Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,379 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,609
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » Game Suggestions » Who is happy with the upcoming expansion?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
36 posts found
  gabox

Novice Member

OP  10/26/11 11:30:05 AM#1

Seriously but who mature player

is going to play a panda?

I think Blizzard wish to get more kids in the game

since is losing its mature base player.

LIke many players, after the Cataclysm fiasco,

I was wating for a future best expansion for WoW

like the so waited "Emerald Dream" or

"the titans come to azeroth" but

we get this pandarien expansion.

Katilla

Hard Core Member

"Who needs reality....i have a good game right here..."

10/26/11 12:33:58 PM#2

basically they were just waiting for TOR to announce a release date so they could throw in a hasty expansion.  The fact that they waited until afterwards to try to take the attention off of TOR means to me that they actually feel threatened.

BlackWatch

Advanced Member

licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

10/26/11 12:35:55 PM#3

I think N.America thinks it's garbage.

Cute... carbage.

Asian markets will like it.

Box sales there will be huge, I'm sure.

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

10/26/11 12:41:50 PM#4

It's not awful, but it strikes me as incredibly random.  How do you go from invading outland, to killing Arthas, to saving Azeroth from the brink of destruction by killing Deathwing, to ummm...running around on an Asian themed continent filled with panda bear monks?

Reminds me of the random, off-the-wall Everquest expansions SOE puts out like every 6 months.

Fozzik

Novice Member

10/26/11 12:41:57 PM#5

If GW2 hasn't released yet, I will indeed buy the expansion, play a panda monk, and I'll have some fun doing it.

I'm somewhat pissed off about the flying thing...taking away all the skills I spent so much money on getting and taking away my ability to fly until I level to max. Also, I'm a little annoyed at the continued dumbing down of class mechanics. But since there's plenty of other things that sound and look cool about the expansion, I can deal with it.

I don't really care about the "integrity" or "seriousness" or "maturity" of the game... it's WoW, people. Has it ever really had any of those things? It's cartoony, contains tons of pop culture references and stupid puns, and has tons of quests where you do things like throw your shoe at lazy peons. Can you really say that pandas are going to make a difference?

WoW is an awesome game for what it is, and I'm glad it has provided me with at least a reasonable MMORPG fix for my addiction while I've waited all these years for something better. Hopefully the wait will be over soon, but in the meantime... bring on the kung fu.

SuperXero89

Advanced Member

10/26/11 12:45:24 PM#6
Originally posted by Fozzik

If GW2 hasn't released yet, I will indeed buy the expansion, play a panda monk, and I'll have some fun doing it.

I'm somewhat pissed off about the flying thing...taking away all the skills I spent so much money on getting and taking away my ability to fly until I level to max. 

This is the one thing I don't understand.  So are they saying that I will not be able to fly in Azeroth, Northrend, Outland, and Pandaria until I reach levle 90 once the expansion goes live or will I just not be able to fly in Pandaria?

Fozzik

Novice Member

10/26/11 12:48:16 PM#7

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I'm somewhat pissed off about the flying thing...taking away all the skills I spent so much money on getting and taking away my ability to fly until I level to max. 

This is the one thing I don't understand.  So are they saying that I will not be able to fly in Azeroth, Northrend, Outland, and Pandaria until I reach levle 90 once the expansion goes live or will I just not be able to fly in Pandaria?

They are taking away your ability to fly completely. You won't be able to fly at all, anywhere, until you buy the new flying skill at level 90.

It will mean that some of the content in prior expansions will need to be changed, but what they will probably do is just add NPCs that provide you with temporary flying mounts for those quests where they are required (like they have already done in a few places).

They want players to be more connected and more "present" in the world. A lot of elements they added to the game in the past caused players to pretty much never be in the world at all. Most people just flew over everything or sat in cities waiting for instances (which isn't really a surprise, I'm not sure why they didn't see it coming).

Jimmydean

Advanced Member

10/26/11 12:50:16 PM#8

I am coming back for the new expansion. Not for pandas, not for the asian theme, but for Monks.  I played a Monk in EQ1 for 8 years, and in EQ 2 for almost as long now, and it is my absolute favorite class in any RPG/MMO setting. I will be playing Monk in MoP, and I will be playing Monk in D3!

That being said, I still hate blizzard.

Dragonantis

Apprentice Member

10/26/11 12:50:20 PM#9

I am happy about this expansion, we finally get to why I wanted to play wow in the first place, 2 factions battling for power, this time with no world ending dragons or gods to get in the way.

Im gonna enjoy ganking the hell out of Orgrimmar XD

User Deleted
10/26/11 12:50:22 PM#10

Expansion doesn't interest me at all, I got 3 weeks left on my account and not even playing it . I been having some fun in Wizard 101 and waiting on Skyrim for my 360 .

nomss

Apprentice Member

10/26/11 12:52:22 PM#11

I'm intriged. But I don't think I'll be getting it... If this comes out before TOR maybe... no... most likely not.

