Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,986 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,594
Blizzard Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/23/04)  | Pub:Blizzard Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.99 | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

World of Warcraft Forum » General Discussion » Just a little puzzle for the old schoolers.

14 posts found
  moosecatlol

Apprentice Member

OP  2/24/13 11:53:13 AM#1

A WoW-famous Australian man who before taking THIS screenshot previously quit playing WoW for Battle Field 2, is also know for creating the a guild in Guild Wars 2 known as "The Shadowmoon" on Emhry Bay.

Who is he?

khm3rthug

Novice Member

2/24/13 11:56:22 AM#2
let me guess . LOSERBOY MOOSECAT
  Brenics

Hard Core Member

2/24/13 11:59:50 AM#3
LOL does it matter if some of us could careless. :)
  lugal

Hard Core Member

2/24/13 12:40:01 PM#4
Originally posted by moosecatlol

A WoW-famous Australian man who before taking THIS screenshot previously quit playing WoW for Battle Field 2, is also know for creating the a guild in Guild Wars 2 known as "The Shadowmoon" on Emhry Bay.

Who is he?

Old school would be something from Vanilla WoW. But I guess if you are still in middle school, this would be old for you.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The reviewer has a mishapen head
Which means his opinion is skewed
...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Ginaz

Hard Core Member

2/24/13 12:44:09 PM#5
Originally posted by lugal

Who is he?

Old school would be something from Vanilla WoW. But I guess if you are still in middle school, this would be old for you.

Yeah, I didn't know WotLK was considered "old school".

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

Bladestrom

Hard Core Member

2/24/13 12:45:39 PM#6
You can grind a faction to achieve old school status now.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW (9500 hrs on main mage)> oblivion > LOTR (480 Hunter) > Rift (230 hours mage) > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(850 elementalist)

Now playing GW2/vanilla wow

bliss14

Hard Core Member

Ahh devil ether.

2/24/13 12:52:28 PM#7
Hugh Jackman.
  Gishgeron

Advanced Member

2/24/13 12:58:52 PM#8
Originally posted by Bladestrom
You can grind a faction to achieve old school status now.

Faction grinding is something I never did.  For good reason...I got a little burned in vanilla.  See, I hit level cap on these awesome teddy bear things in Ashzara.  It was easy and they had decent money drops plus I got to kill a near endless supply of night elf players there (a gold farming set up was posted there, all the elves were exactly the same including the name sans a character difference here and there).  Times were good, and I was filled with joy.

Then, sometime before the pre-BC patch, they added faction rewards to those very teddy bear fellows.  One of which was sorta nice and I would have liked it at that time.  But I was already as hated as a person can get with that faction...so...no dice.  I realized then that I had more fun slaughering the innocent than I ever would have actually getting that reward so I just never bothered with any faction stuff ever again.  I also never really played much after vanilla either, though.  A month here and there through BC and WotLK.  The game never got its flavor back with me.  Not because of that, so to speak, but just because it was time to move on.

moosecatlol

Apprentice Member

OP  2/25/13 7:39:45 AM#9

Wrong, It's the J-man James Bondage, also more famously known as Jamaz of Total Losers.

The World of Warcraft community of mmorpg sadly has less cognitive problem solving skills than a fresh highschool graduate of a poverty stricken neighborhood.

I had honestly thought about doing a type of "Where are they now" for the players that shaped World of Warcraft over the years, but as shown that wouldn't be possible.

DMKano

Elite Member

2/25/13 7:44:57 AM#10

Never heard of the guild or that person. 

Why would the general community even be expected to know this?

Its like me asking the general populace some facts from my childhood neighborhood....

evanjobrien

Apprentice Member

2/25/13 7:45:37 AM#11

WotLK.

Old School.

Pick one.

FARGIN_WAR

Novice Member

2/25/13 8:04:27 AM#12

Wrong, It's the J-man James Bondage, also more famously known as Jamaz of Total Losers.

The World of Warcraft community of mmorpg sadly has less cognitive problem solving skills than a fresh highschool graduate of a poverty stricken neighborhood.

I had honestly thought about doing a type of "Where are they now" for the players that shaped World of Warcraft over the years, but as shown that wouldn't be possible.

Sorry I played Wow for years and never heard of the guy. Maybe you need to face the possibility that MMO "Celebrities" are less memorable than you'd like to think.

"Word to yo mutha"

If you don’t do stupid things while you’re young, you’ll have nothing to smile about when you’re old.

Loktofeit

Hard Core Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, ESO, and Combat Arms

2/25/13 8:52:55 AM#13
Originally posted by DMKano

Never heard of the guild or that person. 

Why would the general community even be expected to know this?

Its like me asking the general populace some facts from my childhood neighborhood....

This is one of the reasons why I like single-shard virtual worlds. Although eFame and a token will get you on a bus, when you become known in a single-shard universe, the entire playerbase knows who you are. In sharded MMOs, only the handful of people on your particular server ever really hear about you.

Homitu

Hard Core Member

2/25/13 9:21:33 AM#14
Originally posted by Ginaz
Originally posted by lugal

Who is he?

Yeah, I didn't know WotLK was considered "old school".

Seriously.  If I were to come back today.  Getting on that boat to Howling Fjord would still feel like I'm sailing to a new frontier to me.