Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,888 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,902
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Why World of Warcraft is the King of Kings, The Greatest, The number one of all MMO's.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search
177 posts found
  GeezerGamer

Elite Member

It's a combination of Nightingale Armor with the Mod Truebound Deadric Armors

2/04/14 3:33:57 PM#101
Originally posted by Darknessguy64
Originally posted by GeezerGamer
Originally posted by Mpfive
If WoW was released in this day an age, it would sink faster then SWTOR

If we are going to discuss "What Ifs", can we at least make them realistc or possible ones? This "What If" is entirely impossible and as such subject to your whim. 

What If no MMORPG was ever released before and now in 2014 Vanilla WoW, An aging game that was plagued with delays and complications for over a decade before it's release, now makes it's debut?

Seriously now. That's not what happened.

What if WoW chose NOT to use the holy Trinity?

What if WoW was a sandbox MMO instead of themepark? Would all the WoW clones be sandbox MMO's too?

Exactly

Recently started playing SWTOR. I am posting updates to my experience in this thread:
SWTOR Experience

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

2/04/14 3:44:41 PM#102
11m Pandas, it truly is the greatest, hallelujah.
  Beauman

Advanced Member

2/18/14 9:08:01 PM#103
Originally posted by Wizardry

If i was to scour the entire gaming database for ideas,there is not ONE single aspect of game design i would use from Wow.So how does that shake you for quality?

What has been hilarious to watch is how Wow an identical copy of EQ2 but with cheaper graphics tries to claim it is a great game,yet it is just a copy.I find it peculiar that Blizzard having been EQ1 players made a copy cat version of EQ2 and not EQ,since they said they were influenced by EQ1.My guess is they somehow got wind of the EQ2 design and chose to compete directly with it and they most certainly did copy the template,exactly.

So here we have two IDENTICAL games,EQ2 has better lighting,graphics,textures and housing,guild halls overall a much better product doing the exact same thing.

SO how could Wow be the best when it is not even on par with the same game it copied?

Even better is that FFXI came out before both EQ2 and Wow and designed a MUCH more in depth game and has left both games in the dust when comes to creating variable content.

Sorry but Wow can't beat the game it copied and can't beat a PS2 game in FFXI ,idk maybe it can boast being better than some Indie f2p game?

Besides i believe Farmville had probably 50+x more players than Wow,is Farmville the best game on the market?

Wait. So WoW managed to copy EQ2 before EQ2 was even released, considering EQ2 only launched a week or two before WoW in November 2004?

Interesting.

Though, yes, while WoW most definitely borrowed their core design from aspects of EQ1, WoW also vastly improved on what EQ1 was by 2004. Just as EQ2, which was much more hardcore at its release, about a year later started changing its design to become easier and more accessible like WoW.

EQ2 actually started trying to become more and more like WoW to commercially compete, not the other way around. There were enough launch players complaining about those changes in the EQ2 forums by late 2005, too.

WoW began development in 1999, and if you played EQ2 at launch, you would realize the two were very different games at the time. It was EQ2 that then changed, taking things from WoW fairly quickly. Yes, I was in both games from 2004-2006, then just decided to stick with WoW until last year.

Doogiehowser

Elite Member

2/18/14 9:14:25 PM#104

If i was to scour the entire gaming database for ideas,there is not ONE single aspect of game design i would use from Wow.So how does that shake you for quality?

What has been hilarious to watch is how Wow an identical copy of EQ2 but with cheaper graphics tries to claim it is a great game,yet it is just a copy.I find it peculiar that Blizzard having been EQ1 players made a copy cat version of EQ2 and not EQ,since they said they were influenced by EQ1.My guess is they somehow got wind of the EQ2 design and chose to compete directly with it and they most certainly did copy the template,exactly.

So here we have two IDENTICAL games,EQ2 has better lighting,graphics,textures and housing,guild halls overall a much better product doing the exact same thing.

SO how could Wow be the best when it is not even on par with the same game it copied?

Even better is that FFXI came out before both EQ2 and Wow and designed a MUCH more in depth game and has left both games in the dust when comes to creating variable content.

