Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,489 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,532
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Prepare Someone for WoW

3 posts found
  DeanGrey

Advanced Member

OP  5/09/13 10:37:50 PM#1

I played WoW until a little while after TBC. I have tried the game four or five times since then but never stuck around. I feel like giving it another try. What should one do for an optimal WoW experience. Areas to be avoided, professions to take, or whatever else you may deem as fun.

I don't hate WoW and  very much like the idea of being part of a game that is updated frequently but I also know that I am a bit disenchanted with the games combat system. I remember it was my main complaint the last time I tried the game. To give context though I enjoy fluff spells. I think I must have spent weeks jumping off of mountains as my mage with the slow fall spell and picking the engineering profession no matter how gimped it was just for the "cool" factor. I really need to find something worth investing in in WoW besides the combat system, like a nice flow of quests.

Shadoed

Advanced Member

5/13/13 12:22:14 PM#2
Originally posted by DeanGrey

I played WoW until a little while after TBC. I have tried the game four or five times since then but never stuck around. I feel like giving it another try. What should one do for an optimal WoW experience. Areas to be avoided, professions to take, or whatever else you may deem as fun.

I don't hate WoW and  very much like the idea of being part of a game that is updated frequently but I also know that I am a bit disenchanted with the games combat system. I remember it was my main complaint the last time I tried the game. To give context though I enjoy fluff spells. I think I must have spent weeks jumping off of mountains as my mage with the slow fall spell and picking the engineering profession no matter how gimped it was just for the "cool" factor. I really need to find something worth investing in in WoW besides the combat system, like a nice flow of quests.

The game is what it is, that has never really changed much since year dot, but since the cataclysm they have improved the flow of the quest chains and i do enjoy the quests in MOP as they are a little more involved and have nice touches like mini bosses to be taken care of, but on the whole it is still WOW and you cannot get away from that, so if you are still carrying some niggles about any fundamental aspects of the game then you may be setting yourself up for a disappointing experience.

Open a trial account, take a look about and get a feel, won't cost you anything and you will at least be able to come to some decision.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Karelia

Apprentice Member

5/13/13 12:26:15 PM#3

my only advice: pick a high server. you wont regret it...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2986509135?page=264