Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,480 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,793
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » My first 20 levels in the new WoW

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

There... are... four... lights!

9/05/13 8:57:29 AM#21
Originally posted by Icewhite
Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

actualy i made 24 now and have 50 gold, which is more then enough to pay for improtant things... all i had to do is drop my prices.... to half what others are asking...

That actually sounds astonishingly familiar; turning a 40s stake into a million gold+.

Diligence in working your auctions every morning, rain or shine. But one day you may note that your reasons=to-level-up are entirely different...who cares about getting more powerful, I just need access to better income-producing goodies...and another bank alt...and more locker space...

You can never truly be a "newb" again; even on a new server, you just know too many tricks. Why farm, when I can get other people to farm for me?

This is actually the way it should be. Advantage should come from game knowledge more than from spreadsheet numbers. Something EQ clone MMOs (including WoW) have kinda forgotten, but it's still true for some parts thankfully.

Playing now: Archeage, WoW, Landmark, GW2

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

OP  9/05/13 3:13:09 PM#22
Originally posted by Icewhite

actualy i made 24 now and have 50 gold, which is more then enough to pay for improtant things... all i had to do is drop my prices.... to half what others are asking...

That actually sounds astonishingly familiar; turning a 40s stake into a million gold+.

Diligence in working your auctions every morning, rain or shine. But one day you may note that your reasons=to-level-up are entirely different...who cares about getting more powerful, I just need access to better income-producing goodies...and another bank alt...and more locker space...

You can never truly be a "newb" again; even on a new server, you just know too many tricks. Why farm, when I can get other people to farm for me?

There is only one reason i needed this gold... To go to an npc pay him 10 gold to stop me earning xp, and continue my story quests while they are still a bit challenging..

because after cataclysm it seems WoW has some very funnstories and lore to tell me... While i seem to realy enjoy the combat on my new monk....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations)
Currently playing : The Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar

Kuinn

Advanced Member

9/05/13 5:39:51 PM#23

And this is where it flaws, my story was left at level 14, and i was level 20, where at level 15 wearing greans and whites the quests was allready easy, continueing at level 20 was useless.  I think at this point i realise that Blizzard officially killed their own game... You can either play their amusing questlines but end up with subpar gear, or get good gear  the easy way playing dungeons but missing ou on the whole open world part of the game

There are solutions tough for the problems... They could divide the leveling game in 2 parts, xp from open world, no xp but good gear from dungeon runs..  But this would effectively slow down leveling pace..

or they could just set max levels for areas like GW2 has, leveling you down to the same level as the quests in those areas. This would allow you to continue the stories even when you have outleveled them by miles. On top of that it would ballance open world PvP, maybe give you a running chance against high level gankers... I think it would make things better in the end.

Actually you dont have the problem that you think you have, sort of, because it makes almost no difference if you runaround in whites or blues, it's still easy as heck, so you could just follow the story and ignore the dungeons.

Yes you will level a bit slower in lesser gear, but it's still not going to be hard, the low level dungeons almost feel like are there only for those who are in a hurry to get to the max level gear grinder, so if you are not in a hurry you can just skip the dungeons.

Perhaps not the best system but it is what it is now, the levels come quickly and you just breeze to the max level.

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

I believe in life before death... So dont forget to enjoy it while you still can.

OP  9/05/13 11:56:49 PM#24
Originally posted by Kuinn

And this is where it flaws, my story was left at level 14, and i was level 20, where at level 15 wearing greans and whites the quests was allready easy, continueing at level 20 was useless.  I think at this point i realise that Blizzard officially killed their own game... You can either play their amusing questlines but end up with subpar gear, or get good gear  the easy way playing dungeons but missing ou on the whole open world part of the game

There are solutions tough for the problems... They could divide the leveling game in 2 parts, xp from open world, no xp but good gear from dungeon runs..  But this would effectively slow down leveling pace..

or they could just set max levels for areas like GW2 has, leveling you down to the same level as the quests in those areas. This would allow you to continue the stories even when you have outleveled them by miles. On top of that it would ballance open world PvP, maybe give you a running chance against high level gankers... I think it would make things better in the end.

Actually you dont have the problem that you think you have, sort of, because it makes almost no difference if you runaround in whites or blues, it's still easy as heck, so you could just follow the story and ignore the dungeons.

Yes you will level a bit slower in lesser gear, but it's still not going to be hard, the low level dungeons almost feel like are there only for those who are in a hurry to get to the max level gear grinder, so if you are not in a hurry you can just skip the dungeons.

Perhaps not the best system but it is what it is now, the levels come quickly and you just breeze to the max level.

I dont play the dungeons for gear but mostly to experience the content.  

But currently i am quite happy, with the option to put XP off, allowing me to do both the dungeon and experience some of the great stories. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations)

Lord.Bachus

Elite Member

OP  9/07/13 1:10:47 PM#25

Here an update of my experience..

So i made it to level 22 and then locked my XP. This allowed me to play trough the stories of  Silverpine forest ( enough fuel to toroughly hate Worgen ) and Hilsbrad Foothills (where i became a Hero of the Horde) ... And finally getting to Ogrimar the Northern barrens and Ashenvale... All in all enough lore and stories to get me attached to my character and immersed intoo the world... On top of that, i have become quite rich for a level 22, i have over 300 gold, mostly from selling Wool (somehow linen is not selling at all at any resaonable prices, so it sells for 2 gold max a stack, while wool sells for 12 gold a stack))

Looking for challenges however, i noticed that my level 22 Monk can not do any of the 25 and above quests, this (while wearing all blues from dungeons) is a shame, because level 24 quests actually feel like a breeze and withouth challenge, and even level 24 elite mobs die fast withouth any risk to my character...  Blizzard needs to realise this needs to change if they want to bring people back to the game when they decide to go free to play...

So that leaves me where i am... level 22 and ready to switch XP back on and travel to Stonetalon mountains, enjoying the quests and stories there untill i reach like level 31 or 32  which is the next moment i plan to switch XP off again. Stories and the combat mechanics of my Monk actually make the whole experience quite enjoyable.. But with a few changes it could have been so much much better...

sportsfan

Apprentice Member

9/07/13 6:06:50 PM#26

The advantage you'll have with switching off experience is that you can up your professions with ease AND make profits from it.

I played PVE always with exp OFF and only leveled through PvP to get PvP achievements.

I agree with the fact you can not do quests 3 levels above your character, which would UP the difficulty in PVE while leveling.

I remember when leveling a rogue BEFORE Cata, I could set out my own challenges by sometimes taking quests 5 or 6 levels above my level (like in Strangleton Vale), which REALLY was a LOT of fun.

After they brought in the 3 level above limit I switched to do PvP only to gain lvls.. You actually learn to play the class better with PvP then PvE.

--- As a side note: the TBC and other expansions give more challenge within the 3 level limit than the first 60 levels.

So keep us updated.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search