Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Archlord 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,801,460 Users Online:0
Games:725  Posts:6,196,415
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Couple Wow questions... Best tank class? and best pvp classes

11 posts found
  Silvercrank

Novice Member

OP  7/06/13 3:01:19 AM#1

Hello, i was wondering what is the best tank class for pve. Is it warrior? paladon? monk?

and what is the best class for pvp right now, i made a hunter because when i used to play i remember they were on top.

I mean for battlegrounds, dueling, 1v1, etc.

Ive gotten my hunter to lvl 60 so far and not sure if i should just start a new class if this class isn't doing so well pvp wise right now.

Thanks!

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

7/06/13 3:03:34 AM#2

hunters have always been a popular pvp class.

i tanked with a paladin for 6 years and a half...because the resource management was alligned with my playstyle and the other tanks' werent. so its up to you.

tawess

Elite Member

7/06/13 3:11:17 AM#3

Best tank, depends on your playstyle.

I always preferd Druid over other tanks (with a paladin as a second) Feral tanks are fairly different looks wise (who does not like to be a angry bear)

As for PvP it is even worse. Generally Rogues/Feral Cat gives you a good amount of control and some mighty burst DPS but you need to be very aware of your surroundings. Warlocks have great DoT´s but a bad habit of having to watch their victim die infront of their dead body.

Simply, you need to tell us how you like to play in order for us to be able to answer those questions.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

Malvious

Advanced Member

7/06/13 3:18:28 AM#4
HAI GUIZ WHAT MOST OP CLASS WITHOUT SKILL NEEDED?

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

Robokapp

Elite Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

7/06/13 3:24:45 AM#5
Originally posted by Malvious

DK

must be male blood elf and the name must contain many Xs for style and a reference to Arthas.

Xarthosyoloqtx is a good choice. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJJOrR4wj8

emperorwings

Advanced Member

7/06/13 3:26:42 AM#6
It's DK because you heal when you damage.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Nitth

Hard Core Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

7/06/13 3:28:25 AM#7

Originally posted by Silvercrank
Hello, i was wondering what is the best tank class for pve. Is it warrior? paladon? monk?

and what is the best class for pvp right now, i made a hunter because when i used to play i remember they were on top.

I mean for battlegrounds, dueling, 1v1, etc.

Ive gotten my hunter to lvl 60 so far and not sure if i should just start a new class if this class isn't doing so well pvp wise right now.

Thanks!

There is no best tank class, They have gone out of their way to normalize all classes.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

7/06/13 3:33:33 AM#8
i dont know about tanking but pvp dps Frost Mages destroy everything if you play the class well enough to stay alive. You can be successful PvPer with any class if you play it better than your opponent.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

Arthasm

Hard Core Member

7/06/13 3:36:34 AM#9
My main is Warrior tank, but I prefer and enjoy druid over all tank classes. Sometimes I tank with DK (mostly when doing alt raids). There is no best tank class, it only depends what you prefer and some specific fights in progress requires specific tanks because of their abilities, but again, not important. DK is best if you play solo or want to solo old raid content, even solo Lich King on 25 man HC, but paladins can do also.
  gervaise1

Elite Member

7/06/13 3:46:19 AM#10

Play style really is key. You have to enjoy your class. PvE is often situational - lots of mobs vs. single world boss vs. less powerful boss with some adds.

However for PvE you would be well served by a druid; they make a decent tank and if you go healing for your second class then you won't struggle to get into raids later.

PvP - presumably you are talking of a PvE server. If so PvP will (generally) be more controlled - battlegrounds etc. - and class discussions can be had but .... on a PvP server life can be hard whatever class you opt for. 

Ultimately pick a class you enjoy.

Building on the comment above: if a warlock is recognised as causing mayhem then they will become very popular; attacked as soon as they return from the grave. Which may mean the warlock's side wins .... but because they were the one being killed leaving the other classes free to achieve the objectives. Would you consider dying a lot "best"

Anslem

Novice Member

7/07/13 4:10:26 PM#11
Originally posted by Robokapp
Originally posted by Malvious

DK

must be male blood elf and the name must contain many Xs for style and a reference to Arthas.

Xarthosyoloqtx is a good choice. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJJOrR4wj8

Yes!  Character's name must also contain a special keyboard character-letter. 

PS. All depends on your play style, me thinks.  

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -