm is a WoW reference is a sign mentioning Kael'thas - and this could simply be a nod from the themepark designers to WoW.

While I would love a WoW themepark - this is a strecth.

"Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” - Voltaire

2 Pages 1 2 » Search