Guild Wars 2's 50 minutes game play video:
http://n4g.com/news/592585/guild-wars-2-50-minutes-of-pure-gameplay
Everything We Know about GW2:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287180/page/1

Maggon

Novice Member

10/26/11 12:53:32 PM#12

Tbh, I love panda's and im 24, and i'll certainly be playing one, besides that, then I'm actually quite happy with what they are putting into the expansion, so I am indeed one of those who thinks its pretty exciting :)

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

10/26/11 12:55:30 PM#13

While I think the outcry was a tad extreme over the panda's. I haven't seen anything in this expansion that would change the fact I have no interest in WOW. More of the same as far as theme goes IMO.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

User Deleted
10/26/11 1:01:41 PM#14

the only way i'd ever play WoW again is if it went truly F2P so i can fool around on it until GW2 comes out.

nomss

Apprentice Member

10/26/11 1:06:15 PM#15

Wait until you see this xPac sell more than TOR lol

Guild Wars 2's 50 minutes game play video:
http://n4g.com/news/592585/guild-wars-2-50-minutes-of-pure-gameplay
Everything We Know about GW2:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287180/page/1

oobla

Apprentice Member

10/26/11 1:12:04 PM#16

I've been playing WoW for seven years now with breaks . I havn't been paticulary happy with the ways its been going but I've hung in there hoping things might improve but this expansion has really shocked me . When people first started talking about it in guild chat a few days ago I thought it was a joke . Which was what prompted me to come onto this site to look at the news . Pretty much of the majority of content in WoW untill now loosly fits into celtic ,greek or norse myth . Its always been tounge in cheek but the new expansion quite frankly seams like a joke to me .

I know these Pandas are in the WoW lore but to me as the subject of an expansion pack it seams week and a playable race they seam very childish . I understand some adults would want to play them and I wouldn't judge them for it but they arn't for me and they arn't the entire reason I've decided to finally leave WoW its more the subject of the expansion is really indicative of the entire direction the game is heading . I don't think it will get any better following this if anything its going to get more and more silly .

There will always be people who will support anything Blizzard do . Even if Blizzard made a playable race of robot chickens that shoot eggs out of their butts there would be people that would support it and say how it fits into the lore and how its no more silly than say the Gnome mounts or other things in WoW . The ardent fan will defend anything but its the rest of us who will end up deciding whether its a mistake or not .

Even though lots of people in these forums seam to be very vocally for it the impression I'm getting in game is the community is pretty much split down the middle over it so I really don't know how this will pan out . I think sales will be well down on previous expansions although it will still be deamed a success .

As for myself I don't intend to invest in this expasnion . I have a couple of months to play out on my subscription after that I will most likly try some of the other mmos on the market . The new StarWars one appeals to me and I enjoyed the trial I played in Rift recently  .But should I not find one I enjoy I'll give up the mmo genre and go back to playing single player games for a while .

oobla

Apprentice Member

10/26/11 1:19:31 PM#17
Originally posted by nomss

Wait until you see this xPac sell more than TOR lol

If it doesn't theres  something seriously wrong because Warcraft has an established player base where as TOR is a new game . World of Warcraft upon its release didn't have an instant 12 million player base it grew over time . From what read  I've pre-orders for the the new StarWars game have broken the records set by the original World of Warcraft game 7 years ago so it will open to a pretty large player base . How many of them stay depends on its quality but no one with any sence expects a new game to outsell an expansion to a established highly popular game like Warcraft .

FTrunks21

Advanced Member

I will remain a soldier until the war is won.

10/26/11 7:14:31 PM#18

Im 28 years old and I'm comign back after quitting for 2 years just to play a pandaren monk despite how much I hate how they keep dumbing down the talent system and the game more and more. The hate towards this expansion is unbelievably stupid. 90% of the posts who say its stupid or blizzard is making a mistake are trolls anyways, just tryign to stir up the people.

In no way is this expansion ruining the game.Them making it easier and easier and holding your hand thru the talents and handing you epics is.

grawss

Novice Member

10/26/11 7:24:14 PM#19

I like pretty much everything they're doing sans a few features, but Pandas are fine, the pet battle system is great, the new class is kind of meh (I hated death knights), no flying mounts is great, the story is good so far (I don't know too much about it), the the talent system is great.

With that said, I'll probably just borrow a friend's account for the pet battle system if I can. I'm not really interested in themepark MMORPGs anymore. If PvP is amazing, I'll buy the expansion, but other than that there isn't much that could bring me back.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

Drekker17

Apprentice Member

10/26/11 7:29:36 PM#20
Originally posted by SuperXero89

You will not be able to fly in Pandaria. Just like azeroth flying worked, you could fly in BC and Wotlk zones, but not in Azeroth...so you still will be able to fly in Azeroth, Outland and Northrend...just not Pandaria.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
"Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

2 Pages 1 2 » Search