Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,822 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,597
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » In my opinion, this is what keeps MOP from being great..............

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
82 posts found
  DrowNoble

Advanced Member

2/24/13 5:06:36 PM#81

The first problem is the absurd amount of phasing.  I got scrolled last year and my friend bought me the expansion so we could group together.  However, since she was playing before I was we couldn't group as she had to wait til I "caught up" in the questing.  This is an asinine development strategy.  Phasing is like cooking seasoning, use it sparingly.

Pandas.  Yes, Pandas are a problem since Alliance players have been asking for them for a while, but not Horde.  Yet Blizzard (once again) was lazy in development and just gave them to both factions.  There should of been 2 distinct races in the expansions.  In theory, you could have a battleground with all pandas fighting each other.  That's absurd.

Increasing the amount of 90 dailies is NOT "adding more content".  It's just adding more repeatable quests.  They advertised that MoP would have "more" content than Cats, yet it's just more dailies.  I'm sorry but doing the same quests every day, week after week is B-O-R-I-N-G.   At least back in patch 2.4 the dailies had a little variety (bombing run anyone?).

Only 5 more levels.  This makes MoP seem smaller.  It also leads to the problem that you will do the same dungeon over and over and over ad nauseum.  TBC and Wrath with their 10 level increase spread the content out more, which meant slower burnout.  Blizzard needs to stop these "mini-expansions".

Housing.  If EQ2 could have housing at launch in 2004, there is no excuse why WoW couldn't of had it with MoP. 

I could make more comments, but I'll stop now before I get carried away.  :)

MurlockDance

Advanced Member

2/25/13 3:37:19 AM#82
Originally posted by DrowNoble

The first problem is the absurd amount of phasing.  I got scrolled last year and my friend bought me the expansion so we could group together.  However, since she was playing before I was we couldn't group as she had to wait til I "caught up" in the questing.  This is an asinine development strategy.  Phasing is like cooking seasoning, use it sparingly.

Pandas.  Yes, Pandas are a problem since Alliance players have been asking for them for a while, but not Horde.  Yet Blizzard (once again) was lazy in development and just gave them to both factions.  There should of been 2 distinct races in the expansions.  In theory, you could have a battleground with all pandas fighting each other.  That's absurd.

Increasing the amount of 90 dailies is NOT "adding more content".  It's just adding more repeatable quests.  They advertised that MoP would have "more" content than Cats, yet it's just more dailies.  I'm sorry but doing the same quests every day, week after week is B-O-R-I-N-G.   At least back in patch 2.4 the dailies had a little variety (bombing run anyone?).

Only 5 more levels.  This makes MoP seem smaller.  It also leads to the problem that you will do the same dungeon over and over and over ad nauseum.  TBC and Wrath with their 10 level increase spread the content out more, which meant slower burnout.  Blizzard needs to stop these "mini-expansions".

Housing.  If EQ2 could have housing at launch in 2004, there is no excuse why WoW couldn't of had it with MoP. 

I could make more comments, but I'll stop now before I get carried away.  :)

Very good post ! I especially agree with your comments about dailies and pandas. I didn't group up much while leveling outdoors so I don't know how bad phasing is. Is it really prevalent ? I think that Blizzard is trying to overcome the gripe that nothing ever seems to change when you do certain actions. That is a problem with the sort of on-rails questing you have in a game like WoW.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search