Sorry but Wow can't beat the game it copied and can't beat a PS2 game in FFXI ,idk maybe it can boast being better than some Indie f2p game?

Besides i believe Farmville had probably 50+x more players than Wow,is Farmville the best game on the market?

Farmville is best for those who play it. is that a problem? or you just in habit of feeling better by putting down other who are atleast capable of enjoying their games? misery loves company really.

And how the hell did WOW managed to make a copy cat version of EQ2 when it was released before WOW and was also in development for much longer? unless they sent ninjas to Sony office to steal the blue prints or actually have a time travelling machine...care to explain how is that possible? its true when they say that 'hate often takes over logic and prudent thinking'.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

Gestankfaust

Novice Member

Very well. If you will not stop trolling threads, then I shall say.....NI!!

2/18/14 9:18:36 PM#105

You people crack me up.....

This is no more the "King" than Eve is. Doesn't matter any numbers. The masses that flock to the stagnet MMOs are no basis of popularity. Nice try though.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

laserit

Advanced Member

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

2/18/14 9:23:37 PM#106
Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Farmville is best for those who play it. is that a problem? or you just in habit of feeling better by putting down other who are atleast capable of enjoying their games? misery loves company really.

And how the hell did WOW managed to make a copy cat version of EQ2 when it was released before WOW and was also in development for much longer? unless they sent ninjas to Sony office to steal the blue prints or actually have a time travelling machine...care to explain how is that possible? its true when they say that 'hate often takes over logic and prudent thinking'.

It doesn't matter if one was released before the other. There are thing's like industrial espionage and insider information etc. etc. happens all the time.

Dollars to doughnuts, Blizzard sent Titan back to the drawing board when they did because of inside information concerning upcoming titles that showed Titan was probably not going to cut the mustard.

Just my humble opinion of coarse.

Zenimax kicked my dog

Doogiehowser

Elite Member

2/18/14 9:30:48 PM#107
Originally posted by laserit

It doesn't matter if one was released before the other. There are thing's like industrial espionage and insider information etc. etc. happens all the time.

Dollars to doughnuts, Blizzard sent Titan back to the drawing board when they did because of inside information concerning upcoming titles that showed Titan was probably not going to cut the mustard.

Sounds more like a conspiracy theory that Blizz did industrial espionage to steal ideas from EQ2 while it was still in making when anyone who played EQ2 knows that it started to change and model itself after WOW became success and it wasn't the other way around.

EQnext was also sent back to drawing board and started from scratch..so whats the big deal here if companies want to improve and make a better game?

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

laserit

Advanced Member

Confusius say: Man who go to bed with itchy bum wake up with stinky finger

2/18/14 9:41:51 PM#108
Originally posted by laserit

Sounds more like a conspiracy theory that Blizz did industrial espionage to steal ideas from EQ2 while it was still in making when anyone who played EQ2 knows that it started to change and model itself after WOW became success and it wasn't the other way around.

EQnext was also sent back to drawing board and started from scratch..so whats the big deal here if companies want to improve and make a better game?

It's not a big deal.

They're all guilty of "borrowing" each other's idea's. Many of the developer's know each other, have worked together in the past, have ongoing friendships, have drinks together etc. etc.

Zenimax kicked my dog

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/19/14 11:27:41 AM#109
Originally posted by Darknessguy64
Originally posted by GeezerGamer
If WoW was released in this day an age, it would sink faster then SWTOR

If we are going to discuss "What Ifs", can we at least make them realistc or possible ones? This "What If" is entirely impossible and as such subject to your whim. 

What If no MMORPG was ever released before and now in 2014 Vanilla WoW, An aging game that was plagued with delays and complications for over a decade before it's release, now makes it's debut?

Seriously now. That's not what happened.

What if WoW chose NOT to use the holy Trinity?

What if WoW was a sandbox MMO instead of themepark? Would all the WoW clones be sandbox MMO's too?

No because WOW would have went the way of every sandbox before it.

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

Spiider

Advanced Member

2/19/14 11:31:30 AM#110

It left my machine after 45 minutes of play loong time ago. I was never the guy who followed masses but then again I also dislike pointless TV shows and mass histeria around movie stars. I guess that pretty much defines what kind of audience likes wow.

