Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,222 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,705
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » How Dead Is Your Server?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  DAS1337

Advanced Member

5/13/13 1:57:23 PM#21
Originally posted by Robokapp

when games grow, you open new servers.

when games shrink you close some servers.

what's confusing ? server-migration (free and forced) followed by deleting the newly emptied servers.

I know it's an old joke.. 

But hey, it's Captain Obvious!

I think the OP's question involved other WoW players telling about the population of their server.. not about why it's confusing as to why servers may need merged.  Reading comprehension much?

slickbizzle

Apprentice Member

5/13/13 5:41:46 PM#22
Originally posted by Manolios

I m fan of wow, but not blind. The game has lost many subs and many servers looks like ghost towns.

Time passes and Blizz do nothing. Only ''planning'' things and solutions more than 2 years now. I think its time to put them some pressure.

So, how empty is your server and what is a solution you may find acceptable?

Would you agree to a name change if it was to have server merges or free transfers?

Check also a post started almost 2 years ago in WoW official forums. The last and only answer? by Blizz was back then.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=262

Blizzard had the perfect solution for dying servers.  They allowed players (in addition to the $15 a month) to give them $25 to leave it.   

Profits are great!!!  I hope the guy that came up with the idea got a good raise.   

Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

5/14/13 10:13:09 PM#23

My server was a ghost town when i left WoW two weeks pre Cata.

It was one of the last servers Blizzard opened and never reached a decent player base. The server was opened two times for free transfers to it, which didnt help. Alliance was non-existant and the horde-guilds even supported players who tried to raise some activity on the alliance side. Later on even  gold was given to them via the neutral AH and there was an agreement among the playerbase to not harass alliance players while they level or quest along.

I recently logged in on a trial account and found it beyond dead.

There were no people in Orgrimmar in the evening, so i checked the AH and found like 6-10 pieces of armor in some categories, none in other. WoW progress lists my server as the 2nd lowest among the german servers with estimated 500 players, which is very low even compared to other low servers in the EU.

I would go back to the game, but i refuse to pay an obscene amount of money for a transfer, neither am i going to re-roll all the stuff again.

ghostfaeries

Novice Member

5/15/13 11:53:40 AM#24
My PvE server is less deserted than it was because they added it to the new players list awhile back. It is not a place I would transfer to or roll a new character now. The market is horrible for buying/selling and there's maybe two decent raiding guilds left (not counting the other faction).
  fariah033

Novice Member

5/15/13 12:05:54 PM#25
Im on draenor the population is really low . The AH is a joke there is nothing for sale in it lol. Its really difficult to think about changing servers when I have been on that server since day 1 also the cost to transfer all my toons bahhhh humbug!!!
2 Pages « 1 2 Search