Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,046 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,026
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Does anyone know people like this [WoW bashing]

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
32 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  10/18/12 3:30:20 AM#1

I have a friend that stopped playing at the end of TBC, yet still thinks he's an authority on comparing WoW to newer MMOs. He'll go on and on about how this new MMO has these new features and groundbreaking stuff, not realizing WoW's had them for YEARS in some cases.

He pissed me off so much I got passionate about it (a character flaw I have) and had to post it here.

I wonder how many people are actually like this on these forums - having played WoW years ago, thinking it hasn't changed since and comparing it from memory to new games coming out today.

Shadoed

Advanced Member

10/18/12 4:03:50 AM#2

Not unique by any stretch of the imagination, you see the same thing here time and time again with what seems to me people trying to justify why they left the game when in all reality it doesn't require any justification because if you burned out, just plain don't like the game or got bored with it, the right thing to do is leave and find something you do enjoy.

I will never to this day understand why people have to bash this or any other game they used to play because 'it went in the wrong direction' or they burned through the content too fast because if it falls out of your favour or you don't feel there is anything left for you there just move on and enjoy something else. I did the same with EvE a long time back where i had two accounts running and i just got to the point where the game was eating into my social and working life, so i dropped it and moved on to something that suited me better.

There you go, had my rant too now :)

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

delete5230

Elite Member

10/18/12 9:09:00 PM#3
Originally posted by Shadoed

Not unique by any stretch of the imagination, you see the same thing here time and time again with what seems to me people trying to justify why they left the game when in all reality it doesn't require any justification because if you burned out, just plain don't like the game or got bored with it, the right thing to do is leave and find something you do enjoy.

I will never to this day understand why people have to bash this or any other game they used to play because 'it went in the wrong direction' or they burned through the content too fast because if it falls out of your favour or you don't feel there is anything left for you there just move on and enjoy something else. I did the same with EvE a long time back where i had two accounts running and i just got to the point where the game was eating into my social and working life, so i dropped it and moved on to something that suited me better.

Well its not about burn out, it's about they changed the game compleatly !!!!!.....Millions still play anyway, millions are still starting, millions are mad as hell.

I'll try and explain why people have to bash.  It's easy.  People don't like when you take something they like away from them.

- Blizzard could have made a new mmo called " WoW for kids "

- Blizzard could have created another Island instead of screwing around with game content.

- Blizzard could have made easy servers that players could join. ( after all, if they could make pvp and pve servers they could do this )

Instead they made the game easy fast so players WILL BUY EACH AND EVERY EXPANTION.....This is the bottom line !!

DavisFlight

Apprentice Member

10/18/12 9:10:41 PM#4
Originally posted by nsignific

I have a friend that stopped playing at the end of TBC, yet still thinks he's an authority on comparing WoW to newer MMOs. He'll go on and on about how this new MMO has these new features and groundbreaking stuff, not realizing WoW's had them for YEARS in some cases.

He pissed me off so much I got passionate about it (a character flaw I have) and had to post it here.

I wonder how many people are actually like this on these forums - having played WoW years ago, thinking it hasn't changed since and comparing it from memory to new games coming out today.

Hey its funny, considering WoW has never once in its entire run invented a new MMO feature. The most its done is take others and rebrand them (took LotRO's instancing style and called it "phasing"). 

Nothing in WoW is unique to WoW, another MMO already had it first. 

phantomghost

Elite Member

"Kill me, my man kills you, that's how you lose."

10/18/12 9:12:16 PM#5

/raises hand

Sounds like your friend knows what he is talking about.  Smart getting out at TBC.

"I see they watchin' me and takin' notes on my moves, Run up on me it's all I want I ain't got nothin' to lose."

Istavaan

Advanced Member

10/18/12 9:16:06 PM#6

All wow's features are taken from other games, none are original ideas.

speedymcman

Novice Member

10/18/12 10:45:26 PM#7

WoW is still the same game it was eight years ago. It's a rat race for gear. Only difference with each new expansion is that Blizzard makes it easier for the newer player to jump on in and start that gear grind.

NeokiNaomi

Advanced Member

In der ruhe kommt die kraft.

