Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,977 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,853
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » I miss the old Wow world style

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
21 posts found
  Jean-Luc_Picard

Elite Member

There... are... four... lights!

7/03/13 11:43:49 AM#21
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Briansho
I think Burning Crusade was the highest moment. After that things started going downhill.

I'm partial to Lich King.

Main Reason is because of possibly the best class I've ever played in an MMO.  The Death Knight.  2H Plate Wearing, Disease spreading class of death.  The perfect blend of Melee and magic for me. 

I know I am in the minority here but it was the 1st expansion where I actually enjoyed raiding.  Naxxramas was amazing because it was accessible, fun and had the right blend of depth and accountability.  Plus I loved the 5 man heroic deungeons, gear was decent and the bosses were fun but not overly hard.  I have never been a fan of wiping over and over to figure something out, ala the BC way.  I prefer to actually go in a dungeon and beat it with minimal focus. 

I'm with you, not for the simplicity though, special modes for bosses and then heroic modes were actually quite challenging, coming from someone who got his Ulduar mount at the right level and with the right gear. Introducing different difficulty levels so more people could experience the raid content everyone pays for was actually a stroke of genius from Blizzard. Fights like Prof. Putricide Heroic are some of the most fun and challenging ones in WoW history.

I'm with you because I simply believe that still right now, today, WotLK is the best expansion ever released for a mainstream MMORPG, be it for solo, group or raiding content. The amount added was tremendous, yet the game wasn't as linear as Cataclysm made it, and the quality was top notch. And yeah, playing a DK was great, just the introduction instance was worth at least trying that class.

WotLK, right now in 2013, 5 years after its release, is still the best MMO expansion ever in my top list. I'm still waiting to see a better expansion released for any existing AAA game. I had my best time in WoW during that expansion.

"Good news everyone! The slime is flowing again!"

Playing now: WoW, Landmark, GW2

Got a refund: Archeage. First refund since I started MMOs.

Top 3 MMORPGs played: UO, AC1 and WoW

Honorable mentions: AO, LotRO and GW2.

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search