King of kings? Not im my kingdom.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

Nadia

Elite Member

2/19/14 11:38:45 AM#111
Originally posted by Spiider

King of kings?          Not im my kingdom.

i like wow and have played it in the past

WOW is in my top 10 mmos - but not in my top 5

everyone has different tastes

Doogiehowser

Elite Member

2/19/14 11:42:28 AM#112

It left my machine after 45 minutes of play loong time ago. I was never the guy who followed masses but then again I also dislike pointless TV shows and mass histeria around movie stars. I guess that pretty much defines what kind of audience likes wow.

Yeah yeah we get it. you are special and unique individual who is 'different' and not just another face in the crowd. But let me tell you something shocking...almost everyone thinks like that about themselves.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

doodphace

Elite Member

2/19/14 11:45:41 AM#113

Neither am I, but I will tell you what I am a fan of......120 frames per second with 24 other raiders fighting the most challenging, complex, and pollished raid encounters in the industry.

Dalanon

Novice Member

2/19/14 11:46:59 AM#114
Vanilla wow was fun, BC was hard but fun, Lich was the high point of the game if you ask me, Cata was crap, and mists was fun to about level cap and then it felt like it went downhill after that. I'm hoping WoD turns out to be decent because you know Titan is still probably 10 years off the way blizz develops games.

Not all who wander are lost...

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/19/14 7:06:10 PM#115
Originally posted by Dalanon
Vanilla wow was fun, BC was hard but fun, Lich was the high point of the game if you ask me, Cata was crap, and mists was fun to about level cap and then it felt like it went downhill after that. I'm hoping WoD turns out to be decent because you know Titan is still probably 10 years off the way blizz develops games.

Most of my friends that have played through the game since the beginning have  similiar attitudes about the expansions. Catacalysm is considered the worst while they argue over whether BC or WOTK was the best. 

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

Zorgo

Hard Core Member

Who did wrong? The advertiser hired to sell the game or the consumer who put faith in advertising?

2/22/14 5:44:12 PM#116

I find it ironic that someone who watches TV at all feels comfortable saying he doesn't follow the masses.

I don't own a television - by personal choice.

I RARELY go to the movies. 

Therefore, I don't even know which movie stars the masses are getting hysterical about.

I think WoW is the highest quality, most polished mmo on the market, and yes, I've played quite a few.

Now tell me again that you have 'pegged' the personalities of 7.8 million individuals and know exactly what kind of an audience they are, and that every one of those millions upon millions of individuals are exactly the same.

Ender4

Advanced Member

2/22/14 6:44:22 PM#117

WoW is the highest quality MMORPG ever made from a pure movement/combat standpoint and that is the most important aspect of a MMORPG. I personally think the game has gotten worse over time but that is still the one thing I cannot argue against. Someone tried to compare it to SWTOR but there is no comparison, SWTOR is sluggish compared to WoW. Rift, WAR, SWTOR never stood a chance because the basic gameplay stunk. Wildstar and ESO are both eons behind WoW in this area as well though they are better than the others I listed. The only game coming anywhere near WoW in terms of basic gameplay is GW2 and that is why that game thrived despite the awful decision process that went into so many of its core functions.

fivoroth

Spotlight Poster

2/23/14 3:57:25 AM#118
Originally posted by Mors.Magne

This thread has no real content beyond being a sales pitch.

Please let this thread die and sink to the bottom.

Or it's just a troll bait thread..

Having the most subs doesn't make it a better game

But it's probably the only objective criteria. Any opinions on quality can never be objective. The only thing on which you can be objective is financial success. On that front is miles ahead of everything else.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

HellCaster

Novice Member

2/24/14 12:45:43 PM#119

It was fun for a while but I haven't subbed to WoW since 2010, and while I don't think the game is horrible, I never plan to sub to it again.

There are too many new options out there.

Playing: ESO and trying out WildStar

SonofSeth

Novice Member

Find a form
is free to roam

3/02/14 3:16:20 PM#120
WoW is still the best Game out of all the MMOs, when there is a Virtual World, that also equal or better than WoW in it's gameplay, I'll be right there with anyone else on these forums.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » Search