10/18/12 10:57:26 PM#8

Originally posted by speedymcman

Originally posted by nsignific I have a friend that stopped playing at the end of TBC, yet still thinks he's an authority on comparing WoW to newer MMOs. He'll go on and on about how this new MMO has these new features and groundbreaking stuff, not realizing WoW's had them for YEARS in some cases. He pissed me off so much I got passionate about it (a character flaw I have) and had to post it here. I wonder how many people are actually like this on these forums - having played WoW years ago, thinking it hasn't changed since and comparing it from memory to new games coming out today.
WoW is still the same game it was eight years ago. It's a rat race for gear. Only difference with each new expansion is that Blizzard makes it easier for the newer player to jump on in and start that gear grind.

This is correct, I played wow at Alpha stage, then again in closed beta, then again at launch, played the living hell out of it during it's infancy (Vanilla). Then I played a bit in TBC (Mostly just did Arena's, no raiding), then did lots of raiding and arena's in Wrath. Cata was laughable for me, I already had Gladiator 3 times, so I got to 85 and got herioc geared and then quit until Panda Land came out. My best buddy and I got bored 2days before panda expac and then decided to try the game again together, we had and are still having fun.

However most if not 70% of that fun is from blowing through and re-doing old content (Raids and such). The game truly has become nothing more than a race for gear, race for titles and lastly, massive stroke of epeen goodness. The only true originality Blizzard put into this game, is massive amounts of intelligent marketing procedures that I wish other great games would follow so they could be more recognized.

Regardless, I'm still playing wow, mostly just to prevent myself from burning myself out too fast on Planetside 2 before it even launches.

TwitchTV:NeokiLIVE

Shadoed

Advanced Member

10/19/12 6:41:17 AM#9
Originally posted by delete5230
Originally posted by Shadoed

Well its not about burn out, it's about they changed the game compleatly !!!!!.....Millions still play anyway, millions are still starting, millions are mad as hell.

I'll try and explain why people have to bash.  It's easy.  People don't like when you take something they like away from them.

- Blizzard could have made a new mmo called " WoW for kids "

- Blizzard could have created another Island instead of screwing around with game content.

- Blizzard could have made easy servers that players could join. ( after all, if they could make pvp and pve servers they could do this )

Instead they made the game easy fast so players WILL BUY EACH AND EVERY EXPANTION.....This is the bottom line !!

^^^ Case in point!

I never said it was all about burn out, if you read the highlighted section again it covers most reasons why you wouldn't play a game anymore.

You are right, people don't like having things they like taken away, but when it happens they vote with their wallets and say that they will not support that brand, company or provider anymore then move on somewhere else to get what they require. My satellite provider stopped providing me with the value i expected so i moved to a cable supplier, i spoke to them and told them why i was leaving and explained what would have kept me as a customer, what i don't do is call them every day asking them why they won't give me what i want and tell every person that still has that satellite service that they are crazy for doing so because that is their choice.

If you spend your whole life thinking "Wouldda, Shouldda, Couldda" you will drive yourself to dispair.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

zimboy69

Apprentice Member

10/19/12 8:33:55 AM#10

about 3 months ago i went to try wow out again 

before that  the last time i played was TBC  and i  left   about 6 months after  

when i restaarted i couldnt get past lvl  15    

personaly  i was expecting  things like old graphics and  quest hearts  but what got me was the controls 

i remember years ago moving from wow  to  other games and thinking  how bad the controls are   but going back to wow i just had the same feeling

but the game looked really old and i just dont understand how people can play it for years and years

atm i can because there is new content with MOP  but  in a few months  i realy dont understand  what they will be  doing  once the new content has run out

and if  anything i saw  is repeted like collect 10 rat tails or collecting armour  and weapons ectra  then  why are people still playing

it sure must feel like tread mill

Greyhooff

Novice Member

10/27/12 1:38:27 PM#11

I just pity people who still play WoW, having replayed it the last few weeks to compare it to more recent MMOs.

Pandaria just feels so dated and so boring. It's not just the graphics, though the ugly blocky 2004 graphics don't help. It's actually the gameplay itself. It was such good gameplay a few years ago, but so many MMOs since then have innovated and changed things up.

