Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,091 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,078,975
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » What killed your WOW account?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
94 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 5:31:16 PM#21
Bc

I hadn't liked how vanilla wow had got more raider orientated the prior 9 months or so.

I thought bc might bring something new. But it was more grind shit to get gear to grind more shit. I realised wow for the loot addiction based game it was and quit.
  Thorbrand

Novice Member

11/18/12 5:33:04 PM#22
When they put in BGs.
  Grimmx

Advanced Member

11/18/12 5:43:50 PM#23

PvP graveyard spawning.

I was mining ore on my warrior when i bumped into another paladin who was obviously mining himself. I killed him 5 times with him popping back suiciding himself on me after a short while to annoy me. (he sucked at pvp)

I said &%¤ this #¤%&& pvp and logged off.

I could actually kill a guy then fight his buddy, only to have the guy i killed come back to make it a 2 vs 1 again.

This was one off several reasons that made me quit WoW.

Adoni

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 5:47:21 PM#24
My account will be closed for the I don't know how many times it's been. I keep thinking it's a good game and I am sure to a lot of people it is. But I think I have been trying to convince myself it is what I want to play and it isn't. So though close to WoW but just enough to be a little different I am giving Rift another shot. Though the chat seems to be a direct wow clone.
  Kendane

Novice Member

11/18/12 5:57:38 PM#25
Found myself doing dailys, and only dailys, or those weekly dungeon points grind. Realized thats a rather dumb way to play the game, as well as not really caring or knowing my guild members(no one talked much, you try to talk and you got lucky to have 2 min of chat). The guild part could be my own fault on not finding the right people of course. Story was rather bland too. You get a few spots where it showed progress in the war, and other spots where even after the quests, those Horde npcs you killed are still slaughtering Alliance ones. Mists looked interesting, but not interesting enough to warrent my buying it. 
  Cecropia

Gumshoe

Poacher killer.

11/18/12 6:06:39 PM#26
Originally posted by Thorbrand
When they put in BGs.

It was the same for me. I remember a RL friend I was on the phone with requesting me to join him in a BG before I even knew what it was (wasn't visiting forums in '04), he then explained to me that it was an "instance" and would be a lot of fun. It quickly became clear to me what kind of path the game was heading.

The entire reason for me playing WOW in the first place, was to experience the world of the Warcraft universe that I had enjoyed for so many years. Instances by nature are world destroyers, so I left before I became any more attached to the game than I already was.

Have some great memories from WOW, but I do not regret my decision to say adios when I did. 

"Chuck's a good fighter but he's a UFC fighter... this is Pride." - Quinton Rampage Jackson
"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Zoltos

Advanced Member

When im not here, it´s because im playing!

11/18/12 6:11:09 PM#27

Blizzards Greed and other more fun mmorpg´s...

I can´t see the reason to pay every month for a game and on top of that pay for the expansions. I mean we pay every month for the game so they can continue to develop and improve the game do we not? Or do we just pay so much for the service and the GM´s??

Playing now - GW2

Playing soon - GW2 and Darkfall 2.0 :)

Games Played: Anarchy Online,Star Wars Galaxies,WOW,Eve,Darkfall,Vanguard, Fallen Earth, Dungeons Dragons Online,SWTOR,GW2 and Tera
Now playing: SWTOR
Games looking forward to: Albion Online and Wildstar!

Oberholzer

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 6:11:36 PM#28
Pretty simple for me really. I was tired of playing it. Played it a long time, had a lot of fun, met a lot of nice people regardless of what everyone says about the community (remember folks assholes are everywhere not just in WoW). So I noticed I wasn't logging in anymore and quit. Not the first time that happened and I'm sure not the last.
  Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

11/18/12 6:13:58 PM#29
Originally posted by docshady
What killed your wow account?  Real life?  Another MMO?

Cataclysm. 

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

JackFrosty

Novice Member

11/18/12 6:14:15 PM#30
WoW just got boring for me. I distinctly remember standing around Dalaran one day and thinking "Why do I even login to play this game anymore?". That was the day I quit.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

Pivotelite

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 6:18:02 PM#31
New games, WoW just became out-dated and worse as time went on.

lootdudehaha

Novice Member

11/20/12 11:30:46 AM#32
well, i have switched to Guild War 2, i guess that's the reason that blizzard can't earn my bucks anymore.
  Thorkune

Spotlight Poster

Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!

11/20/12 11:34:10 AM#33
Gear and reputation grinds killed it for me.
  Rydeson

Hard Core Member

11/21/12 5:30:06 PM#34
Originally posted by dzoni87
Boredom of constant chasing neverending gear threadmill. That plus Cataclysm announcement :(

Exactly..  End game was a mind numbing meaningless treadmill..  One tier after another after another..  If the game promoted the OPEN world moreso then the private instancing, and focused on social gaming instead of cliques I'd still be playing.. but oh well..

FrodoFragins

Hard Core Member

11/21/12 6:20:28 PM#35
I got sick of scheduling my life around a game in order to get the best gear.
  kadepsyson

Hard Core Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

11/21/12 6:23:26 PM#36

I found a direct correlation between the time I spent logged into World of Warcraft and the decrease of my ability to reason or perform simple tasks.

The more I played, the dumber I got.  So I quit before WoW removed enough of my neurons to render me incapable of saving myself from certain dumb.

El Psy Congroo

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

11/21/12 6:24:44 PM#37

there's something wrong with my wow account? Oh no!!!

@Kadepsyson: if you truly believe what you rote, you didn't remove yourself on time. Might as well keep playing.

kadepsyson

Hard Core Member

The doctors say his chances are 50/50...but there's only a 10% chance of that.

11/21/12 6:26:48 PM#38
Originally posted by Robokapp

there's something wrong with my wow account? Oh no!!!

@Kadepsyson: if you truly believe what you rote, you didn't remove yourself on time. Might as well keep playing.

I think what I "rote" and what you "rote" in response clearly substantiate my claims.

El Psy Congroo

doragon86

Elite Member

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

11/21/12 6:30:42 PM#39
When it became a second job and not a game. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
~Lord George Gordon Byron

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

11/21/12 6:32:37 PM#40
Originally posted by doragon86
When it became a second job and not a game. 

I wish my job was like that...think they'd look at my resume ?

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search