Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,846,210 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,199
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » What are the best pets?

9 posts found
  Cartographer94

Novice Member

OP  4/22/13 4:51:14 PM#1

What are the best pets? I have just become a level 62 hunter and learned the ability to call my 4th pet and I have always had trouble choosing a pet. I know pets are structured with dps, tanks, and some in between. I was hoping to here some of your takes on what pets might work best.

Cartographer94

Raklen

Apprentice Member

4/23/13 1:04:36 AM#2
Whatever you want Gino
  DAS1337

Novice Member

4/23/13 1:09:26 AM#3
People still play WoW?
  WhiteLantern

Novice Member

4/23/13 1:10:08 AM#4

All the information you could ever want on Hunter pets is right here.

As for me, I've been using my white Gorilla since vanilla. I also like my ghost Hydra, since they aren't tameable any more.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

McPickle

Novice Member

4/23/13 1:16:01 AM#5

Idk if you mean for meta or comsetic but I'm going to tell you about Scar anyways.

He's basicaly a metal panther in the firelands. He's a rare spawn every so many hours. Then you have to jump up some ledges, where he is usualy on one. I haven't play MoP but I believe you can use silence shot on any hunter now and u have to hit him with that and then try to tame him before he hits you.

Soooooo I had been waiting to get this guy and I logged in early one morning and not as many were on. Boom there he was. So I get up there and line myself up and  hit him and start taming him. 1 sec before I'm done some random guy comes up and 1 shots him and kills him.  One of the few times in gaming I've been ready to throw something. 

I don't play wow anymore.

Hekke29

Novice Member

4/23/13 2:10:23 AM#6
just follow Whitelantern's link, for years whenever i had ANY questions about my hunter alts Petopia was a place to go, now they even have info about battle pets as a "bonus" so when i revisited WoW to check Pandaria for a bit i was pleasantly suprised to find them not only alive but kickin :D

“Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.” Dr.Seuss

88proof

Novice Member

That's one big tuna fish!

4/23/13 9:34:39 AM#7

cat or wolf for instances, spider or crab for pvp and the core hound for raids..........BUT there is no right or wrong. I use the pet that I like. By now people are so op and gear out yer pet shouldnt make that much of a difference. 

So it really boils down to do you have a pet you like and are you effective with it?

a1csims

Advanced Member

4/23/13 9:38:22 AM#8

sporebat

ghostfaeries

Novice Member

5/03/13 9:45:41 AM#9
Originally posted by WhiteLantern

All the information you could ever want on Hunter pets is right here.

I love that website.

It depends what spec your hunter is really. there's some helpful pets that give buffs to you, your party or raid, for pvp and just pets for fun. as for me- I am survival and I use a wolf for furious howl in dungeons and raids.