Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,121 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,085
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Which class and race are best for DPS?

8 posts found
  Raklen

Apprentice Member

OP  4/22/13 4:56:52 PM#1
I currently have a dual specialized Tauren druid that is both DPS and a Healer but I am making another character. Any suggestions?
  cronius77

Advanced Member

4/22/13 5:03:38 PM#2
right now the highest dps in the game is a frost mage, arcane mage and destruction warlock. Race doesnt matter play what you like and wait until patch 5.3 when its 33% less experience to get from 85-90 and all heirloom upgrades to 85 are 60% off in justice points. I personally would run lots of heroics on your 90 until you can loom up your next character and save up the 4k limit on looms then upgrade them all to level 85 heirlooms the day 5.3 hits. Lots of really good changes in that patch for sure.
  gervaise1

Elite Member

4/23/13 9:46:42 AM#3

To muddy the water a little - maybe - it depends in part on what you are fighting. Mages, at the end of the day, are meant to be high dps out of the door and destruction warlocks are the closest thing to mages. However:

If it is a single, non-heroic mob then builds with high single target damage will have a clear edge. When it comes to multiple targets AoE comes into its own. Finally DOTS come into there own when you fight mobs with lots of health - especially in long fights were mana may start to be a factor (potions can only do so much).

At the end of the day though my advice would be to play what you are comfortable with. Blizzard also tend to tweak things - and have always done a pretty good job - of preventing anyone combo being "overwhelmingly dominant" to the point that everybody you see is "X".

Betaguy

Hard Core Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

4/23/13 9:48:08 AM#4
Originally posted by Raklen
I currently have a dual specialized Tauren druid that is both DPS and a Healer but I am making another character. Any suggestions?

Ret Pally, don't let the noobs tell ya otherwise... it's all about the rotations.

Big thing about WoW is gear, gear makes the difference on how much DPS you will do. Every class can DPS big numbers if geared/spec'd properly and you run an addon to tell you your rotations.

Battlerock

Apprentice Member

4/23/13 9:55:38 AM#5
Dont just look at what is right now look at the history, I would say Orc Hunter
  Urvan

Advanced Member

"How do you prove that you exist..? Maybe we don't exist.." Vivi, Final Fantasy IX

4/23/13 9:56:09 AM#6
Racials really don't make a miraculous difference to DPS, though obviously the best way to choose is to check what bonuses they have toward the class, such as trolls who get Berserking - Activate to increase attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds. 3 minute cooldown and Bow +1% crit chance, which is useful for Hunter, of course.  However, if you are wondering what the highest DPS is overall there are websites for this such as DPS Bot and Noxxic's DPS Ranking . Noxxic also has some awesome builds as he seems to know what he's doing, he even covers other MMOs, worth checking out.  Stastically Mage, Warlock, DK, Warrior and Rogue have most DPS it would seem atm.  Though do bare in mind that Blizzard just loves to nerf, so today's most DPS will become tomorrows least DPS at some point.

Wakygreek

Spotlight Poster

Reason is a necessity

4/23/13 10:11:55 AM#7

Thats easy, go onto the forums and see what the FOTM is. Once you do try to get that class to cap and raid asap. At the end of that months cycle it will change to a new fotm. WoW has always been this way since the expansions started rolling out. With one hand they over buff with the other they over nerf.

This is also the reason why PVP is no fun, classes change every patch and its annoying to keep up with all of the inblanaces in pvp.

Bookah

Apprentice Member

"you are not prepared!"

4/28/13 1:53:51 PM#8

ROGUE FTW

The rogue class is such an amazing dps class. Blizz realy nailed it and you relize why every other game sense WOW has followed there rogue template so closely.

Assuming OP is staying Horde

PVE: Orc.

the dps racial is epic and the males look so cool with huge leather shoulders

PVP: Undead.

There racials are epic for pvp, fear being such an importent mechanic in arena and rated BG play.