Trending Games | Cabal 2 | The Secret World | Neverwinter | Crowfall

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,964,480 Users Online:0
Games:812  Posts:6,411,534
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Intimidated newbie...

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Loke666

Elite Member

8/09/14 7:31:26 PM#21
Originally posted by haibey

So its been ten years since release...I bought WoW but never played. I'm unsure why. I have since played GW,GW2,SWTOR,Neverwinter,DDO...and am not pleased.

I want to try World of Warcraft, especially now that its free to try till level 15 , but still have my apprehensions. Can I still have fun starting out as a new player this "late" in the lifecycle?

How hardcore do I have to be, time wise, to enjoy pvp and immerse myself in the world?

This post may not make sense, but I hope for some constructive responses. Thank you!

The best way is to join a beginner friendly guild. PUGing is always a at best somewhat frustrating and for a noob it is a really bad experience.

A good guild will help you learn the ropes and make things more fun as you play.

How much time you need to put in depends on the guild but I say at least an hour a day and somewhat more in the weekends.

And yes, you should still be able to have fun in Wow (or any other MMO that is a few years old) as long as you find the right people to play with.

Another option is to get a few friends to start as well so you have some other new players to play with.

Loke666

Elite Member

8/09/14 7:36:33 PM#22
Originally posted by Bukk24

Just look at the original OP's history.... first post .." I have had some flak..etc etc.." ...bull and ..well yes ...

The style of writing is just woeful...the writer who must be employed with a wavy blizzard flag should be thoroughly sacked for being amazingly crap

...Warcraft is a great game....but this style of marketing is shite...or pick someone whom has it...

"I played 15 levels of Wow and want to try to play it some more"? Yeah that sounds a lot like someone who is getting payed for it and not just a noob who made an account here in hopes to get some input.

Better take on that tinfoil hat as well, Blizzard might use mind control as another marketing trick.

And no, I am not an employee of Blizzard. 

Arthasm

Advanced Member

8/10/14 4:18:28 AM#23
Moon Guard or Argent Dawn (US) for roleplay. Though, I don't know about population, in EU seems pretty dead.
  sadWinds

Apprentice Member

8/13/14 2:20:33 AM#24
Originally posted by haibey

So its been ten years since release...I bought WoW but never played. I'm unsure why. I have since played GW,GW2,SWTOR,Neverwinter,DDO...and am not pleased.

I want to try World of Warcraft, especially now that its free to try till level 15 , but still have my apprehensions. Can I still have fun starting out as a new player this "late" in the lifecycle?

How hardcore do I have to be, time wise, to enjoy pvp and immerse myself in the world?

This post may not make sense, but I hope for some constructive responses. Thank you!

It is possible to have fun as a new player even if you came in late.. But you gotta give yourself a few weeks to get yourself accustomed to tons of abilities for each classes(although in pve, you'll only gonna use half of them).

You can be a casual and enjoy pvp(if you are sufficiently geared) just like the rest does primarily through random bgs and yolo rated bgs.. but if you want to take your `enjoyment` of pvp to the next level, consider doing arenas(I've never looked backs since I've tried it lol)

If you are jumping into pvp at low levels, expect yourself to get one or two shotted by twinks(low level pvp is high imbalanced) and if you jump into pvp at max level with green quest gears, expect yourself to be fodder till you had full 522.

I could really go on and on bout pvp but i'll spare you the details... GL and HF in whatever games your playing.. whether you choose or not to stay in azeroth!

Tinea

Novice Member

8/14/14 5:55:09 PM#25
I'm confused... if OP bought WoW but never played doesn't that mean that the level cap is 50 for him?  Not sure what kind of restrictions the game has for someone with only the original game.  If the game is already bought and paid for, might as well play it and find out for yourself!  Just don't expect a lot of interaction while leveling up.  If you queue for a dungeon group while leveling, it will be go go go hurry up in most cases.  Not intimidating, just annoying if you're seeing things for the first time.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search