GW2 gameplay is just miles better than WoW's in both PVE and PVP. It just doesn't have any gear grind, and some players really want the gear grind, so they play WoW. They should probably try Rift since it has a great raiding game, but whatever. I don't really want to run the rat race any more, but those who do are still playing WoW for that, and that alone.

Kasmos

Advanced Member

10/27/12 6:09:07 PM#12
Originally posted by phantomghost

/raises hand

Sounds like your friend knows what he is talking about.  Smart getting out at TBC.

Basically this, Wow Vanilla was unbelievable, then they decided to cater to everyone including computerly challenged adults and kids.

mmoguy43

Spotlight Poster

10/27/12 6:17:04 PM#13

Ok, just don't stab your friend.

You are probably both right to some degree.

Let's build the ultimate MMO 1 feature at a time
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/398555/page/1

"blocked nariusseldon since forever"

Bossalinie

Apprentice Member

10/27/12 6:25:14 PM#14
Originally posted by Greyhooff

I just pity people who still play WoW, having replayed it the last few weeks to compare it to more recent MMOs.

Pandaria just feels so dated and so boring. It's not just the graphics, though the ugly blocky 2004 graphics don't help. It's actually the gameplay itself. It was such good gameplay a few years ago, but so many MMOs since then have innovated and changed things up.

GW2 gameplay is just miles better than WoW's in both PVE and PVP. It just doesn't have any gear grind, and some players really want the gear grind, so they play WoW. They should probably try Rift since it has a great raiding game, but whatever. I don't really want to run the rat race any more, but those who do are still playing WoW for that, and that alone.

Thw multiple millions don't need your pity. Just because you don't like means there's something wrong with them.

Hokie

Hard Core Member

Hey Devs, just so you know. The more you give us to play with, the more we play.

10/27/12 6:28:10 PM#15
Originally posted by Istavaan

All wow's features are taken from other games, none are original ideas.

^This^

WoW pulled heavily from WAR as an example. While theres nothing wrong with that, your friend is correct, WoW hasnt done anything original since it released, except for phasing. Thats their only orginal additon to MMO since it released 8+ years ago, phasing.

Its more of a sad fact WoW players dont realise this.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

poliboy

Apprentice Member

10/27/12 6:42:55 PM#16

Is just freaking funny.

You all hate the game, but the game still has a very strong fan base.

the game still makes more profit than any other game or games combined.

People need to realize that 90% of wow  players are casual players.

that means, blizzard built the game to please those who pay their bills.

People like to play for gear is the nature of humans.

today you have a toyota but if you can get a BMW, why not go for it.

People like having the latest and best.

Am i wrong?

Why hate on blizzard? when all they do is make money.

Who cares if they stole ideas from other games.

they are smart enough to sell it  to their fan base.

Hate on losers not on Winners.

danmax67

Novice Member

10/27/12 6:51:30 PM#17
Originally posted by poliboy

Is just freaking funny.

Am i wrong?

McDonald's makes more money than Cafe des Artistes. I'm pretty sure that doesn't make it a better restaurant.  Your analogy is all wrong. WoW is the Toyota that many people drive. They don't realize that the BMW's are out there, in most cases for a better cost.

poliboy

Apprentice Member

10/27/12 6:53:14 PM#18
Originally posted by danmax67

Is just freaking funny.

Am i wrong?

McDonald's makes more money than Cafe des Artistes. I'm pretty sure that doesn't make it a better restaurant.  Your analogy is all wrong. WoW is the Toyota that many people drive. They don't realize that the BMW's are out there, in most cases for a better cost.

Yeah, that is why 9m+ still play the game?

You telling me 9m+ are ignorants?

mark2123

Advanced Member

10/29/12 7:03:39 AM#19
Originally posted by Greyhooff

I pity anyone who doesn't drive a Ferrari  - no wait a minute, get a life and don't put people down because they don't do or like what you do!

mark2123

Advanced Member

10/29/12 7:04:43 AM#20

Is just freaking funny.

Am i wrong?

+1

2 Pages 1 2 » Search