Trending Games | Pirate101 | EverQuest | Elder Scrolls Online | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,405 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,628
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  Donpoohbear

Novice Member

OP  7/05/13 2:55:04 PM#1
is keybinding a must  in this game if you want to suceed . ive played for years as a ranged dps now im takling tankiong as a melee and ive never used keybinds befor ive always clicked with my mouse . 
  ReallyNow10

Advanced Member

Don't give us stories. Give us worlds and we will make our own stories.

7/12/13 9:59:51 PM#2
Originally posted by Donpoohbear
is keybinding a must  in this game if you want to suceed . ive played for years as a ranged dps now im takling tankiong as a melee and ive never used keybinds befor ive always clicked with my mouse . 

For some reason, the devs at WOW have decided that a warrior needs 20 action buttons. I just don't understand.  Even real swordsman limit their different strikes and blocks and parries.

So, to answer your questions, yes, I believe you need keybinding (macros) in order to maximize your DPS output as a melee, especially warriors.

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

7/12/13 10:05:32 PM#3
Originally posted by Donpoohbear

Mouse clicking is bad do not do it, sit down force your body to learn the muscle mmory of keybinding.  It isn't that hard.  Bind everything 1-5. ctrl 1-5. shift 1-5 and if you need more, R, F,C and their variants.  Those are the only keybinds I have ever used and this coming from someone who 5 years ago was a clicker.  Trust me, you'll thank me later.  Clicking is for noobs!

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

7/12/13 10:11:17 PM#4

no matter what class i play i keybind important offensive skills on 1-6, R,F,C,V (the closest to WASD) I never take my hand away from WASD and i reach those buttons very easily and fast. Everything else i activate with mouse clicks like buffs, debuffs, and the rest of less important skills.

I stopped keybinding to my mouse side buttons because its just annoying as shit trying to spin the camera fast and hitting the wrong button on the mouse. I only use keyboards now the way i mentioned and its easy and fun to me.

I suggest you at least keybind a few buttons (like i did). As a casual player that likes some competition here and there that works pretty well for me.